PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Question...AHHHH

PeterPansMagic
02-18-2008, 01:17 AM
I have some questions about restaurants again. On our last day which is May 2nd we have no restaurant booked yet. Im curious though.

My husband HATES anything spicy & he doesnt like fish.

My question is...What is Jiko, Boma & Flying Fish Cafe like?

sillyolbear
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Flying Fish will almost always have a steak selection and possibly one other non-seafood selection, but is heavily seafood. Jiko and Boma will have a wide selection to choose from.

In terms of spicy, particularly at Flying Fish and Jiko, informing your server that you don't do spicy is all you need to do and the chef will accommodate your taste preference. At Boma, I suspect they would work with you as best they could and at the least be able to steer you away from any spicy items on the buffet.

vamaggie
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Maybe try Marrakesh. My mom doesn't like spicy food either. We ate at Marrakesh and found it to be very good and not spicy at all. Mom had the chicken couscous and it was really flavorful but not spicy at all.

Kairi_7378
02-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I think that of your three choices, I would go with Jiko and then speak to your server about the spiciness of the entrees. Some people love Boma but others complain of the spiciness factor, and it may be harder to accommodate your husband's tastes. I wouldn't go to Flying Fish since your husband wouldn't have many choices there. (I wouldn't go to a restaurant where there was only one entree on the menu I could eat. What if I'm not in the mood for that that night?)

SAnderson70769
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
Only thing I can contribute is that we love the breakfast buffet at Boma's! :thumbsup:

Jared
02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
If your husband does not like seafood, Flying Fish Cafe is definitely not a good option.

I absolutely love Boma, and it's arguably my favorite restaurant in Disney. Though it does offer some intriguing African dishes, there are very traditional buffet options for even the pickiest eater looking for meat and potatoes. It might be a good compromise if you're a little more adventurous than your husband.

:tasty: