PDA

View Full Version : Feb 8-15, Great Time, But Lessons Learned

bshaw96
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
DH and I just got back from our 1st ever adult only trip. It was great!!!! Also our 1st non summer trip! Here is what we've learned

1) Always stay onsite- We stayed offsite trying to save some money- it was OK, but so not the Disney experience we've gotten used to

2) Park Hopper- Always get these. We didn't b/c we thought with the shorter hours we wouldn't do a lot of hopping, but it would've been nice to have the option to hop over to another park if only for their fireworks/shows

3) Go in February- Oh man, we loved it! Never again will we sweat through a summer trip. It was gorgeous! 70's in the day, 50's at night. We'll chance a colder trip and take the kids out of school from now on, it was awesome!!!!!!!

Even though we didn't stay onsite, we got to do some resort hopping. That was really neat, got some great ideas for our next stay. We really loved AKL. We got Dream Fast Passes at Hollywood Studios, but wished we'd have gotten them the day before at MK :mickey: But it was neat to win them anyway! I'll post more later, but wanted to give a quick report!

karenrarintogo
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
We agree! DH and I also did our first "winter" trip to WDW-(Feb. 7-12 special package) We received a preferred King room at POP Century--a nice surprise that we got a king room at all, since we arrived around 7:30 at night. It also had a fridg--another nice touch and a walk in shower, so lots of room there. (It was a disabled-friendly room--must not have been requested by a disabled person). We loved having a preferred room as we were close to the food court and easy to refill our refillable mugs and bring breakfast back to the room to eat. We've only gotten standard rooms before. Rooms were quiet. Lots of cheerleaders noticed in the parks while we were there, but none were roomed around us.
We LOVED the 70 degree weather. NO sweating, no love bugs, no rain--what could be better? Just had to have a hoodie when the temp dipped into the lower 60's. Longest we ever waited for a bus was 10 min.
Crowds were very manageable, except on the weekend (2/9-2/10) when it seemed pretty busy. A real plus was EMH at MK on 2/10 until 2 AM. Nice that there were such extended hours so early in February.
We loved going in Feb. LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT FEB!:heart::heart:

Bethis26fan
02-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Glad you won! Thanks for sharing.

AbeeNormal
02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Congratulations on winning something from the Dream Team. I can't wait to hear more about your trip. :thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-15-2008, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
02-15-2008, 11:29 PM
I love my January Winter trips! Glad you had a great time!

faline
02-17-2008, 04:10 PM
What a great time! I also prefer staying on-site!

#1donaldfan
02-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Good report....we too like staying on site...it'll be awhile before we go adult only....I can't imagine going without kids....??????

bshaw96
02-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Good report....we too like staying on site...it'll be awhile before we go adult only....I can't imagine going without kids....??????

Yep, that was another lesson learned ;) My dd is 9 and has been to WDW 4 times, my ds is 6 and has been twice (3 if you count when I was pregnant :)) So we decided to do an adult only trip for my bday/valentine's day. While it was fun, we learned that we should have done our adult only trip BEFORE having them, or after they're grown, lol. All I could do was think about them. How much dd would've liked the high school musical parade, how much ds liked the tower of terror last visit, etc. etc. We definitely will not be going without them again until they're grown with kids of their own, and then we'll probably be inviting them to bring the grandkids along!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I can't wait to hear more!

vizsla
02-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the report.

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the thoughts. I agree with you about the on-site. I've never stayed off-site and I don't want to!

January-2007
02-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
02-18-2008, 07:21 PM
Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
02-19-2008, 05:00 PM
I think it would be fabulous to go during February and miss all that summer heat and humidity. Sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing. :mickey:

princessgirls
02-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the report!

It sounds like a fabulous trip!

Julie:mickey:

Vinny
02-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip report. Glad to see that you enjoyed your trip to WDW. My father and I took our annual trip during the exact same time. I agree, the weather worked out great, much better than during summer.