PDA

View Full Version : Something special for mom.

Minniequinn
02-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I need some suggestions on how to make this an extra special trip for my mom. We are going to be at WDW on March 21st to the 30th. I know busy...Anyway my mom has gone with us before, but this time is different. Feb. 1st she was diagnosed with breast cancer for the 2nd time. They caught it early and she is going to have surgery the end of Feb. Her biggest fear was it ruining her trip with us. The doctors say she can go. We are all very excieted. We were supposes to go in Oct. and had to cancel cause my dad had open heart surgery. He is also going with us. (doing great) I would really like to make this trip special. Any suggestions. It doesn't necessarily need to be something really expensive just something to make it memorable. All of our trips are, but I feel like this one means more. Thanks for the help.

Tick-Tock
02-14-2008, 10:13 PM
Hire a Disney photographer or Intercot sponsor Stan Kelley to take pictures of your family.

mrte62
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
How about a Fireworks Cruise?

Might be tough to get one now, but it is worth a try.

Mikey Piano 23
02-14-2008, 10:36 PM
How about making reservations for her at the Grand Floridian spa...give her a day of pampering if shes into that kind of thing.

sillyolbear
02-15-2008, 10:55 AM
My wife says her trips to the spa at Saratoga Springs have been awesome. They offer a wide range of services from reflexology to aromatherapy facials to full day experiences.

adoptionislove
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
All of these suggestions are great!

How about a special tour at MK? They look like alot of fun!

Michelle

T-Belle
02-15-2008, 03:34 PM
We leave in just a couple of weeks to celebrate my 50th birthday at WDW. My DD is giving me a necklace with a pearl from the "pick a pearl" in EPCOT's Japan for my birthday gift. I can't wait. Everytime I wear it I'll be able to remember my milestone birthday in the happiest place on earth.

thrillme
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM
How about a Segway tour or maybe one of those Beauty Makeovers for the girls? Dad and the boys can go fishing.

jpH/keD
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Do you have small girl children? If my mom would go w/ us I would pay for her and my DD6 to go to My Disney girl's tea party at the GF. It's very expensive but the little girls get so dolled up and they get to see Aurora and meet this other character. My mom would love to go to that to see her granddaughter.

If you don't have small children I would do a spa treatment and a relaxing evening on the beach at the GF to watch the EWP w/ a glass of wine or something.

Either way, have fun! I am w/ you on making this a special trip! :thumbsup:

Marilyn Michetti
02-15-2008, 09:43 PM
Go to Guest Services, and "arrange" an encounter with one of the street people. It can be done, and if you're at MGM, (or whatever it's called now), the Fabulous Rosie loves to co-operate.

Buy your Mother a trinket, or whatever, and take it to Guest services. Find out when your favorite street person is going to be in the park, and where. Describe your mother, so they can find you, then stand back and enjoy. I'm using Rosie as an example because she "got" my FSIL really good. She will call out your mother's name, and act like she's known her all her life, then will present her with whatever you bought her. It's very pre-arranged, but your mother won't know what hit her.:D
I know they will go to great lengths to accomodate you because that's their job.:thumbsup:

Minniequinn
02-15-2008, 10:57 PM
All those ideas are great. I knew I could count on everyon. I have 2 girls 10 and 16. They love all of the ideas too. Thanks to all.