PDA

View Full Version : Food Court areas at Deluxe resorts????????

ldc12377
02-15-2008, 10:01 PM
This may be a very stupid question but I had a teacher once tell me that there is no such thing as a stupid question so I'm going to test her theory.:blush:

We are thinking about staying at a Deluxe resort on our next trip if we go. With our tax rebate and our "economy stimulus check" , we just might have enough money to splurge a little on this trip. We have only stayed at the values and one thing we really like about the values is the way the food courts are set up. Here's the question: Do the deluxes have food court type areas? If we get the refillable mugs, where do you fill them up if there isn't a food court area? The deluxes we are looking at are BC, Poly, CR, or SSR. Any info. on this topic would be great. At the values, I usually go and get breakfast while everyone else is getting ready. We have three kids (9,7, and 2) so letting them eat in the room is always better that way if the little one gets finished before anyone else then he can run around and play...or if anyone spills food on themselves (that is usually me:secret:) then we can change before we even leave for the parks.
Like I said better, ANY info about the stuff would be SOOOO helpful in making our decision about trying one of these resorts.

Jeff
02-15-2008, 10:06 PM
No food courts at the Deluxe resorts. They do have counter service / cafeteria type places though that have quite a few choices. Maybe not as many as a food court but still good. Kind of the same, grab a tray and order system - just smaller.

For example, check out the menu from Captain Cooks (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/resorts/captaincooks.asp) at the Poly from Info Central. The menu is just for the stuff they will cook for you from the "grill". They also have coolers where you can select, drinks, fruit, salads and shelves with selections like donuts, ceral, chips, etc..... The refillable mugs can be filled there with the usual pop, coffee, etc....

ldc12377
02-16-2008, 07:55 AM
Thank you Jeff for the quick response.

By the way everybody..I just saw the typo in my title...:blush: I meant to have it say "Food court areas in Deluxe resorts???????"
I was posting this late last night while I was waiting for my youngest to go to sleep. I guess I should have looked a little closer.

BelleCiavo
02-16-2008, 08:33 AM
I love the Poly's quick service restaurant Captain Cooks. :cloud9: Very convenient. I wasn't as happy at the BC and haven't heard anything good about the Beach Club Marketplace.

WDW24
02-16-2008, 08:45 AM
When I went to the BC in '06, the marketplace was very helpful.

Since the walk from the villas to the main building goes into the marketplace, every morning we would have a light breakfast, and it was very convienient.:mickey:

lockedoutlogic
02-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Some of the quick serve areas are very good at deluxes....the Mara at AKL...Roaring Forks at WL...Gasparilla's at the Grand....

all very good

I'm also a big fan of Hurricane Hanna's at Yacht and Beach....which is the quickserve that is located within the pool complex and is typically open in the afternoon

rj
02-16-2008, 08:57 AM
We have stayed at the BC, WL, and the Poly. The best counter service of the three for breakfast is Captain Cooks at the Poly. We were there last week.

You can get a refillable mug and some good quick service meals for breakfast.

The others have refillable mugs also.

You can't go wrong with either of the three above, but if I had to pick one, I think I would go with the Poly because of the monorails to MK and Epcot.

ldc12377
02-16-2008, 09:05 AM
Thank you for editing my title.:D I didn't know that could be done!!!

Here we go again...
02-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Yes, but the food is limited. I like the choices at the value and moderate food courts. We have actually gone to some of them to make or CS a little more enjoyable than the basic burger and fries when on the dining plan.

You can also get the mugs but they seem to close the drink area a little earlier also... I think they close at 11pm and value and moderates are open until midnight. That extra hour sure comes in handy on a lot of nights!

DreamFinder2
02-17-2008, 12:53 PM
The food courts at Values are definitely more like the ones you'd find in a mall...with several different genres of food. The counter service restaurants at AKL, WL, CR, etc. are more like a "fancy" fast-food restaurant. You can get sandwich/fries, pre-made salad, fruit, yogurt, bottled water and chips/snacks.

We generally eat at a counter service place at least once when we stay (see my signature for resorts) and have never been disappointed...you have to bus tables yourself and stuff, but it's OK.

jpH/keD
02-17-2008, 04:19 PM
We have only stayed at the values so far also. BUT our next trip will be to stay at a resort w/ monorail transportation options since the busses and I do not seem to get along!:secret: BUT....onto your topic. I don't know how much research you like to do but I do TONS. On the disneyworld website they have pics of all the areas of each resort. These have given me more info than you can imagine. Happy planning and research! :thumbsup:

vamaggie
02-17-2008, 04:57 PM
You can also get the mugs but they seem to close the drink area a little earlier also... I think they close at 11pm and value and moderates are open until midnight. That extra hour sure comes in handy on a lot of nights!

I believe that Captain COoks is open 24 hours. We really liked this when we stayed there in Nov.