PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Check-In

laguna
02-17-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi--We will be landing in Orlando at 8:40 a.m. Will there be any chance of us actually being able to check in at POR when we arrive there around 9:30 a.m. or so? Also, when is a reasonable time for us to be at the parks on this day? We are wondering what the earliest possible time would probably be? Thanks for any help!

Young@Heart
02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
It never hurts to try! We always check-in as soon as we arrive (usually before noon). Our room was only ready for us once, but the other times, we were able to get our keys to the world and all our papers/maps/etc. The other times, we were given a number to call and see if our room was ready. Then we just head to the parks, have a few hours of fun, and come back when our room's ready. :mickey:

Darbylew
02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Check in time is 3 pm. I don't think you will be
able to check in that early. You can check in
and they will hold your bags for you until your
room is ready. You can go to one of the parks
as you will have plenty of time or you can take
the boat to DTD for the rest of the day. Hope
things will work out for you. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 09:34 PM
You can check in at ANY time of the day or night....you just won't have your room until later in the day, no later than 3 pm.....We normally check in around 7 am, check in our bags, or leave them in the car, grab our hopper passes and hit the parks running. They will give you a number to call and check the status of your room. Once, we got our room very, very early. No problem though, they give you your hopper passes so you can use 'em right away.....

Strmchsr
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
7 am is the earliest to check in for any specific day, but when you check in you can ask for an available room if it's important for you to go straight to your room. If it doesn't matter they can store your bags and you can pick them up later to go to your assigned room.

GLM
02-17-2008, 09:47 PM
It's completely possible. On our last trip we were able to check in around 10am, but there is no guarantee that your room will be ready. But definetely try! :thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
02-17-2008, 10:02 PM
A couple of times we had our room before 10am...mostly on the slower months. September always has been good for us to get early check-in. Once we had to wait until 5pm at Wilderness Lodge, which was really inconvenient since we had been waiting in the lobby since 3pm.
:pirate:

vamaggie
02-18-2008, 08:28 AM
I would say you should plan to be in a park NO EARLIER than 10:45 or 11 at the earliest. This assumes that 1) plane arrives at 8:40 but you actually don't get off til about 8:50(maybe later if you end up taxing FOREVER like we did). 2) renting a car or getting on DME and getting to WDW should take at least 1 hr--probably a little more--so we are at 9:50-10 3) check in at resort and getting keys, papers etc and securing luggage (if you are lucky and there is really no one else there) 10:15 4) bus to park or driving to TTC then to park at least 10:45. Depending on what actually happens with the arrival, baggage claim/DME, resort check in etc you may not get into the parks til after noon. I would not make any real firm plans til later in the afternoon so you are not rushing and stressing about getting to something.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
You can check in at that time, the question will be whether or not you can get into your room. We arrived about the same time in April '04 at POP. We were able to go right to our room. Even if your room isn't ready I wouldn't worry. DME will get your luggage to your resort and the resort will bring to your room when it is ready. If you have carry on stuff that you don't want to bring to the parks the front desk should hold them for you.

The earliest you could probably get to a park is ~ 10:30. That's if everything goes perfectly smoothly. I think more reasonably is ~11:30 / noonish. This will allow for a little more time to explore the grounds after you check in.

Hope you have a great trip!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-18-2008, 09:12 AM
In March and October, our planes arrived at MCO at 8:20 AM and then we used ME to get to the resort. It really depends... sometimes the rooms are ready that early, and sometimes you have to call and get the room number later. You should be able to get to a park around 11:00 AM. Which one are you going to visit first?

LudwigVonDrake
02-18-2008, 01:05 PM
You can check in but there is a good chance your room won't be ready :mickey: