PDA

View Full Version : Where Do You Stay?

elmjimmlm
02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
We have always stayed at POR and it makes me wonder about the other resorts...What is your favorite?

Jillirose
02-16-2008, 02:34 PM
The pool and location can't be beat at the Beach Club, favorite of our kids, ages 10 and 13. We haven't tried any other deluxes, though - just moderates and off campus. :thumbsup:

DreamFinder2
02-16-2008, 11:04 PM
I've actually never stayed at a moderate...we've done the All-Stars and several deluxe resorts. Our favorite (and not THAT much more expensive than a moderate) is probably AKL. The theming is amazing and you get to live a few feet from giraffes...GIRAFFES!!!

SAnderson70769
02-17-2008, 01:07 AM
Well I've stayed at the following:

Value: Pop Century, All Star Movies
Moderate: Caribbean Beach, POFQ
Deluxe: WDW Swan & Dolphin, Contemporary, Boardwalk, Wilderness Lodge

With that said, I'll have to be honest. When staying for a work conference, of course I've enjoyed the deluxe resorts. However for my family, we really spend very little time at our resort so I just dont think the deluxes are really worth the money. POFQ is by far our favorite moderate just because of its small size, quiet atmosphere, and buildings close to the parking lots.

For Value, we LOVE Pop Century. Such an inexpensive clean hotel that still gives you that on-property advantage!

DisneyorBust
02-17-2008, 02:44 PM
We absolutely love the POLY! Easily our favorite resort, we are giving to give Carribean Beach resort a try this fall.

princessjojo
02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
My favorite has got to be the Poly. But I've never gotten to stay there. Of the places we have stayed though, I think POR has been my favorite, but we're staying at SSR this spring in a 2br.

incredimellos
02-17-2008, 02:58 PM
We have always stayed at POR. It IS our fav.Last Nov we tried the FQ we liked it but I noticed the beds seemed a little smaller and the bathroom was too. You can't beat the area though. We had the courtyard right outside our door. It wasn't loud and it was great for the boys to toss around the football. The river was right there also. It was beautiful! We got my in-laws hooked. They said they will go nowhere else but FQ. Next time we are going back to POR. Alligator bayou all the way!!!!:number1:
Dixie Landings 1994
All Star Movies 2001
POR 2002
POR 2003
POR 2005
POFQ 2007

TheMartellFamily
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
We love POP. What I do think though is that in the future since our boys are getting bigger we wil need to move into a different hotel. We have also spent alot of nights at Ft. Wilderness. Any place is a good place while staying at the resorts at WDW.

GrmGrninGost
02-17-2008, 03:10 PM
We have stayed at many different ones over the years. My favorite is Wilderness Lodge. I can say however, I've never stayed at a WDW resort that we did not enjoy! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 04:31 PM
Us too .... POR AB and none other !!!!!!:party:

SBETigg
02-17-2008, 04:54 PM
The Grand Floridian is it for us. It's hard to stay anywhere else, though our kids prefer the Polynesian so we alternate. We love the relaxed elegance, the proximity of the MK, the pools, lobby shops, restaurants- everything. And it's a sentimental favorite, because we honeymooned there.

DakotaDisney
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I have only stayed at one Disney Resort and looking at the other it is my favorite! It will be hard to beat in my mind.

My favorite is AKL!!!:mickey:

On my next trip I hope to stay at AKL again and I am also going to do a spilt stay at POP to save some money.

rj
02-17-2008, 07:21 PM
We have stayed at Port Orleans a couple of times as well as others.

We love he Poly, WL, & BC. After staying at those it is tough to go back to Port Orleans, but if I had to go to a moderate I think it would be Port Orleans - FQ.