PDA

View Full Version : POP - preferred bldg or not

Janet89
02-16-2008, 10:35 AM
OK, this question has probably been asked a million times, but . . . . . here goes. Should I book preferred location? Tell me why? I really don't want to face the main pool due to noise level. (light sleeper here :secret:)

It does look like some of the locations are FAR away from the main areas. We are in decent shape, though, so walking may not be a big issue.

I've read here that some of the bldgs. have a view of Illuminations? Which ones? This might be something we would request. I do plan on requesting top floor.

I appreciate hearing your experiences!!

DisFan01
02-16-2008, 10:39 AM
We got a preferred room once, and it wasn't even that close to the food court, or the pool.

Maybe that was a rare experience, I don't really know.

I think preferred rooms are near the food court, and have little to do with the pool. But I could be wrong... :thumbsup:

Janet89
02-16-2008, 10:47 AM
I believe the preferred rooms are in the 60's section? I do notice some face the pool and others face the lake/other bldgs.

brogan54
02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
we have stayed twice in non preferred and loved it at pop we stayed in the 90's and our pool was great we never went to the main one at all. we don;t mind walking so it wasnt that far to the food court either. and a short jaunt to the bus stop i would go non preferred:mickey:

Kerry823
02-16-2008, 12:40 PM
I would say no to preferred. We stayed in the 50s and although it was facing the pool, the noise level was not bad. It also was not far from the main building. I will be requesting the 50s again the next trip. I am actually taking my map with me and when I check in, hoping to request a specific room if it is available. I know they can't always accommodate specific requests, but it is worth a try.

Janet89
02-16-2008, 01:40 PM
I was really thinking of requesting top floor, but I read on another board, that ground floors were quieter as far as outside noise (not by the pool). They stated the upper floors were noiser because people HAD to pass by the doors, whereas, on the ground, they took other pathways.
Any experiences?

karenrarintogo
02-16-2008, 04:59 PM
We've stayed at Pop twice. We got a standard room at POP last year and it was fine--the walk to the bus stop was not bad at all--crossing the parking lot. Our standard room gave a view of the computer pool, which we liked. Noice was not a problem; I think we were on the 3rd floor.
Last week we had a preferred room--about 1/2 the distance to the food court and the bus stops. No view to speak of. Noise again not a problem. We were on the 2nd floor.
We liked the preferred room because it was a lot easier to make quick runs for coffee in the am using the refillable mugs (no wait at cashier) as well as bring food back to the room. Summary: Both standard and preferred has their +'s, but we'd go preferred again, I think, next time. (Both times we asked for King bed rooms and got them, which was a real +).

AwPhooey
02-16-2008, 07:07 PM
I've stayed at Pop a couple times and I wouldn't bother with the preferred rooms. To me, they seemed too noisy and, for at least some of them, they didn't seem any closer than the standard rooms.

SAnderson70769
02-17-2008, 01:19 AM
I agree with AwPhooey above - I know the extra cost is not that much but I wouldnt bother with the preferred rooms - I have stayed at Pop Century about 4 times now and always had a standard room - sometimes close to food court sometimes a little longer but it wasnt a big deal to us. Hope that helps!

kaylamag
02-17-2008, 09:06 AM
I liked the preferred room only because it is alot closer to the food court.

Young@Heart
02-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I liked the preferred room only because it is alot closer to the food court.

Same here. :mickey: We had to book 2 rooms for our August trip, and debated not paying the extra for preferred. But in the end, preferred won out. Being close to the food court is a priority to us. Our mugs will cost us over $60 and we want to get a lot of use out of them. And while you can still be close in a non-preferred room, some of them are very far away! I don't want to take my chances. ;)

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-17-2008, 10:43 AM
We stayed in the 50's building on our first trip. We were on the third floor and facing towards Epcot. We were able to see the fire works from Illuminations from our rooms, although there was a much better view when we walked down to one of the bowling pin stair cases.

Being on the outside we found our rooms to be very quiet. It was a bit of a walk to the Food Court, and the buses. This was a little draw back getting coffee in the morning and arriving back from a long day at the parks.

All in All I enjoyed our stay in these rooms. Although the grandparents wouldn't do these again. The extra walk in the morning and night for them was too much. To the kids it didn't matter they were so hyped aywhere was awsome.

Hope this helps.:mickey:

Eeyore's My Favorite
02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
We got a preferred room once, and it wasn't even that close to the food court, or the pool.

Maybe that was a rare experience, I don't really know.

I think preferred rooms are near the food court, and have little to do with the pool. But I could be wrong... :thumbsup:

We paid for a preferred room in September 2007 @ POP & all we got was a room with no view, noisy neighbors, about as far away from the elevator, food court and pool as you could get. Last time we're staying there as POP was about as "Unmagical" as a vacation could have gotten in September. JMHO...........:mickey:

MickeyChick
02-17-2008, 07:55 PM
We paid for preferred and we were on the corner of building 3 in the 50s section on the ground level. It was awesome! Maybe a 50 yard walk to Classic Hall?

Anyway, I scanned a map of the POP and you can see it here. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/purplemommy/PopCenturyMap.jpg)

adoptionislove
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
we got a preferred room in the 60's building and it was GREAT!!!! We were on the 3 rd floor, quiet, away from the elevators and it faced the lake!!!! We loved it!

dudeman1975
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
We got a preferred on the third floor middle. The room was pretty quiet except when you could hear the elvator go ding ding. The view faced where all the houskeeping carts went which looked like a square area. Close to foodcourt which was great for filling up the mugs hundreds of times.

Tink#64
02-19-2008, 12:32 AM
We've always stayed in the 60's section, bldg 4, facing the lake & loved it! This is preferred, but I think a little further walk than some of the other peferreds's. But we've NEVER had any noise & we we've had great views!

Since we are planning to return to Pop this year & I like to try new things, to keep it fresh! I think we're going with "MickeyChick's" 50's section! It sounds close to everything! :thumbsup: