PDA

View Full Version : Annual Passholder

elmjimmlm
02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
I am wondering how the AP works...Is there a difference between AP and DVC? I have never really figured this out...I have not really researched but have wondered what its all about...:confused:

KylesMom
02-16-2008, 09:50 PM
An A/P (or "Annual Pass") is a type of park ticket. It allows for 365 days of park entry into all four theme parks.

DVC (or "Disney Vacation Club") is Disney's answer to timeshares. DVC is a real estate transaction for a specific resort; for instance, The Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, etcetera.

So the A/P allows you to visit the parks, and DVC allows you a place to stay on property while enjoying the parks! :mickey:

Dsnygirl
02-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I am not a DVC member, nor do I have an AP (yet... :blush:) but I think I can give you a basic answer... more folks with better info will probably be along soon! :)

An Annual Pass is basically the opportunity to buy "365 days worth of park tickets" for one price, allowing you to go as many times as you would like in a 365 day calendar year from the first day you use it. It usually is worth it if you plan on spending more than 14 days in the parks over that year, I believe. (It may be a little less.... I don't remember the details from when I last researched it.) It has nothing to do with your hotel room, although there are times that owning an AP can get you a discounted rate at certain resorts, as well as other benefits.

A Disney Vacation Club membership is basically like a timeshare - you buy into a particular Vacation Club property at whatever level you can afford or need for the way you travel per year... you pay per "point" for as many days/weeks as you would use a year, and those points vary according to Disney's calendar for value season, regular season, holidays, etc. For example, if you loved OKW, you could pay for 100 points at $88/point. During regular season, a week at OKW would be a certain number of points - and weekends have higher point values than weekdays. So, it's good to go to a website that has the points/seasons for each resort and work out where you'd prefer to be, how long and when you go, etc. Whatever resort you buy into is your "home resort", although you can stay at any of the DVC properties, depending on availability. (And when you are not at your home resort, you can't book out as far ahead as your home resort) A DVC membership has nothing to do with park tickets, but you can get a discount on an AP, I believe.

That is the basics - a bit sketchy, I'm afraid, as like I said, we don't use either yet for our family. But the AP is in our future - as the DVC club may be down the road!! :thumbsup: