PDA

View Full Version : Just Questions: Leaping Into Spring.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds like even our perpetual optimist Pogo is getting a little tired of the icky weather, so, while we won't wish our days away, we can take a virtual leap on this leap year and have our own virtual JQ spring.

:mow::pick:

So imagine that all the snow and ice are gone, the air smells fresh and clean (Of course Ellen won't have to imagine it this week) and you're basking in sunshine.

Nice, ain't it? :thumbsup:

dlpmikki
02-14-2008, 05:45 PM
We've had some lovely sunshine this week! We also had a delicious meal out - scallops, fillet steak and pink rhubarb creme brulee. Totally yummy?

So where is this virtual spring of ours?

Nascfan
02-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Yahoo! It's springtime! C'mon guys, let's break out the :golf:!

Hey, and later, who's up for some :baseball:?

Did you know that we're 120 days out from our trip? In 30 days we get to choose seat assignments for our flight and make horseback ressies and such. I can't wait! (sorry Pogo, don't mean to wish the days away.)

disneydeb
02-14-2008, 06:55 PM
The Valentine JQ didn't even make it through Valentine's Day!??? What's up with that?

BronxTigger
02-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Could somebody remind me what fresh air smells like?

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 07:58 PM
In your mind, my dear, in your mind. You remember "The Music Man" don't you? You have to use 'the think method.'

See above.

disneydrmr
02-14-2008, 07:58 PM
Sounds like even our perpetual optimist Pogo is getting a little tired of the icky weather, so, while we won't wish our days away, we can take a virtual leap on this leap year and have our own virtual JQ spring.

So imagine that all the snow and ice are gone, the air smells fresh and clean (Of course Ellen won't have to imagine it this week) and you're basking in sunshine.

So..... if it's a virtual spring does that mean someone has to cut the virtual grass? And who wants to wash all the icky salt off my car?

We've had some lovely sunshine this week! We also had a delicious meal out - scallops, fillet steak and pink rhubarb creme brulee. Totally yummy?

Sounds like a great meal Mikki! My pot roast turned out pretty good. Who has some chocolate for dessert?

Hey, and later, who's up for some :baseball:?

Did you know that we're 120 days out from our trip? In 30 days we get to choose seat assignments for our flight and make horseback ressies and such. I can't wait! (sorry Pogo, don't mean to wish the days away.)

I'll play baseball with you! I am hoping to make it to a couple Reds' games this year. You wanna bring your dw and daughter down some Sunday to go to a game with us?

The Valentine JQ didn't even make it through Valentine's Day!??? What's up with that?

Yeah Ken - what's up with that? Are YOU trying to hurry the days along?

I can't tell you yet as our air is still so cold that to breathe it still freezes my lungs.

Caroleh
02-14-2008, 08:50 PM
So..... if it's a virtual spring does that mean someone has to cut the virtual grass? And who wants to wash all the icky salt off my car?

Sounds like a great meal Mikki! My pot roast turned out pretty good. Who has some chocolate for dessert?

Pogo will cut your grass and Alex will wash your car. I don't think he has anything else to do!!! :D

I have chocolate brownies I bought at the store. Do you want one?

Tink&Goofy
02-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah spring! But why didn't we stay at Valentines at least until the end of Valentine's Day?

It was beautiful today - and supposed to be that way through Monday! I think its supposed to be 60 on Monday!!:flower::flower::pick:

Anyone have any Valentine's chocolate? (or do I have to steal some out of the kids Valentine's bags?):D

Dsnygirl
02-14-2008, 09:34 PM

Wow!! Sounds pretty terrific... esp. still it's very white and very cold around here...

Mmmm... that dinner sounds marvelous!! We had chicken fettucine, some Reisling and Dan brought home truffles for dessert... yumm!! Still getting the last child off to bed... then time for a movie and a bit more Reisling!

Did you know that we're 120 days out from our trip? In 30 days we get to choose seat assignments for our flight and make horseback ressies and such. I can't wait!
Yeah for you!! We're still at about 290 days... but hey, at least it's not in the 300's still!! We're going to do horseback riding on our next trip, too, for the first time... have you done it before??

Anyone have any Valentine's chocolate? (or do I have to steal some out of the kids Valentine's bags?):D
I've got some truffles to share -- okay, maybe not the rum ones :blush: - but you guys are welcome to the rest!! :D

Catch you all later...

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 09:54 PM

Yeah Ken - what's up with that? Are YOU trying to hurry the days along?
Sheesh, try to bring in a little sunshine and what do you get? Critics. Well, I've got one word for you: :fresh:

And just for that, you get an extra dose of uniodized salt for your car. So there. :thedolls:

In the meantime, at least Scott is in the spirit. He gets an extra dose of fresh air with no allergens.

So how'd everybody's nice warm, fresh, springy Valentine's go?

drummerboy
02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I've got some truffles to share -- okay, maybe not the rum ones :blush: - but you guys are welcome to the rest!! :D
Nobody knows the truffles I've seen...

Oops, sorry, couldn't resist. Are you sure you don't have any port ones to share? If not, I guess I could settle for a starboard.

I think it's time to go to bed. I'm getting delerious... Must be spring fever.

Natazu
02-14-2008, 11:25 PM

oh, wow. The scary part is the amount of thought that must have taken.

What'd every body get from their valentine?
We had a nice dinner down at the Red Lobster.
Just kidding, we went to Ruth's Chris.

Oh, my mommy bought us a crib and some baby furniture. The good stuff too.

Beast_fanatic
02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Happy Valentine's Day!

We went out to dinner last night (Abuelo's) for Valentine's. DH got me a 2GB flash drive with Mickey Mouse on it. And, I got him a new rolling laptop bag - although it won't arrive until next week sometime. :blush:

How ironic that we're going into virtual spring when my actual temperatures are supposed to drop from highs in the 70's from today to high's in the 40's starting tomorrow! At least there won't be any nasty frozen stuff (although it is supposed to rain).

Why is it already bedtime again? Sweet dreams everyone!

disneydeb
02-15-2008, 03:12 AM
There is another chance of snow Sunday and Monday!:D: Can you blame me for being an optimist?

pogo
02-15-2008, 07:16 AM
Good morning all....... :huh: what a surprise. :(

:drama: Virtual Spring ???? :shake: What's next Ken.... virtual summer ?? :shake:

And why, oh why did you cut Valentines :heart: day short ??? :shake:

I don't know if I can handle this one. :faint: I might have to sit this one out.

disneydeb
02-15-2008, 07:30 AM
Pogo - Are you feeling better buddy?

Virtual summer sounds a bit too much like personsal summer to me.:thedolls:

pogo
02-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Pogo - Are you feeling better buddy?
Much better, thanks. :hug:

On your way to school this morning ? :D

alpro2
02-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Now this is more like it! Spring time!

Originally Posted by drummerboy
How did I just know that Loretta Lynn would have a possum recipe in her cookbook? She must be friends with Alex and Pogo.
I grew up in the Bronx. What is a possum? Can I substitute with a big ol' dead rat? :D

(Had to quote the old fashion way on the above...cut and paste, manually Italicize, etc. Remember the good old days before the multiple quote button?)

Pogo will cut your grass and Alex will wash your car. I don't think he has anything else to do!!! :D

I dream of washing cars in the warm sun.

By the way, I think I have start thinking about going back to work. I just found out that our April Sales Meeting will be in Orlando! :D

What'd every body get from their valentine?
Just kidding, we went to Ruth's Chris.

Tell the truth Jym. You really went to Sizzlers. :D

Caroleh
02-15-2008, 08:09 AM
What a wonderful day it is today!! The sun is shining, it's really warm...ummmm...about 60, the birds are chirping, the flowers are bloomin'. Oh wait, its my virtual Spring!!! I think I like this place better, especially I'm in my house!!!

Have a great friday!!! What are you plans for the weekend? It's a long weekend up here, even though I have to work on Saturday!!!

drummerboy
02-15-2008, 08:38 AM
Just heard on the radio this morning that Allegiance Air is going to come to our nearby airport with dircet flights to Orlando, starting in April. Although DW and I usually take the RV, that might tempt us to take a shorter trip some time. Up to now, flights had to go to Charlotte first, then to Orlando. A straight flight would probably take an hour or less.

How's Friday going for everybody? I've got a couple of projects lined up for the weekend and a book signing tomorrow night.

Mickey'sGirl
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
We've had some lovely sunshine this week! We also had a delicious meal out - scallops, fillet steak and pink rhubarb creme brulee. Totally yummy?I'm going to Mikki's for leftovers.

Did you know that we're 120 days out from our trip? In 30 days we get to choose seat assignments for our flight and make horseback ressies and such. I can't wait! (sorry Pogo, don't mean to wish the days away.)Are you all excited? I am excited for you too! Will you golf at WDW?

Could somebody remind me what fresh air smells like?I would like to know what smelling period is like. This cold is still no better -- and I can't get a doctor's appt. Maybe i should try some more port chocolate truffles?

