PDA

View Full Version : Stay The Same?

elmjimmlm
02-16-2008, 02:24 PM
Do you stay at the same resort every year?
Do you like to try new places?
We stay at POR every year...We just cant find ourselves booking another resort...

PhilHarHarMagic
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
We've ended staying at the same places over the last few times we've been there.

When we can afford it, we've stayed at WL, otherwise we've pretty much settled on POP - in my mind it is the best value in Orlando (taking everything into consideration).

In 28 days I'll be there!!!

Goofeygal
02-16-2008, 03:28 PM
We try to stay at different places. It is so much fun experiencing different resorts.

laughingplace<3
02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
We try to stay at different resorts, as you can see my my signature. We have a bunch more to stay at that interest us! However, our hearts belong to Beach Club. :cloud9: We haven't stayed there in awhile unfortunatley, so it looks like not the next trip but the one after we will be staying there. :D Next trip is Poly or Wilderness.

MNNHFLTX
02-16-2008, 05:20 PM
We tend to try out different resorts, although we do occasionally go back and stay at a favorite.

Septbride2002
02-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Our next trip will be our first repeat visit to a resort - and that is because it is our home resort for DVC. Up until now we've always stayed at different places. In truth though I still end up visiting my past resorts. We always go by Animal Kingdom lodge because we like their food court and Boma, we end up at the Poly to watch fireworks or to eat at Kona. The French Quarter - we'll swing by for a late breakfast - but not often.

If you like your resort a lot - I see no reason to change unless you are wanting to shake up your vacation. :)

~Amanda

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Obviously, we've tried a few, but our selections mainly have been for necessity & price (when we know we won't be at the resort except to sleep we've stay at a Value). I'd love to try a Deluxe when we finally get out of these "college" years we've just begun. It's been fun, with the kids especially to try out new ones! PO has been our favorite so far! For us, it's kind of like going to a new Park for the first time. We're not ones that make the time to visit other resorts, so it's our way of seeing them.

McGoofy
02-16-2008, 06:54 PM
My DH laughs at me because every time we stay somewhere I always say "that's my new favorite resort!" We like to change it up and check out new places. Also, we go wherever the annual passholder discounts take us.

AwPhooey
02-16-2008, 06:59 PM
I try to stay at a different hotel each trip, but it really all comes down to finances. I like to go for seven days, so if I can't afford a moderate for that length of stay, I'll go with a value.

SAnderson70769
02-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I have loved trying the different resorts and have been fortunate enough to attend many vacations at WDW but also many work related conferences, so that way I got to try many different resorts. Our bottom line has become to stay at POP or POFQ just because of the value you get in the value and moderate resorts because we spend little time actually using our resort except to sleep!

marutzw
02-17-2008, 07:04 AM
We have stayed at most of the resorts. We wanted to book POFQ for april but it was booked up. We love Riverside, it is so beautiful just to walk around. FQ is smaller and it looked like it would not be so far to walk around. We had a ceasar salad in the food court at FQ and it was the bestI have ever had.

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm sure they are all nice in their own ways, but I have found the one I really like and don't see changing anytime soon. Why try to "fix something, when it's not broke"? Money wise we first chose this resort and have stayed there ever since....it's sorta like our home away from home.....:mickey:

divinedi
02-17-2008, 10:09 AM
We have stayed at ASSports all but 2 times, then it was the CR, but the kids like to go back to the Sports because that to them 'feels' like Disney, go figure. I sort of too, it's familiar, we know where everything is etc. etc., it's time they started refurbishing it mind you, it's getting a bit run down, but it's still home to us! If I came into some money at some time and could afford the Deluxe's, I would certainly try them out though!!

GrmGrninGost
02-17-2008, 03:12 PM
We like to move around. I would like to try them all eventually! Then, I might settle into one. My favorite so far is Wilderness Lodge. :mickey:

DisneyCrazyET
02-17-2008, 05:49 PM
Our favorite is POR, we haved stayed there several times. We have also stayed at POP, POFQ, & FtW.
We will be staying at WL and POR for our May trip.