PDA

View Full Version : My Valentines Day

Flower
02-15-2008, 09:33 AM
I hope you all are ready for a laugh!

Here is how my day started:

1) Pumping Gas - Normally an uneventful experience. I pulled into the local gas station which has 3 entrances. I waited for several vehicles to finish pumping and eventually pulled into a free pump. A car drives past in front of me in the parking lot and the female driver mouths something to me, pulls in beside me - with the pumps separating us. I pay at the pumps and am filling up, she finishes pumping, goes in, pays for her gas, comes back out, I am still filling up....She then starts yelling at me that I should wait my turn,which I did have to wait my turn, blah blah blah....I told her to grow up and went on my way.

2) I meet a friend for lunch downtown and park on a side street. I come back to my van after lunch and someone is illegally parked so close to my bumper I cannot get the back of the van open to put the stroller in the van. There is a store in front of where I parked so I open the store door and ask if the red Honda belongs to anyone. This lady comes out and asks me 'What my problem is", Well, that fact that you are illegally parked and I can't get out is my problem! She insists on mouthing the whole time she gets in her car to move it - How am I at fault here???!!! It was ridiculous!!! And, I could have been a really mean if I wanted too - the person I had lunch with was on on-duty police officer and she would have had the vehicle towed for me with just a phone call.

3) I am thinking things could not get any worse once I got home...oh how wrong I was. The baby and I go upstairs to my bedroom where DH has decided to touch up the white trim in our bedroom. Well, the night before DH left the paint can on the floor, with 2 kids under 4 years old....you can see where this is going. I think Ben must have knocked the paint can over in the morning when I had him in our room while I was blow drying my hair and I did not notice it as it was on the far side of the bed - I had left him in the crib while I showered. Anyway, there is a huge puddle of white paint on my beige-20-year-old-carpets - that we have been talking about getting rid of, but have no intention of getting new floors while I am not working. Needless to say, Valentines Day was spent cleaning the carpet.

Of note - if you ever spill paint on carpet use water mixed with Murphy's Oil Soap - it totally got all of the latex paint out with elbow grease and the shop vac.

Dare I leave the house today????!!!!

SBETigg
02-15-2008, 11:01 AM
Lea-Ann, ack! What a day! Great tip about the paint. I can't believe it all came out. Wow. Good that you can keep a sense of humor on days like that. I hope today is better. :)

offwego
02-15-2008, 05:16 PM
I just have one question. How did he knock it over and not get any on him?

That is some day for you...I hope you have a "good day" as a reward coming soon.

Flower
02-16-2008, 09:54 AM
I just have one question. How did he knock it over and not get any on him?

That is some day for you...I hope you have a "good day" as a reward coming soon.

I have no idea how he managed to do it! DH said when he got home that the night before he had placed the can between the chair and the wall, so the baby (15 months) would have had to drag it out and then tip it over - but how he did not manage to put his hands it - I just don't know.....Maybe this should be posted in the spooky/weird happenings post that has been going on!!!!

tinksmom02
02-16-2008, 10:36 PM
What a wretched day, so sorry! We've all had those days where we probably would've been better off just staying in bed all day--although with 2 little ones, that's an impossibility!

My DH got the flu for Valentine's Day LOL I'd bought some nice steaks and lobster tails for a dinner I ended up sharing with DD5 LOL

Bethis26fan
02-17-2008, 09:00 PM
wow what a day.

tinkerbell04
02-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Wow! What a crazy day. I am so surprised that he didn't get any paint on him!!!

crazypoohbear
02-20-2008, 09:12 PM
What a day!
I guess the old saying don't ask what could possible go wrong next.
thank goodness the baby didn't get paint all over everything. All things considered just the rug was a "good thing"
Happy Valentines day!??