PDA

View Full Version : Where to meet the Country Bears?

Hayden's Dad
02-15-2008, 02:19 PM
Hey guys,
Last time we went my DW really wanted to meet Mary Poppins and you all came through with shinning colors and we met her three times and one of those was even with Bert.
This time we want to meet the Country Bears. I have seen pictures of Big Al, Shaker, and Liver Lips, but we have never seen them. Where and when do you suggest. We will begoing down in the middle of May during the flower and garden festival.

Also we would really like to meet Bre'er Fox, Bear and Rabbit (I know Bre're Rabbit is really rare)

Thanks guys

DisneyFreak1313
02-15-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi there,

I have met the Country Bears, but I have not seen them in a long while out and about....Are you going to a P&P Party? Sometimes they can make appearances there.........I have also seen them in AK or randomly by their ride in MK.

As for the Br'er's I have met them on Main St in MK before, but the most common place I have found them is back by their ride in Frontierland....they are usually off to the side, only ever met Fox in DL not in WDW though.

Hope this helps!

Stitch,esq
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Last time I went to WDW was in Sept. 06 and I just happened to run into a street show in front of the Country Bears pavillion where there was a country-line dancing type show and the country bears were participating. They choose people from the audience and dance with them, that's the one time I was able to have a picture taken with Big Al. You might want to find out if they are still doing this. I think it was an hour or two before the afternoon parade. Also, there is an ugly looking country bear (not really sure what his name is) who is available by the train at toontown at certain times in the day.

milhouse
02-15-2008, 04:38 PM
I saw the bears along w/ brear rabbit and brear bear in the street dance show in Frontierland last summer. It was probably about 4:30 in front of Liberty Tree Tavern.

Disneyatic
02-15-2008, 04:59 PM
In September we saw Brer Bear and Brer Fox across from POTC and also in Frontierland right by the Country Bear Jamboree.

FirsttimeJan.07
02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I saw one of the country bears at the teardrop in toontown last week!! Sorry, I don't know which it was...I was running to catch the train!!!

joanna71985
02-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey guys,
Last time we went my DW really wanted to meet Mary Poppins and you all came through with shinning colors and we met her three times and one of those was even with Bert.
This time we want to meet the Country Bears. I have seen pictures of Big Al, Shaker, and Liver Lips, but we have never seen them. Where and when do you suggest. We will begoing down in the middle of May during the flower and garden festival.

Also we would really like to meet Bre'er Fox, Bear and Rabbit (I know Bre're Rabbit is really rare)

Thanks guys

The Country Bears can be hard to find, as they don't have a set meeting spot. They may pop up in AA or Teardrop, but it's hard because you can't guarantee any character there. They do all come out for MVMCP, in Frontierland.

As for the Brers, I don't believe they have a current spot either (they used to meet in Frontierland, but my friend told me they were removed). Brer Bear may come out in the front of AK. As for Brer Rabbit, outside of MJJP, he pretty much does not come out anymore.

joanna71985
02-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Last time I went to WDW was in Sept. 06 and I just happened to run into a street show in front of the Country Bears pavillion where there was a country-line dancing type show and the country bears were participating. They choose people from the audience and dance with them, that's the one time I was able to have a picture taken with Big Al. You might want to find out if they are still doing this. I think it was an hour or two before the afternoon parade. Also, there is an ugly looking country bear (not really sure what his name is) who is available by the train at toontown at certain times in the day.

I saw the bears along w/ brear rabbit and brear bear in the street dance show in Frontierland last summer. It was probably about 4:30 in front of Liberty Tree Tavern.

That would be the Frontierland Hoedown.

rjmdds
02-18-2008, 10:53 AM
I would agree that the Frontierland Hoedown is the best bet. We were able to get pictures with Br'er Rabbit, as well as several Country Bears during the hoedown. No auto's because all of them are dancing around, but they will take a quick pause and take a photo. We stumbled onto it and couldn't believe those characters were part of it. I had never hard much about it.

Hayden's Dad
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys.

Greenlawler
02-18-2008, 01:54 PM
"No auto's because all of them are dancing around"

If the crowd is small I have seen them sign.

Oh and don't forget Wendall!

joanna71985
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
I would agree that the Frontierland Hoedown is the best bet. We were able to get pictures with Br'er Rabbit, as well as several Country Bears during the hoedown. No auto's because all of them are dancing around, but they will take a quick pause and take a photo. We stumbled onto it and couldn't believe those characters were part of it. I had never hard much about it.

Oh it's so much fun, especially when you get picked to dance. I love it!

Hayden's Dad
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
The Hoedown sounds like a lot of fun. Is it random or is it on the time guides with everything else?

joanna71985
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
The Hoedown sounds like a lot of fun. Is it random or is it on the time guides with everything else?

It is usually every day (it's not random), but it is not listed in the time guides.

Check this website (it updates every Sat):
http://pages.prodigy.net/stevesoares/

Hayden's Dad
02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
Thanks Johana that site was great. Very helpful

joanna71985
02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Thanks Johana that site was great. Very helpful

No problem.:)