PDA

View Full Version : Just Us: PART 6- SHOPPING, TRANSPORTATION, CROWDS, & yes…BATHROOMS

RoosMomKanga
02-15-2008, 11:19 PM
PART 6- SHOPPING, TRANSPORTATION, CROWDS, & yes…BATHROOMS

SHOPPING (See more details under each of the Parks & DtD)
• Souvenirs
o Difficult to find anything neat, even in T-shirts. Lots of the same stuff everywhere.
o Mouse Ears- FYI Saw many different kinds and the traditional ones lots of places.

o Diecast Attraction Vehicles
 Only saw Buzz Lightyear Ride Vehicle and the Monorail. Didn’t even find a 2008 Transportation Bus.

o Monorail Set & Accessories
 Did ship a large Castle Playset home- $69. + 14.95 s/h, no tax (thanks for the info. CaptainJessicaSparrow)
 Saw: Tree of Life Playset, Reg. Monorail, and Monorail with figures and opening doors, Straight Track. A CM told us they also usually have the Contemporary Resort, but they were out of them.

o Ornaments
 In my delirious haze our first night I missed the Christmas Store at DtD. I then had a hard time the rest of the trip finding a 2008 ornament. I bought a 2008 keychain $4.50 + tax at POFQ (they didn’t have the orn. and I thought I could make this into one). I ended up finding the 2008 ball ornament $12.00 + tax on my way home at the Orlando Airport Magic of Disney store.

o France Music
 My DH loves to music and movie in France. I looked at the stores there and nothing. I found a park music CD $24.98 + tax (also at the airport store) which has music from MK and EC on it, including “Impressions de France”…keep your fingers crossed that it’s the right selection.

TRANSPORTATION
• MK to EC: With the advent of security lines at the parks, I messed up once. We were leaving MK and in my rush we passed through the security gates. I found myself on the wrong side of the gates to get on the Monorail to the TTC (then to EC). The monorail to the Resort IS outside the security gates, but the TTC one is inside, just take a hard right after you walk under the train station. Not a big problem for us as it was mid-day and no one was in the security line, so it only took a minute to check our bag again, but I would have been steamed at myself if I had to wait through a long security line again.

• DHS to EC/BW: Very easy to see the boat launch on your left as you exit the DHS. This boat is totally enclosed. It makes 4 stops in this order: Swan/Dolphin, Yacht & Beach Club, Boardwalk, EC. See my tip for the walking shortcut to BW from Swan/Dolphin Stop under my BW section.

• POFQ
 Bus-We loved that FQ was always the first stop of all the PO bus stops (POR is next and there are several stops there). All very nice when you’re anxious to get home at night. On the flip side, in the am FQ gets picked up first (so you always get a seat), but allow extra time to get to the parks as the buses always stopped then at POR (just the main bus stop).
 Boat to DTD-The boat picks up POR first then POFQ. Drops POFQ first on return trip. It’s an open boat, so take your jacket if it’s cool. It docks all the way by Rainforest. The other docks by PI and LaNouba-West Side? weren’t in service that we saw.

• Bus driver- we had a great one early our first morning going to MK…he had the kids singing “Wheels on the Bus”.

CROWDS
• Cheerleaders (HS Nationals were through Sun., 10th and free day at the parks on Mon., 11th)
o Ran into several groups of cheerleaders at all the parks and at DtD, but not really that many. We avoided DHS completely on Sun. (our first day at the parks) as that is where the finals were being held.
o The groups we ran into were all well behaved. We only ran into one group that were cheering outside of RnRC (guy lifting girl way up on his hands even…I was surprised the CM’s let this go on for liability reasons). We ran into a few “Moms of Cheerleaders” groups and they were pleasant as well (two of them offered us their front seats on EE…I declined as the 2nd seat was looking good for our first time). So for us, the cheerleader factor was a non-issue.

• Vehicles-
o Wheelchairs- Let me first say that I am giving this information as just that, information. I have two disabled nephews and have great sympathy for those needing assistance. I have never seen so many wheelchairs and scooters on any trip (I’m talking at least double of any other trip and it’s low season this trip). I have to also say that there were HUGE groups in line with some of these (several of the cheerleader groups had one girl in a wheelchair with at least a dozen others accompanying her).
o Double Strollers- We have never seen so many HUGE/WIDE strollers on any trip (there were hardly any single strollers around), and these did become problematic. We have 3 kids and took strollers even when our kids were old enough to walk, so I understand the need. Our problem was the parents driving them! They didn’t pay attention, ran into people, cut people off, even trying to run them through crowds at rope drop to rides. Generally, they just treated everyone else like they should get out of the way of their mammoth stroller! If anything, we always were more cautious and courteous when navigating these through crowds.

• EMH
o I know people are saying to avoid the EMH at parks now as these get really crowded. I can’t tell you what the other parks were like, but this was our experience.

• Resort
o I can confirm that POFQ was sold out (on the day we arrived at least- Sat. 2/9).
o The resort didn’t seem very busy to us. Never had to wait for a “second” bus or boat. We did get to the parks 15 min. before opening, and this trip we decided to leave before the crowds- before closing (so I’m sure the buses had lines at closing). The lobby wasn’t crowded (10 min. wait to check in). The food court was never crowded in the mornings (we were eating at 7am when breakfast opened). I’m sure the resort was sold out- but I don’t know where everyone was. It seemed very quiet and peaceful to us!

BATHROOMS
• I’m embarrassed to admit my DH kept teasing me that I could write a “Bathrooms of WDW” Blog. I know where all the best ones, and some of the “Hidden” ones are.
• I’m pushing 50, I’ve had 3 children, I drink too much coffee, and I, considerately I think, worry about the riders under me on Soarin’.

dolphinmickey9170
02-16-2008, 12:04 AM
Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
02-16-2008, 06:37 AM
You wrote: BATHROOMS
• I’m embarrassed to admit my DH kept teasing me that I could write a “Bathrooms of WDW” Blog. I know where all the best ones, and some of the “Hidden” ones are.
• I’m pushing 50, I’ve had 3 children, I drink too much coffee, and I, considerately I think, worry about the riders under me on Soarin’.

I too can write a book. I use the same stalls in the same places each trip. I have my favorites. I am 32, drink too much coffee and am on blood pressure meds LOL.....yep, I know the bathrroms well. It is a joke between my mother and I! :blush:

Cindy'smom
02-16-2008, 08:19 AM
"BATHROOMS
• I’m pushing 50, I’ve had 3 children, I drink too much coffee, and I, considerately I think, worry about the riders under me on Soarin’"

:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

So.....where are the best ones, the hidden ones, and the bathroom tips and secrets? We want (need) to know!:mickey:

Jeff
02-16-2008, 08:34 AM
Great report/info. Thanks:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

Bethis26fan
02-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Thanks for sharing.

RoosMomKanga
02-17-2008, 04:06 PM
So.....where are the best ones, the hidden ones, and the bathroom tips and secrets? We want (need) to know!:mickey:

Sorry...thought I posted this earlier...:badpc::surf: (I must need more coffee...and then...a bathroom!)

Follow me to THEME PARKS for a new "Bathrooms Around WDW" post...

January-2007
02-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Bathrooms... Yes, I too could write a book. Especially about the different sinks... But anyway.... Thanks for another great trip report! :mickey:

faline
02-21-2008, 06:38 PM
Glad you were able to find the ornament you wanted!

jillluvsdisney
02-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Do a Google search for Impressions de France Epcot and you should find a site that lets you download the music. I did this and now have it in my IPOD. Sorry I can't remember the exact web site. Good luck! It is great music.

DisneyorBust
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Great trip info! Thanks!