PDA

View Full Version : Most Tiring Park

DisFan01
02-17-2008, 08:51 AM
Well, another poll [suprise suprise]...

Okay, so this shouldn't be a hard one.

What is the most tiring park at WDW for you personally?

Ian
02-17-2008, 09:02 AM
I went with Epcot. You do a couple laps around WS and you are gassed!!

Jeff
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Epcot due to size.
If it's a hot day then Animal Kingdom. It just seems hotter there.

ibrowse17
02-17-2008, 09:25 AM
No brainer for me, Epcot.:mickey:

Darbylew
02-17-2008, 09:29 AM
I think Epcot because it is so much walking but
we do enjoy it. AK would be my next choice. I
don't know why but it seems that the walks are
more narrow and therefore seems to be so
many people that it can be tiring. :mickey:

WDWRox
02-17-2008, 09:46 AM
I was torn between Epcot and Animal Kingdom. For me, 99% of what I enjoy about Epcot is in Future World, so the walking isn't bad, unless we happen to be in World Showcase for some reason and want to go back to the monorail to leave the park. THAT walk can be a killer.

But, I had to go with Animal Kingdom because, in addition to the tons of walking around just to get to the very few rides that I actually like, it's also the HOTTEST (by far) of the other parks and so that factored in.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Epcot, without a doubt! Getting to the American Adventure from the entrance is a looooong walk

eyoreswife
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
i said animal kingdom because no matter what time of day we get there my kids feel the need to run to everest it is their favorite ride of all parks,(hurry up and wait) by the time us adults catch up with them were junk for the rest of the day. but were going in july so i'm thinking with the humidity they will all be tiring(hurts so good)

wedway76
02-17-2008, 10:10 AM
For some reason I never feel worn out when I’m in the parks. Sometimes at the end of a long day I might feel sleepy but not physically spent.

crltkcagle
02-17-2008, 10:11 AM
epcot is so large and once your in those countries theres no easy out. lol

Bethis26fan
02-17-2008, 10:12 AM
I love epcot but its killer on the feet by the end of the day.

chefmickey3
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
I picked AK. We try to do it in less than one day so we do it fast. It is a hike from EE to the Safari and it is always more hot than the other parks because of the vegetation. We usually plan 2-3 days for EPCOT and break up Future World and the countries so we don't notice the size as much.

Mickey07
02-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I would have to go with AK, for some reason it seems to be hotter there ???

DNS
02-17-2008, 10:48 AM
I went with the studios because after all these years, I still get a little lost and retrace steps. Plus for us, we do not do much there, so I think it just seems more tiring. Epcot is larger than the studios, but we are constantly stopping to ride or watch something there and it really seems to make a difference.

princessjojo
02-17-2008, 10:53 AM
In one sense of the word, I would have had to choose Animal Kingdom, because it kinda gets repetitive after a few hours. But I went with Magic Kingdom this time. I love MK and could spend all day there. But it is just so large and so much to do there, I kinda get overwhelmed every time, no matter how much I plan. I find myself having to sit and rest, then sit and eat, then eat some more so I can make it through the EMH. 'Cause I'm not leavin' till I'm done. I love this place.

Speedy1998
02-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I picked MK, the other three parks I spend most of my day sitting watching shows. At MK I spend most of my day standing in line.

Polynesian Dweller
02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Animal Kingdom is quite tight and hot which for us makes it more tiring thank Epcot. Epcot's got lots of places to stop and sit and to get out of the heat in some air conditioning.

pixiegoose
02-17-2008, 12:05 PM
I picked AK because it's always so hot and that just drains me. Epcot is big, yes, but it's our favorite park and it has lots of places to enjoy air conditioning and have a snack.

Womble
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
I went with Epcot. You do a couple laps around WS and you are gassed!!

Once around WS is enough for me.
Especially if I have a beer or wine in every other country!;)

I voted EPCOT, but it is still my favourite park.

Seasonscraps
02-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Epcot can kick my butt on a hot day.

BostonChic
02-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd say AK.seems like a lot of walking for all the animals to view :heart::monkey: which I love,but on a hot day :whew: it seems forvever!
and yet I still would not miss a day there ;)

devoted93
02-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Wow, I say Magic Kingdom without a doubt. Walking isn't a problem for me.

The reason why I say MK is that, at least for my friend and me (who always go together every year), MK is a ride to ride to ride to ride park. There isn't much leisurely "let's walk around and browse" time like there is at Epcot. At Epcot, we know we're going to want to stick around for Illuminations so we pace ourselves - we browse the WS stores, we watch the movies, we sit for the American Adventure ... it's a long day, but a really good day. Always our favorite.

For MK, we start at POTC. Then we go to BTMR, then to Splash. It keeps going like this. The entire time we're dodging strollers and crowds and then getting on a ride that jostles us around quite a bit (possibly a couple of times in a row). By the time 5 pm hits, we're both pretty much wiped and we've hit everything we really care to see.

So at the end of the day, it's more about how we go about touring the parks then what the parks have to offer. We can walk and walk and walk and it's not a huge deal (we're both around 30 years old). But put us on Space Mountain four times, Splash Mountain twice, BTMR three times, and in the hot sun for five hours and we start to feel it!

chicade88
02-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Definitely Epcot. My boyfriend and I literally had to take two "I have to sit down or I think I'm going to die" breaks midway around World Showcase. We were so tired we didn't even make it to Illuminations and were in bed by 9 p.m. that night (very early for us since we're regularly up until 1 or 2 a.m.)! We will really be focusing on not trying to go so fast around everything this year!

I didn't notice AK being too bad. It did seem kind of sprawling but there was enough to do that we also were sitting down a lot.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Animal Kingdom seemed the most tiring. Don't know if this was because you had to do only during the day time, but with the heat and chasing the kids this seemed to be the most tiring.

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 12:56 PM
I chose Animal Kingdom.

I agree w/ Mickey07, in that it DOES seem hotter there than any other parks. Do they pump in hot air to make it feel more tropical?

I also think it's because we - like several others have mentioned - try to do AK in one day...usually 1/2 a day. So we rush around a lot more there than other parks. Plus, they generally close earlier, so you don't have the relaxing atmosphere of a calm evening in the park like you do at Epcot or MK.

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 01:00 PM
I chose EC.....after walking around it a couple of times.....standing in the long, long line for Soarin.....we just seem totally drained after leaving the park.....:(

kathiep
02-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Epcot due to size.
If it's a hot day then Animal Kingdom. It just seems hotter there.

Glad to know I'm not the only who thinks that! AK seems so much hotter than anywhere else.

milhouse
02-17-2008, 02:16 PM
AK is almost always the park where I have my worst grumpy Dad moments. The traffic flow makes it always seemed packed to the gills. It's hot and we always have some place we need to get to after. Also, we never schedule AK too early or too late in the trip so it ends up in the middle, 3 or 4 days in, when the whole family seems to hit a wall. We get through it but not without a few not so memorable moments.

TheMartellFamily
02-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Mt pick is AK for the same reason many people stated. There never seems to be air moving around and it just seems to be really steamy. When it much hotter then it wears you out more.

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
Another vote for AK. It always seems hotter and more humid there (if that's possible in June) and there is almost nowhere to get a break from the heat. :whew:

DisneyorBust
02-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Epcot for us, it always seems that we are more tired after a day spent there.
Why is Animal Kingdom seem hotter than the other parks? Narrow walkways? More vegitation?

GrmGrninGost
02-17-2008, 02:54 PM
IMHO it would be AK. I might have picked Epcot, but we usually do it in two days, one for WS and one for FW. This cuts down tremendously on walking. At AK, we go one day. There is so much space between attractions, and not many shortcuts between.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Its gotta be epcot

DisFan01
02-17-2008, 03:47 PM
Well, so far, Epcot is winning!

I never thought it would happen, but one person voted for Disney's Hollywood Studios... :secret:

Of course, Animal Kingdom is second... :D

Magic Smiles
02-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Epcot, we love it, but it is HUGE!

jakeybake
02-17-2008, 04:23 PM
Epcot baby!

Jay

laward32
02-17-2008, 05:29 PM
I had to go with Epcot. That place is HUGE!!! Lots of walking, not much riding.:mickey:

Marker
02-17-2008, 05:35 PM
I had to vote for Animal Kingdom. To me, it's alway hot and crowded. I think it's hot because all of the trees cut down on breeze. Whatever the reason, hot and crowded usually leaves me more tired than the other parks.

And it's probably my least favorite of the parks. If it were my favorite, I probably wouldn't notice the hot and crowded aspect.

BigRedDad
02-17-2008, 05:37 PM
They didn't call it "Every Person Comes Out Tired" for no reason.

laughingplace<3
02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Size isn't the only factor everyone should take into consideration. Although Epcot is the largest, I feel like it is planned in a good way.

I went with Magic Kingdom. It's always crowded and is always energy consuming-probably because of all the magic! ;) Animal Kingdom is a very close second. It seems like it is ALWAYS hotter there, no matter what. The walk from the entrance to Everest is a killer. It's mapped out so there is no direct route to anything. Don't even get me started on the huge tree and how it disrupts traffic flow (but I do love it!)

CU Tiger
02-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Even though we seem to do more in the MK, I voted for EPCOT. There is a lot to do, but the excitement is not as great as MK. Without the excitement, your energy is taken away faster. There is just not as much stuff to do in the other parks to compare to these two. :mickey:

hubbyofadisneyholic
02-17-2008, 09:26 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Marilyn Michetti
02-17-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't believe that out of 42 responses, only three of us chose MK.

It's such a sloooooooow park, and crowded beyond comfort, (usually). I'm one of those annoying ECV people, and negotiating the lines is really hard.

I LOVE Every Person Comes Out Tired.:D

NJ Camper
02-17-2008, 09:42 PM
I picked AK mostly for the same reasons as above but also because you get there early rush around because the park closes early since it closes by around 5 pm we feel we have to rush if we are only doing 1 day there if not then on a longer trip 10-15 days there is no park any worse then the next

RAIDER
02-18-2008, 07:30 AM
Its Epcot ...but i love it :thumbsup::number1:

Belle619
02-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I went with Epcot. Not only are you busy trying to see and do everything, but also tryng to eat :eat: and drink everything :wine: :marg: well, maybe that is just us!

2Epcot
02-18-2008, 10:17 AM
At the end of a long day, whatever park your leaving is the most tiring park. :medic:

LudwigVonDrake
02-18-2008, 11:20 AM
The heat in the Animal Kingdom gets me every time :sleepin:

WDW24
02-18-2008, 11:29 AM
ANIMAL KINGDOM!

I feel like passing out when you have to walk to Expidition Everest and then Lion King and then dinosaur! And then, walk all of the way to the bus stop and wait. :mad:

BostonChic
02-18-2008, 11:58 AM

That's awesome :laughing: I said AK but I did forget about The world showcase,it is a little bit tiring :mickey:

DisneyCouture
02-18-2008, 12:00 PM
Def AK it seems hotter there and feels like walking to one of the park takes forever.

kaerbear178
02-18-2008, 12:20 PM
I picked Epcot as well, it is just so much walking. My lower legs hurt more than anything. I guess I need to work out on the treadmill a lot before I go on this next trip. It's also our favorite park so we like to spend a lot of time there.

grumpyguy
02-18-2008, 12:30 PM
i see epcot is winning.i don't see epcot as tiring,lots of walking but i don't feel the need to sprint from attraction to attraction like i feel in the mk.there is just so much to do and see at mk i feel like i need to it all now!!by the end of the day my legs are tired and feet are swollen from the work:thumbsup:
wish i was feeling the pain right now!!!:cloud9:

dolphinmickey9170
02-18-2008, 12:50 PM
I have to say AK because I always seem to get all worn out there. Especially when it is hot and sunny. It just seems hotter when you are at AK and I just melt.

lightyearfan
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
me and dw voted for Animal Kingdom, this is a huge park which remember can fit all 3 of the other parks in it. you do alot more walking to what you want to get to than in other park, if your in Asia and need to get to Camp Minnie Mickey, thats a pretty long walk, don't forget the AK has more walk through attractions as well. to us this park is the hottest compared to the other parks, but you know what at the end of the day, we are in the most magical and happiest so it really doesn't matter does it:mickey:

Victor

kbean
02-18-2008, 03:27 PM
I would agree with everybody that said Epcot because of the WS. I only walk it once.

EJS-Houston
02-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Epcot is the most tiring for its sheer size, but the Animal Kingdom, much as I love it, is more frustrating because the pathways are (or at least seem to me) narrower and it feels more crowded all the time.

JPelle76
02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm Going with EPCOT! Even though it's a leasurely pace, and my favorite park, you don't realize exactly how much you walked until you get back to the hotel! "Why do my feet hurt so? Well it could be becuse we've walked quite a few miles today!!!":mickey:

Tink#64
02-19-2008, 12:05 AM
I said AK, because it is soooo big & there seems to be so much walking between attractions! We can usually do what we want in half a day, but it's a lot of walking & it always seems so hot there. Especially over in DinoLand with the blacktop or what ever it is! :sun:

We make 2 days of Epcot! We do FW - arriving at opening & we're done & ready to head back to the resort for a swim in the afternoon. Not too bad, most everything is inside so we're fine there. We usually do WS on a day that we sleep in, hang out around the pool & relax & then hit WS in the afternnon at a very leisure pace & stay for IllumiNations. I'm sure if we tried to do it all in one day I would have said Epcot for sure.

Kairi_7378
02-19-2008, 08:45 AM
AK for us.... it doesn't seem like there is a straight path to anything there and all of the twisting back and forth makes it feel like it takes longer to walk anywhere. Also, I agree that it feels hotter there. I don't know why. I really want to love this park, but DH always gets hot and cranky there.

DisneyDD2
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
I'm going with the AK. It's a lot of fun, but there is a lot of walking. I'm usually glad that it closes earlier than the other parks. It's nice to go back to the hotel a little early and not feel like you're missing something.

dbud83
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
The AK is the most tiring for my family. We can barely make it in there on a hot day.

Jasper
02-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I actually find the Magic Kingdom to be the most tiring because of all the small children in that park. Yes, I realize I am showing my age because this didn't use to bother me but now I just dread going to the MK because of all the small kids!

SleepinB
02-19-2008, 09:04 PM
Though Epcot can have a lot of walking and shopping, I enjoy the park so much that I don't seem to notice until after I return to the hotel room. So, I had to vote for Animal Kingdom. Much of Animal Kingdom holds little interest for me so I tend to notice that I am tired while still at the park.

Jeff G
02-19-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm surprised by the results.

I went with AK, I assume it's because we we've never been there on a day not in the 90's. Most of the park is outside and I'm zapped by the heat at the end of the day.

All of the other parks offer more air breaks which help keep me refreshed.

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-21-2008, 08:58 PM
the AK by far the ground is uneven in some parts. not to mention when its hot its brutal!

BW Fan
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I voted for EPCOT only because of it's size. It is my favorite park, but also the one I do the most walking in. That is ok, since I don't feel guilty enjoying the many high quality adult beverages in world showcase, since I am doing so much walking anyway.

alyssašoš
02-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Epcot is a lot of walking and not a lot of rides.Plus not alot of shade:whew:

Goofy Fan
02-22-2008, 02:12 AM
Had to go with AK.

I agree with those who said that it seems way hotter than the other parks. I don't know if it's just my imagination, but it's brutal to walk around that park in the summer. I can't wait for that afternoon thunderstorm to come through. :crazy:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-22-2008, 03:31 AM
AK - you can't go from one section to the next....you have to go to the center. There is just so much walking. I'm always exhausted after walking through this park.

Epcot we take at a leisurely pace. We spend several days at this park so we take our time. MK has so much to do. There is attraction after attraction so I never get tired. Studios is a one day park for us and the attractions are so long that you have relaxing experience.

scottgr
02-22-2008, 07:45 AM
I would have to say Epcot. You walk and walk and walk :mickey:

animalkingdomguy
02-22-2008, 09:04 AM
AK seems more due to the lack of inside attractions and venues. Dinosaurs, Nemo, Festival..., Tough...Bug, Donalds Resturant, Pizzafari all else is outside under the FL sun.

Wrigley
02-22-2008, 02:10 PM
I went with AK simply due to it always seems to be so much hotter at this park! We usually take our trips in mid-July and so it is hot everywhere-but especially at AK. There never seems to be a breeze!!! Being hot makes me tired!!!:mickey:

BandMan
02-22-2008, 04:33 PM
Definately EPCOT. Someone already beat me to "Every Person Comes Out Tired", but it sure is true. I got blisters and was limping out. Guess I learned to bring more sensible shoes.

LauraF
02-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm going against the crowd here - I voted for MK.

I'll take a walk around the WS in July heat *any* day over wading through thick crowds of people at MK. I still love to go there, but I'll never go on a weekend - too many people!

