PDA

View Full Version : Sattelite Dish Question

goofyfan4466
02-17-2008, 12:19 PM
Can Anybody Tell Me Do Sattelite Dishes Go Bad ? I've Checked The Dish Settings 3 Times And Called Direct Tv, But I Still Am Not Getting A Signal. I've Also Tried Another Receiver As I Have 2 Sattelite Dishes ,still No Signal !! Thanks In Advance .

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
We've been with DN for a year or so and have had the actual receiver thingy (LNB, I think???) replaced twice. Or, there's a switch of some kind that can go bad, too, which is located on the dish.

Seems like they should just replace all of your equipment eventually instead of making you endure more repairs.

pdrlkr
02-17-2008, 10:18 PM
We have been with Directv sine it's first time and never had a problem. But from what I understand the LNB on the dish is about the only thing that can go bad.

Ed
02-18-2008, 08:23 AM
Coming 'downstream' from your dish (or dishES, as the case may be) is an electronic switch that splits and sends the signal out to your various TVs. That can go bad, especially if exposed to the weather.

We had a similar problem with just one of the 4 TVs on our system, and Dish Network wanted to charge me a ridiculous amount of money to come check it out. Instead, I checked the switch myself and found that the cable running from the switch to that particular TV was loose. Tightened it snugly, and the problem has never repeated. (While I was up there, I also tightened all the other connections - several were just finger-tight.)

crazeedizneefinatic
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
We had Dish Network for years and one day nothing, no signal at all. The problem was that we had a horrible wind storm and turned the dish on the roof. Dish would not come out to take a look without a ton on money for a service call. We knew what the problem was and it just needed lined up again. Needless to say we switched to cable. Have you had any strong storms lately? If you find all connections are tight and everything is working properly than check to see if your dish is out of alignment. Good luck!