PDA

View Full Version : Pure Magic - Day 4

mjesq
02-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Hollywood Studios Day! 1st stop - Tower of Terror. Some quick background: the guide book I have misstated (or perhaps it has recently changed) the height req for ToT. I had prepped by 4 yr old for the fact that he could not ride it - which of course made him want to ride it desperately. My 7 yr old was kinda hacked off that I was taking the "If brother can't go, maybe no one should" line. BUT! The height req is 40", which he clears just fine, so GAME ON! Two very happy kids (actually 3 if you count DH:secret:)

I waited with them (NO intention on getting on that thing btw) then took the (real) elevator down to wait for them. DD was a bit shaky and not a real fan but DH and DS wanted to go again. DD and I did a bit of shopping (we got Mickey earrings!) then watched the HSM parade/show. The boys just walked back onto ToT and were back with us within 20 minutes. We watched the rest of the show while dd and ds made a total mess with yummy chocolate chip muffins from Starring Rolls.

Star Tours was next - did I mention that I get motion sickness yet?? Tea Cups, Star Tours... yikes!:sick: Plus I lost my sunglasses. I heard them skidding across the floor but didn't think anything of it at the time. Squinted for the next few days... Muppet 3D was fun - not as good as Mickey's Philharmagic - but still good. DH and the kids like Lights Motors Action, but I could've taken it or left it...

Lunch and Play at Hollywood and Vine was really good. My kids might turn into a chicken nugget and mac n cheese but I've decided not to worry about it. Fill up on your chocolate milk now guys ;) JoJo Goliath Leo and June - more autographs!

DH and the kids did Star Tours again while I grabbed our first Fast Passes of the trip for the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. DS and DD were picked as "First Mates" and got to welcome everyone to the show. They each got a Magical Moment certificate too - they were so proud!

We went early to our ressies at Mama Melrose and got seated right away. Our waitress was from Beijing China (holy cow!) Service was pretty good, food was excellent.

We got standing room only seats for Fantasmic - next time I would definitely do the reserved seats with the dining reservations but the show was still fabulous. DD of course had to go potty just as it was ending (poor thing was trying SO hard to hold it!) Kinda helped us beat the crowds on the way out though and we saw the whole show.

We rented a stroller again and, again, it was a great choice for us. Never thought my 7 yr old would need or even ride in one!

One more thing to note from this day - the Indiana Jones ride was down bc there was a HS dance competition being held there. Park was teeming with teenage girls and their families! This is also around the time that the ENTIRE state of Louisiana showed up as well. Couldn't go 2 feet without seeing some LSU gear! Eveyone was so nice, though, and the parks still were reletively uncrowded.

Bus ride "home" took about 11 minutes... nice.
After such a long day, the extra comfy bed at the room felt wonderful :cloud9:

RedheadWriter
02-16-2008, 06:13 AM
You guys did :) so much! How great!

Darbylew
02-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Sounded like a perfect day made me wish I was
there. Glad you all are having such a great time. :thumbsup::mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK ON
MARCH 31 FOR A WEEK. :D

pdrlkr
02-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
02-17-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks for shairng.

AbeeNormal
02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
What a great day. :D

Your trip reports are so fun, thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 07:55 AM
LOL at the TOT experience. In 2006, my DH and I sat on a bench watching TOT for TWO HOURS before we worked up the nerve to go on it! We finally both went on it. We both enjoyed it but we didn't go a 2nd time!

Thanks for the reports!

BelleCiavo
02-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Glad you got to see Fantasmic, we love that show and yes, the dinner package is great. Next time you should try TOT just one time, it's fun. :mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
It seems that you picked the perfect week to be at WDW as far as the lines are concerned. Your family is really touring great and getting so much done. Thanks for reporting. :mickey:

SgtTigger
02-18-2008, 05:18 PM
This is also around the time that the ENTIRE state of Louisiana showed up as well.

Nope I was still here in Louisiana..........

Thanks for the report.

It sure does sound like you are having a great trip. Glad things are going great and the kids are doing fine.......

I cant to read more.......

:cop: :tigger:

dolphinmickey9170
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the great report. I love ToT, but my DH takes the "motion sickness" elevator too. :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-20-2008, 05:31 PM
:) My coworker was there the same time you were, he said the same thing about everyone from Louisiana being there in their LSU shirts....probably everyone from Louisiana either escapes to the world during Mardi Gras or comes right after its over....except for the one La. intercotee who got stuck at home....bummer

faline
02-23-2008, 03:29 PM
Another very nice day - even though you lost your glasses! (Did you ever go to lost and found to see if anyone had turned them in?)