PDA

View Full Version : should I get DDP

Yano
02-15-2008, 12:25 PM
hi,
here is my situation: we just decided to go to Disney on march 17 so about a moth from now. also we are a party of 6: me my DH MY DD 11, DS 9 DS 4 and a 6month old baby. and my husband has some food restrictions, he only eats vegetarian and seafood.
I wanted to get the DDP but I a was wondering if it is a wise decisions to do so in a busy time like march, and only one moth to do reservations, and my husbands food restrictions, also I am worried that the baby would not give me the flexibility to take my time waiting for a table, what would you guys do.... to do the DDP or not to do the DDP... that is the question!!!
:mickey:

DISNEYFIX
02-15-2008, 12:30 PM
2 things.
Can you get a room?
Do you realize that holiday surcharges are in efffect?
Good luck.

Yano
02-15-2008, 12:34 PM
yes thanks to a great majical jurney lady i was able to get two adjoining rooms. but as for the price, we are going to pop although we usually go to AKL. but i say as long as we are in DW its going to be fun... wish me luck!

Strmchsr
02-15-2008, 12:36 PM
:ditto:

That's holy week, which is one of the 3 busiest weeks of the year. I would say definitely do not do the DDP because this close in your chances of getting a TS every day would be pretty slim so you would run the risk of your credits going to waste. Also, there probably isn't much choice if you could get an ADR so you might end up having to eat places you don't really want just to avoid wasting the DDP. So, I'd say try to make reservations for the places you want. If you're able to book all of the TS places you want, the DDP might be worth it (but I still doubt it). With a 6 month old you probably would do best with CS, eating as your schedule works best.

WriteDisney
02-15-2008, 12:42 PM
I agree with the above posters, its probably a little late for the DP. Also, the plan is alot of food (even though they took out appetizers this year), So I would probably opt out if I had younger children who might not eat that much.

Tygger7
02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
:ditto:

That's holy week, which is one of the 3 busiest weeks of the year. I would say definitely do not do the DDP because this close in your chances of getting a TS every day would be pretty slim so you would run the risk of your credits going to waste. Also, there probably isn't much choice if you could get an ADR so you might end up having to eat places you don't really want just to avoid wasting the DDP. So, I'd say try to make reservations for the places you want. If you're able to book all of the TS places you want, the DDP might be worth it (but I still doubt it). With a 6 month old you probably would do best with CS, eating as your schedule works best.

Totally agree....I highly doubt you'll be able to secure many ADR's at this point since you're going at one of the busiest times of the year. My suggestion would be to look at menus and see what TS you want to try and get into. You MIGHT be able to secure a reservation at an off-time, such as late lunch/early dinner, or very late dinner. If you can't do TS every day, the DP just isn't worth the extra money per day.

Good luck!!

CleveSJM
02-15-2008, 03:45 PM
I agree with the previous posters. No DDP.

You'll save time by avoiding TS and be able to use those prime dining times to enjoy a slightly less hectic park.

disneylovinmom
02-16-2008, 11:40 AM
The thing about the DDP for us is that there is way more food allowed than you can ever eat and unless it is free it just didn't make good sense to get it. We actually spent less money not on the DDP.

Yano
02-20-2008, 01:00 PM
thank you all guys
I guess no DDP for us
:mickey:

jefmblrd
02-20-2008, 02:09 PM
Well I'm obviously late jumping in here, but I would agree with the previous posters that the DDP only makes sense if you are going to use every credit and are ready for a ton of food. We used it on our last trip and enjoyed it, but it was too much food and won't use it on our next trip.

Tygger7
02-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Well I'm obviously late jumping in here, but I would agree with the previous posters that the DDP only makes sense if you are going to use every credit and are ready for a ton of food. We used it on our last trip and enjoyed it, but it was too much food and won't use it on our next trip.

Too much food?? No such thing!! :D Sad to say, but we eat every last bite of every meal...you burn a lot of calories running around parks all day. At least, that's what I keep telling myself.