PDA

View Full Version : Close to our Anniversary and dinner at hotels?

Mom2Boys
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Okay had a question about going to DW few weeks after our 10th Anniversary. We wanted to go the week of April 20-27th. That way it would be the 25th at the hotels and parks. We are going with grandparents so that date did not work. We now going May 5-10th. I would love to still go and do Anniversary type things. My question is if we do dinner things one night and say it is for our Anniversary dinner and they play it up have fun things for us at the hotel that day and night. IS it weird to say oh yes our 10th was 2 weeks ago but thanks. Do people do this all the time. Have a Feb. 2 Anniversary and go Feb. 15th and tell Disney to celebrate it?

#2 question where is a good hotel place to go for the 2 of us for that type of dinner. Kids will be grandparents.
Thanks!
Paige

Jimenyfan
02-15-2008, 08:32 PM
DH & I are going to Disney to celebrate our 20th anniversary from March 1-March 5, our actual Anniversary isn't until March 19. This was the time that worked the best for us and when our in-laws could come and stay with our kids. I don't think its odd to celebrate on the day thats not the actual day, now if there was a 6 month difference I would find that strange. DH and I will be having dinner at the California Grill on March 2 to celebrate our Anniversary. We also celebrated our 15th anniversary with dinner there and it was wonderful.

baby minnie's mommy
02-15-2008, 10:09 PM
The point is that you were originally going to celebrate at Disney. Needing to move your travel dates happens - don't let it keep you from celebrating and telling others of your happy day! You have to take a vacation at a time that best suits you. Anniversaries and birthdays don't always come at the best times to travel! :)

Mostly what you get from castmembers are small things, like a small free dessert, or a card, or a song, etc. What you yourself do to celebrate is the big part - Disney will just try to add a little extra to it when they can.

To Mom2boys and to Jimenyfan:

:congrats:

Happy Anniversary!

TexasPrincessAurora
02-15-2008, 10:12 PM
My suggestion of special dining places in the resort hotels...

Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge
Narcoosee's at Grand Floridian
Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge

Mom2Boys
02-15-2008, 10:55 PM
Thank you so much for your info on dates and places to go! I knew you all would know! :mickey:
Paige

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 01:36 PM
We just returned from celebrating our 25th and our actual Anniversary is April 23. We wore the A. Buttons and got lots of well wishes (nothing special at meals, but we didn't do a super fancy one).

Happy Anniversary!:party: