PDA

View Full Version : One Night stay

N.W.Girl
02-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Unfortunately I am just passing thru and do not have time to go to the Parks :pout: but i need a hotel for a night and dont see why i shouldnt stay at a Disney Resort. (Im STRESSED and I need some :magic: )
I have a couple hrs. in the afternoon to take a swim and a couple hrs. for dinner.
SO...I would like a moderate to deluxe.
I would like a "quite" pool to just relax by and take a dip to cool off in. Then I'd like to go Downtown to Earl of Sandwich for dinner.
I would like to see if I can see fireworks :fworks: or Electrical Water Pageant from a beach at one of the resorts Ive heard so much about. ( not stay there just go there for the viewing) Not sure the time and if it fits my schedule.
Im thinking the CSR.
My thought is if I dont have alot of time I probably shouldnt spend the bucks at a duluxe.
What do you all think? :unsure:
Oh and one more thing. When I looked up a room for one night they raised the price as aposed to 2 nights. mmmm:confused:

DCDisney
02-15-2008, 04:32 PM
It sounds like POFQ or POR might be the right blend of mid-range cost, with convenience of getting to DTD and "Earl" for dinner, as well as a location with a pool that is close to all of the buildings, so it would be easy for relaxing and a quick dip. If you'll have a car, then it won't be too difficult to drive to GF or Poly for a viewing of the electric water pageant.

I don't blame you for trying to sqeeze a taste of Disney into an otherwise hectic trip to the area.

I went for a week for work one time, and added on a Fri. and Sat. night stay at the end of the week, for my well-deserved rest time ... only problem... that was when Hurricane Charley decided to blow through ! At least I spent the hurricane with The Mouse !

#1donaldfan
02-15-2008, 04:45 PM
I was initally thinking of POR, but since you want to view the water pagent, I'm not sure since you don't really want to do a deluxe. I would just do POR, they have 5 quiet pools and I think for one day / night, you may have a very good time. Plenty of magic there, at least for us....that place "just does it for me"....plus you can grab a boat to DtD for some shopping....???? have fun !!!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 05:44 PM
Prices vary depending on the day now, so that could be why there's a different price for one day vs another. You might check into Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge for a night, the less expensive deluxes, though a moderate would probably suit your needs and be less expensive. The WL does have a boat to the MK, where you could catch the monorail or boats to other resorts in the area even if not entering the park. Also, the Electric Water Pageant does a show at the WL.

But if you want to hit Downtown Disney and Earl of Sandwich, too, I agree that POFQ or POR would be a great choice.

moe513
02-15-2008, 06:35 PM
If you stay at the Poly you will have a great view of the castle and the beach to watch the electric light parade. Also, Ohanas is a great place to eat.

RoosMomKanga
02-16-2008, 01:44 PM
It sounds like POFQ or POR might be the right blend of mid-range cost, with convenience of getting to DTD and "Earl" for dinner, as well as a location with a pool that is close to all of the buildings, so it would be easy for relaxing and a quick dip.

Not sure when you're leaving, but we just returned from POFQ and the main pool is closed. I would also recommend POR (A.B. section-very tropical and relaxing and has lots of small pools as well as the main one). The boat ride to DtD is relaxing and like a ride itself. When we returned on the boat to POFQ from DtD last Sat. the fireworks were going off at EC and you could see some of them. We also ate at the Earl (see my trip reports "Just Us"). Have fun!:mickey:

N.W.Girl
03-03-2008, 03:52 PM
I pulled a muscle in my leg and have been out of work for a week so there goes the Deluxe. Thanks for the tip about the pool being closed at POFQ ....so POR it is!
:thanks: