PDA

View Full Version : Pure Magic - Day 3

mjesq
02-15-2008, 11:39 PM
EPCOT day! Took the non-traditional route to get there... Boat to MK - monorail to TTC - Monorail to Epcot. Took a leisurely 1/2 hour in all (compared to the 11 minutes on the way back on the bus) but the kids loved the ride!

FIRST order of the day - Soarin'. Through the gates and right to the ride! Stood in line maybe 10minutes. One thing to note, though... they save that sign, you know the one that says "HEY if you're afraid of heights or get motion sickness maybe you shouldn't ride this one" for the end of the line! We were heading for the "pre-boarding area" when I read it and had a panic attack!

SO, here I am - 40 year old mom - sitting between my 4 yr old and someone elses 10 yr old kid. My boy is sitting cross legged on the deat, all comfy-cozy. I'm holding on for dear life, white knuckles on the arm rests, eyes shut tight, as we lift off. I'm sure I was quite a sight :blush: I shook for 10 minutes afterward too....

OK that said - I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Once I convinced my brain that it's just a movie, I was able to relax a bit. It was so incredible! The smell of the pines and the oranges... so very very cool!

Next was Nemo (not quite as heart pounding ;)) and Turtle Talk with Crush. My DD was the first kid that Crush talked to and it made her trip! She was SO thrilled :cloud9:

This day we ate lunch on time! The Electric Umbrella was easy and good. We saw Honey I Shrunk the Audience next. The kids loved it even without ever seeing the movies.

The Visa meet n greet was at 1:30 and we were 2nd in line! Imagine the kids faces when we went behind the curtain and Mickey, Minnie and Goofy were there:joy:

Writing this I am amazed that we did all this and it was only about 1:45pm! It was about this point where DH suggested renting a stroller. Genius idea!!! The rest of the day went SO much better. It was also A LOT easier than I had envisioned it to be, but maybe that's because the parks were not very crowded????

With the kids secured in the stroller, we headed for the World Showcase. We had a couple of hours to kill before our reservations at La Cellier. Mexico was first (3 Cabelleros are one of my kids favorites - it's nice that we have tons of older Disney movies that they have seen). Maelstrom was pretty cool, too.

We saw Mulan in China. Just as we got close she was joined by Mushu! Bonus! Got a cute photo of Mulan kissing DS. We caught up with Snow White in Germany too.

To round out the Showcase, we saw the Jammitors, Mo' Rockin' and Off-Kilter (great show!) We also watched a very funny street performance in the UK.

After a wonderful dinner at La Cellier, we decided that the kids had had enough. I'm sure Illuminations is great but it just wasn't worth it to push the kids too far. We jumped on the first bus, which was almost empty and headed back to the resort. We were in our room in about 20 minutes and, you guessed it - watched the fireworks from our room :fworks:

RedheadWriter
02-16-2008, 06:10 AM
You wrote:
holding on for dear life, white knuckles on the arm rests, eyes shut tight, as we lift off

Are you sure this isn't my own mother writing this? LOL....:cool:she does this too!!! Sweaty palms and all!
What a jam packed day!:mickey:

pdrlkr
02-16-2008, 05:52 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
02-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Thanks for Sharng.

AbeeNormal
02-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Wow..... you guys got a lot in today.

I bet the look on your kids face where priceless when they saw Mickey and the Gang.

:mickey3::minnie: I love that part of Disney the most.

I think you were smart to go back to the room when you did, kids get exhausted even when they're in a stroller. :thumbsup:

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 07:51 AM
I love how you aren't having to wait a long time for things. The stroller was a great idea, especially for Epcot!

BelleCiavo
02-18-2008, 09:21 AM
A 1/2 hour is not bad at all when using Disney transportation. I hope you don't mind that I was giggling at your reaction to Soarin'. :haha: Another great day, thanks for sharing it.

ChipnDaleGal
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, I would call that a practically perfect day at Epcot for your family. Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

SgtTigger
02-18-2008, 05:12 PM
That was great............ what a day..... And you got to see Off Kilter..... I love that group...

Sounds like you are having a great time......

Cant wait to read more.......

:cop: :tigger:

dolphinmickey9170
02-20-2008, 01:57 PM
We love Off-Kilter too!! They are awesome. We take an odd trip to DHS. We will start at MK, take monorail to Epcot, then take the boat to the studios. Kind of fun when you aren't in a rush to get somewhere. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

faline
02-22-2008, 01:55 PM
What a totatlly terrific day you had!