PDA

View Full Version : The Best Souvenier?

daveymacdaddy
02-14-2008, 09:27 PM
Sorry about my spelling in the title. I'm asking all you seasoned WDW pros out there...in your opinion, what would be the absolute best item to take home to remember your disney trip experience. Something you wouldn't find anywhere but DisneyWorld. I want to bring something home for my girls to remember this trip when they are my age. any suggestions?:thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
02-14-2008, 11:28 PM
You could do a personalized Disney Christmas ornament (if you celebrate Christmas) for each girl.

Marilyn Michetti
02-15-2008, 11:34 AM
First of all, :rocks: WELCOME TO INTERCOT:rocks:

Some of the best mementos, (I can't spell either), are free. If you take lots of pictures during the parade, you can put them in a scrapbook along with, say, a feather from a costume, or confetti. There's always little things laying in the street after the parade is over.

Once on the safari, a leaf dropped right in my lap. I still have it. One time, years ago, I collected water from the different rides and fountains, and make a snow globe. ( I don't think I'd get away with it today, because the CM's are watching for people with their hands outside the ride.)

Things to buy, for me, are always coffee mugs and T-shirts. Limited edition pins and keyrings are fun too.

Let your DD help "scrap" the trip. It will ALL be special.:thumbsup:

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 11:21 PM
There's also a place in the store in Japan where you can pick an oyster, and they'll take the pearl out of it and make it into a piece of jewelry. While it isn't completely unique to WDW, I think it would make a memorable souvenir.

kakn7294
02-16-2008, 08:40 AM
Some of the best mementos, (I can't spell either), are free. If you take lots of pictures during the parade, you can put them in a scrapbook along with, say, a feather from a costume, or confetti. There's always little things laying in the street after the parade is over.

Once on the safari, a leaf dropped right in my lap. I still have it. One time, years ago, I collected water from the different rides and fountains, and make a snow globe. ( I don't think I'd get away with it today, because the CM's are watching for people with their hands outside the ride.)We have 2 screws that they use to fasten the Osbourne Lights to the buildings. They were laying on the sidewalk and DH picked them up. We also have dozens of those tissue paper leaves from the Pocahontas show, maps galore, confetti, stickers, unused FastPasses, kids menus from the TS restaurants, Pluto DVC buttons, and of course, the shampoo / soap from the resorts all amongst our WDW "prizes". My DD's favorite souvenirs are always their pins.

RoosMomKanga
02-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I'd have to say the "Guest of Honor" badges, with their names, was a good one.:thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Every trip has a specific album. If there is a celebration going on, the pictures go in that album. I have one for all sorts of celebrations!

I also pick up the maps for each park. All of them. For all languages! It is very fun. Plus, each time you go (if you go at different times a year), the maps are different!

I also like the bags. I collect antenna toppers, so that is very fun to me.

One of my favorite things to do is have my picture taken with everything.. but with me holding the camera myself. Its a family joke, and I've been doing it for YEARS. Just gotta do it! You can always give your girls a camera or two of their own (disposable of course) and have them take their own pictures of what they find. What you may see as memorable, they may not, and they may see something so amazing that we don't. This, of course, only if they are old enough.

BMan62
02-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Kind of 'off topic,' but when I read the title to this thread all I could think about was the commercial that was out a year or so ago with the child on the elevator talking about how mom and dad called her their 'little souvenir.'

Still makes me smile!!!!

poeticeclipse
02-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Like someone said before, I think that if you buy them a disposable camera and let them take pictures themselves, they'll be able to say "Hey! I remember that!" They'll get to look back and see WDW through their eyes when they were kids.

Also, i'm a big pin fan. Buy 'em a lanyard and some starter pins off ebay (or a starter pack when you're at WDW) and let 'em have fun. They'll have the memories of how they found a pin on a CM, what the CM was like, if they traded a special one to get an even more special one. I love looking at my lanyards and thinking back to each time I got a new pin and how exciting it was. It's your little treasure. It's such a personal experience and each pin becomes so personal to you.

biodtl
02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
I would take their photos with their favorite character(s) and either enlarge and frame them or have them put on a pillowcase os they can go to bed each night with magical memories.

foshelovesdisney
02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
anything from the world showcase!:thumbsup:

Tink#64
02-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Kind of 'off topic,' but when I read the title to this thread all I could think about was the commercial that was out a year or so ago with the child on the elevator talking about how mom and dad called her their 'little souvenir.'

Still makes me smile!!!!

I loved that commercial! It always made me smile! :mickey:

We tend to repeat ourselves on the souvenears. We always get a personalized Christmas ornament - those are my treasures! I won't let anyone else hang them on the tree! I figure if I break one I can just kick myself! DH & I always get new Disney watches! DS's have started in on this as well as our pin lanyards! Our oldest DS (12) loves the pins! They hang in the DS's rooms! I have also started collecting snow globes. One of my curio cabinets is now filled with all Disney stuff! I love making a special photo album from each trip as well as a scrapbook. Mine aren't really fancy, but I include all kinds of things, like unused fast passes, park maps, a weather report that I print before we leave, a napkin, etc. We love tho look at the albums from years past! :mickey: