PDA

View Full Version : Rules and age restrictions for deluxe resort pool slides?????

ldc12377
02-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Is there an age limit or minimum on the slides at the deluxe resort pools? Are adults allowed? Can a young kid ride on the lap of a parent or is that not allowed? Are the slides even big enough for something like that? If my oldest two (DS9 & DD7) go on the slide then I'm sure that my youngest (DS2) will want to if he can;however, he isn't old enough to go by himself. He would have to ride with me or something.

Catzle
02-16-2008, 01:17 PM
No, Kids cannot ride down with you. It's single rider only. The life guards will tell you nicely if you try. There are free life jackets though for the young ones and you can stand at the bottom when they come down and catch them.
WL lodge is great for the real young ones the Poly due to the fact you are in the dark a little while is a little bit scarier. Adults can go down and do a lot, the slides are a lot of fun.

Jillirose
02-16-2008, 02:14 PM
At the Beach Club, there is a small slide on the backside of the pool, where younger kids can practice before they hit the big one. I'm sure the other pools are similar.

Our kids just liked watching the big slide for awhile, and seeing all the kids come down. Also, you can wait at the bottom and catch them if they are not a confident swimmer.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-16-2008, 03:12 PM
At the WL I did not see a height or age limit.Yes adults can go down. If you have younger children you might want to catch them at the bottom its probably 5 foot deep there.

Ariel_Fan
02-18-2008, 08:38 AM
I love this post. I was getting ready to ask the same questions. My dd was 5 the last time we were at POR and she was too chicken. I'm hoping she goes donw lots this time!!!