PDA

View Full Version : Best night time show in parks???

MissT
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
What is you all time favorite night time show in the parks??? Wishes, Fantasmic, Illuminations, Spectro??? What one wouldn't you miss above any other? :mickey:

WriteDisney
02-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Ahh Spectromagic!! I feel like it can't be beaten. For me, my trip hasn't started until I've seen it (and I get choked up every single time!). I absolutely love it! There's nothing like it anywhere... :cloud9:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
02-15-2008, 01:27 PM
Fantasmic! One of the first things I do on my vacations to WDW...try to watch it the first night I arrive! So magical, so wonderful, seeing the dragon at the end followed by the character boat and fireworks and Mickey wrapping up the show...sooooo good!

This is followed closely, however, by SpectroMagic.

Chris :hatter:

MissT
02-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Wishes makes me cry I love it so much.

IloveDisney71
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
#1 - Fantasmic
2 - Wishes
3 - Illuminations
4 - Spectro

I just love Fantasmic!

GrmGrninGost
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
I love them all, but Wishes gets my vote! For me, it is classic Disney! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
#1 Illuminations
#2 Wishes
#3 Spectro
Illuminations ans Wishes are such close votes, Spectro just behind them!
I could take or leave Fantasmic, preferably leave it. It is one show that I just can't get excited about.

WDW24
02-16-2008, 08:22 AM
Oh, I love illuminations! I think it's wonderful. Though I have to say I really think they could do without the giant globe.:ill: Still, I think the lazers and the fireworks are spectacular. And, it's amazing from Rose & Crown!:thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-16-2008, 08:38 AM
What a hard choice.....I chose Fantasmic for the simple reason of your able to find an actual seat!! I love 'em all and really don't want to miss any of them......they are all great in my eyes....

rj
02-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Wow, I thought that Fantasmic would win hands down.

Disney-lovin' Dutchman
02-16-2008, 09:19 AM
My absolute favorite Disney night show and parade in general is (Main Street) Electrical Parade

But the best fireworks show is for me definately Illuminations! :number1:

One of only 2 times I cried (in a big macho man way :D) in WDW, when I saw Illuminations at New Year's Eve in 2003, just an unforgettable magical epic moment

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-16-2008, 11:52 AM
See, now that we expanded to the nighttime shows, we're still missing a lot of key ones.

MSEP
MMM
FITS
EAP
Holiday Wishes
HalloWishes

jszczur5
02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
I voted for Wishes, because you don't really have to be in one specific location to view. Some of our best glimpses of the show were from Splash Mountain. You obviously can't catch the whole show while riding the attractions, but you can ride some of the best attractions, practically by yourself and see some of the fireworks.
Also, I'm not a mushy person, but the storyline kind of chokes me up. Even though our family has been to WDW numerous times, I remember how we felt the first time. I like to imagine how some people feel - who have saved for years and years to experience the magic, and are listening to Jiminy Cricket tell them that wishes really do come true. For some kids, this is what they have wished for their whole lives, and they are finally having their dreams come true.
It makes me feel a little less jaded about the crowds and the prices, and less anxious about the horrendous rush to exit the park mere minutes away.

princessjojo
02-17-2008, 03:03 PM
I always love Wishes. It is a touching show to watch. I love Fantasmic as well because I can sit and watch with no problems. I hate to admit that of all the times we've been, I've never seen Illuminations. Every year we say we're going to, but something happens. I am making a point this year though and finding me a seat, margarita in hand.

Darbylew
02-17-2008, 03:12 PM
I voted for Wishes. We love fireworks and these are the greatest. It is a wonderful way to
end the evening at MK. :magic: :thumbsup:

WDWFREAK101
02-17-2008, 04:12 PM
For fun and awe i would say Fantasmic but for pure magic i would have to say Wishes.

Wishes reminds you what Disney is all about, dreams.

If you find a good spot, it is perfect to watch. My family always go on the top of Astro Orbiter to the top platform and watch it there. Then we ride the attraction. It is so magical.

big blue and hairy
02-17-2008, 06:37 PM
Illuminations is definitely my favorite. DW prefers Wishes.

:sulley:

Meghan
02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
I voted for Wishes. I love all the night time shows, but there's something special for me about Wishes.

crltkcagle
02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
fantasmic is our favorite!:mickey:

CU Tiger
02-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I had to give my vote to Wishes! :number1: It touches me more than the other shows. :mickey:

pdrlkr
02-17-2008, 10:29 PM
It's close but I voted for wishes

RAIDER
02-18-2008, 07:33 AM
I have a soft spot for spectro ..dont know why :confused:

kaerbear178
02-18-2008, 12:41 PM
I went with Illuminations. I like the other shows but there is something about Illuminations music that I just love. I think my next favorite would be Wishes, but it's so hard to distinguish,

Polynesian Dweller
02-18-2008, 02:40 PM
Went with wishes because it doesn't seem to get old for us. We've seen Spectro so many times that it can't bring the same thrill as it did year's earlier. Fantasmic, though a very good show at WDW, was proabaly spoiled a bit for us since we saw the DLR version before the WDW one and the WDW version just isn't quite as magical as the one at DLR for us.

CaptainSad
02-18-2008, 02:41 PM
I love them all. I would say Illuminations/"Let There Be Peace On Earth" version. Wishes/"MNSSHP" & "MVMCP" versions are the best. Fantasmic and Spectro are also great...

laughingplace<3
02-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I love IllumiNations. It's great. However, SpectroMagic got my vote because it is nostalgic and is classic Disney. Fantasmic is great too but not my favorite.

lightyearfan
02-18-2008, 03:05 PM
Spectromagic was the first nightime parade that we saw way back in 95, so for that reason it will always have a special place in mine and dw hearts, but since Fantasmic has arrived there is no nitetime show that is better, as great as Illuminations and Wishes are, to me, they are great fireworks show, but Fantasmic is a complete show with performances and fireworks great visual effects throughout, me and dw make this a must at least twice on our trips

Victor

Genie1953
02-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I absolutely love Wishes...truly magical!

:mickey:

Tink#64
02-18-2008, 11:49 PM
I voted for IllumiNations! For DH & I it's just magical! We love all of the night time show/events, but this is our fav! :fworks:

JCDarzi
02-19-2008, 12:22 AM
I love them all. I chose Spectro just because the music gets stuck in my head and I find myself humming it weeks after we come home.

Fantasmic is a close second. The only problem with it is that everytime we get a chance to see it, we get rained out. I've only gotten to see it once.