Hull-onian
02-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Well, I don't know if being from Massachusetts has anything to with the voting. I voted for Magic Kingdom for a number of reasons. Waiting! Waiting! Waiting! Even with a fast pass, sometimes you have to walk back to the previous ride. We start the day (early) in tommorow land and end up in :teleport:adventureland, plus we do all the lands in between and hitch a ride with MainStreetJim. Can't miss the beautiful :train:train he so lovingly takes care of. I don't care for their counter service restaurants. Not so much. I do enjoy EPCOT and WS. I just sort of take it all in, and don't try to do everything there. We will be there for the Flower and Garden show. Really looking forward to it. Hollywood Studios, not my fav. Love AK, and I don't mind walking around there either. Again, we don't try to fit everything in. Gotta save some stuff for the next trip.:cloud9:

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 01:14 PM
Definitely Epcot, simply because it's so huge and there's so much to see and do ... two parks in one, and all. Animal Kingdom comes in at a close second when the crowds are tremendous, though, simply because of the crowded and meandering pathways. I always feel like it's a horror to fight your way through.

Soul_Power
02-23-2008, 04:17 PM
I voted for EPCOT. My boyfriend and I were there last summer, and we didn't even get to really walk around and see everything - we were exhausted. It may have very well been the heat and the fact that it was our first park of the whole trip.

I will definitely explore EPCOT more on my next trip! :thumbsup:

jszczur5
02-23-2008, 11:28 PM
I voted for Epcot because of its sheer size. Hubby votes for AK because it's always so much hotter there (compared tot the rest of the World) when we travel in August.

Mickey91
02-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Animal Kingdom. Everything is so far apart and there really aren't any in between rest stops.

King Triton
02-25-2008, 12:17 PM
I went with DHS. I find it by far it has the poorest layout and is the only park for which I still carry a map. It seems like there's a lot of walking to get from one attraction to another. I don't mind the walking, but I wind up getting turned around there (my own fault).

beksy
02-25-2008, 01:06 PM
Epcot! For some reason we kept getting lost and retracing our steps (not to mention going back for fastpasses!). A lot o fun but we couldn't even stay till illuminations!

JuicyMoose17
02-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Definitely AK. It's soooo big.

KT1234
02-25-2008, 03:32 PM
I voted for Animal Kingdom just because I've found that I can never spend more than a couple hours there without having a member in my party sick from the heat. It just always wipes me out!

I'm actually surprised so many people voted for Epcot! Maybe it's just the way I do Epcot, but I always seem to find it pretty relaxing and slow paced. I guess it's different for everyone though!

disneyworld55925592
02-25-2008, 04:31 PM
i went with magic kingdom, i think its because we love it and all the rides so we just run all over the place to get in as much as possible!

McGoofy
02-27-2008, 10:27 AM
I had to go with Animal Kingdom because, in addition to the tons of walking around just to get to the very few rides that I actually like, it's also the HOTTEST (by far) of the other parks and so that factored in.

:ditto: That is the exact same reason that I voted for AK. I thought about Epcot, but we stroll very leisurely around WS. Even though it can be a lot of walking, we stop often so it doesn't tend to be so tiring.

pogo
02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Epcot ! We :walk:.... and :walk:... and :walk: some more. Plus we spend more hours per day at Epcot. Can you tell what my favorite park is ???

Wrong.... MK ! :D

Meredithb
02-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Since you are on the subject of tiring parks.... We are planning a 2 1/2 day trip to WDW. One day we are going to just a P&PP, the other day we will do the MK, and we have one more day... we can't do it all this time, but I am choosing between AK and Hollywood Studios. My children are 3 and 5...and 31 (my husband). Any advice from you veterans out there?:confused:

SurferStitch
02-27-2008, 12:36 PM
For some reason I never feel worn out when I’m in the parks. Sometimes at the end of a long day I might feel sleepy but not physically spent.

I was thinking the same thing. DH and I don't go at a fast pace because we like to take our time and soak everything in. I guess that's why we don't get tired or worn out.

adamsfam5
02-27-2008, 12:47 PM
For our family it's always EPCOT. We cannot take strollers into the pavilions, so our children have to walk more. And, with the light colored buildings, it makes it seem hotter to me (everything is much brighter).

Mikey Piano 23
02-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Epcot...its so huge especially if you want to see everything in the countries.