PDA

View Full Version : Cobb Family Vacation - Dining Review/Part 1

TiggeRia
02-14-2008, 09:57 PM
We did not purchase the dining plan this trip...although we probably would have saved money if we had. Either way, here are the restaurants at which we ate and our thoughts:

Raglan Road - We ate here on our first night. We had ADRs for 7:20 and were seated within 5 minutes in the main dining room right next to the stage. My mom and I had tomato and basil gin soup as an appetizer which was very yummy. My brother had the seared beef salad which he too enjoyed. For dinner my parents got the Paddy's pork, which they deemed just ok. Ken had Sausage and Bangers, which he said was pretty good. I had the sirloin steak which was a little overcooked. The mashed potatoes were pretty dry, but had a nice flavor to them. None of us had room for dessert. Service was standard. All in all everyone agreed there was no need to repeat this restaurant.

Rose and Crown - We ate here Wednesday night (Ash Wednesday). Our ADR was for 5 PM and we were seated immediately. It was really really cold inside, but the food was very good. As I could not eat meat and don't like fish, I wound up getting two appetizers as my meal - Potato and Leek soup (delicious!!!) and a salad. The rest of my family had the fish in chips and everyone enjoyed their food. For dessert my dad and I had the Apple Crumble which was really really good. Mom had the Sticky Toffee Pudding and Ken had the Guinness chocolate cake. The service was good, although it was hard to understand our waitress sometimes because she had a very thick Scottish accent...she was very nice, though!! This is a place that we would return to, but we would want to eat outside if it was warm enough.

Boma - We ate here on Thursday night. Our ADR time was at 8:10, but around 7 I stopped at the desk to see if there were any openings earlier. She said she did not have any other ADR times, but that the walk in time was 35-45 minutes, so we decided to go with that since it would get us in sooner. Our buzzer went off in about 10 minutes! This is not my favorite place to eat. I can't handle most of the spices and usually wind up eating off the children's section--mac and cheese and chicken nuggets for me!! Both mom and dad thought it was so-so--my dad had trouble with the spices as well. My mom said that she enjoyed what she tasted, but she didn't eat very much (but she did enjoy her Pina Colada!!). Ken on the other hand tried many different things and wound up having four helpings of prime rib--he ate enough for all of us! He also enjoyed the desserts and all three of them deemed the coffee the best they have found in WDW yet. Service was ok--nothing spectacular. We had to ask several times for butter and whatnot, but the restaurant seemed pretty busy. I think it was a split decision on returning--Dad and I say no, Mom and Ken say yes.

Those are the first three...I'll continue the next three in my next post...as for now I'm tired and off to bed!

#1disneyfan
02-14-2008, 10:42 PM
Great dining reviews! Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
02-14-2008, 11:39 PM
Awesome reviews. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

RedheadWriter
02-15-2008, 11:27 AM
:thumbsup: Rose and Crown!!!! Great report!

AbeeNormal
02-15-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the dining reviews..... I look forward to reading more.:)

Bethis26fan
02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
02-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

faline
02-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Rose n Crown is one of my favorites. I've never been to Raglan Road and have mixed feelings about Boma. Thanks for your thoughts on these dining spots!

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks for the reviews. They are very balanced and I like how you give the opinions from everyone from your party.

January-2007
02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for sharing.

ChipnDaleGal
02-19-2008, 04:08 PM
I've only been to Raglan Road once, but it didn't impress me very much either. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. :mickey: