PDA

View Full Version : Travel ?'s

all4djcc
02-16-2008, 06:48 PM
So we decided on a last minute cruise. Flying to MCO on March 1 and returning on March 6. Can anyone suggest a decent hotel (By decent I mean price and close to MCO) and a decent (price again) way to get to and from Port Canaveral from MCO? 2 adults and 4 kids. Any help would be greattly appreciated. 2 weeks and counting.

all4djcc
02-16-2008, 07:01 PM
I forgot to mention that we are flying in on March 1st and sailing on March 2nd. Thus the need for one night in a hotel close to MCO.

Thanks

TammiMcMan
02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
With 6, you'll probably need to look at a suite hotel. We've had great luck with the Hawthorne Suites. It's very convenient to MCO. They offer both a free shuttle from the airport and a nice hot complimentary breakfast in the morning. I want to say that we've paid around $99 per night for a 2 bedroom suite.

In regards to transportation back and forth from the airport to Port Canaveral, you may want to look into Budget rent a car. You'd need to price it out, but I think the best option for your bottom dollar is the one way rental. You can rent from the airport to Port Canaveral. The driver can drop off the passengars and luggage at the port, return the car to the local Budget and then take their shuttle back to the Port. When you return from your cruise, the driver can take the shuttle, get the car, come back to the port for the rest of the family and do the one way return to MCO. Not the most convenient, but less expensive than paying for a 5 day rental and the $12 per day parking fee at the port.