In your mind, my dear, in your mind. You remember "The Music Man" don't you? You have to use 'the think method.'Have you heard? There's trouble all the way in River City.

Just kidding, we went to Ruth's Chris.You know...we tried Red Lobster on New Years Day 'cause the kids love seafood.... It looks so good on the commercials, but it's a completely different experience in reality..... You were wise to go to Ruth's Chris. The last time we went out for a Valentine's dinner was the February before Harry was born..... Did you enjoy the proverbial last supper friend? :D

By the way, I think I have start thinking about going back to work. I just found out that our April Sales Meeting will be in Orlando! :DWay to plan! You must be an Uber Executive! :thumbsup:

Happy Friday everyone! Monday is the new stat holiday here in Ontario called "Family Day" .... so what do most families do on a long weekend in the winter? That's right. They paint ... so tomorrow Harry's room will be done in Toronto Maple Leaf Blue. I am to paint Giant white Maple Leaf's on 3 of the walls. He's quite excited.

Hey Sister! Do they have TML fabric in the shops? I could then make some valances for his windows....Whatcha think?

Mickey'sGirl
02-15-2008, 08:45 AM
How's Friday going for everybody? I've got a couple of projects lined up for the weekend and a book signing tomorrow night.
See above -- re projects....

Would that be the new book????

offwego
02-15-2008, 09:01 AM
Morning all, is the coffee ready?

And virtual spring Pogo shouldn't really be any different then virtual friends right? Just think of it as a nice place to visit for a while..not a rushing of anything at all. (unless of course your thinking the monopoly stuff is real too in which case we need to have a longer discussion on it)

Ken are those donuts still around? You know us Cdn's love some donuts.

Mickey'sGirl
02-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Ken are those donuts still around? You know us Cdn's love some donuts.
SHHHHH! We're the only one's who know that! We don't want to start any stereotyping....

Is young William any better?

offwego
02-15-2008, 09:12 AM
SHHHHH! We're the only one's who know that! We don't want to start any stereotyping....

Is young William any better?

Young William is though all of us may never eat fish and cheese sauce again. Sorry bout that...I always think the whole coffee chain thing is funny. Did you see that dunkin donuts is adding the sandwiches etc like timmies here?

Weird huh? I'm going to be awol for much of the day so hope you all have a good one.

disneydrmr
02-15-2008, 09:27 AM
Morning all! (sniffle, sneeze, cough)... I'm back at work today. Still not feeling the greatest but I'm here.

Is it ok that I'm not feeling very talkative today?

mtown71
02-15-2008, 09:32 AM

Oops, sorry, couldn't resist.

:sick:UGH....that was bad...so bad.

Morning all! I just pulled my Reese cup brownies out of the oven & just finished the peanut butter frosting....who wants to lick the spoons & bowl???
Just saying hi this morning. Looking so forward to going to work.
Send that spring air my way! Getting tired of freezing lungs!

disneydrmr
02-15-2008, 09:37 AM
Morning all! I just pulled my Reese cup brownies out of the oven & just finished the peanut butter frosting....who wants to lick the spoons & bowl???
Just saying hi this morning. Looking so forward to going to work.
Send that spring air my way! Getting tired of freezing lungs!

Did you make sure you put Riley and Levin in safe places before asking who wants to lick the spoon and bowls? You know a question like that can cause a stampede around here.

Have a good day at work sis!

Dsnygirl
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I grew up in the Bronx. What is a possum? Can I substitute with a big ol' dead rat? :D

By the way, I think I have start thinking about going back to work. I just found out that our April Sales Meeting will be in Orlando! :D

Now that is just gross... :ack:

Talk about incentive!! That'd send me back to the office, too... if I had one...

This cold is still no better -- and I can't get a doctor's appt. Maybe i should try some more port chocolate truffles?

.... so what do most families do on a long weekend in the winter? That's right. They paint ... so tomorrow Harry's room will be done in Toronto Maple Leaf Blue. I am to paint Giant white Maple Leaf's on 3 of the walls. He's quite excited.

I think that is just what the dr. ordered... and if not, if you have enough, you won't care!! :D

Harry's room sounds awesome.... you'll have to post some pics when you're done! :thumbsup:

How's Friday treating everyone so far? Besides groceries and a trip to a store in town, not much else going on... I've got to work tonight, so I'll lay low later.

Anybody want one crazy kitty?? Quincy is going in for his "snip snip operation" next week, but it seems to be a week too far away... he is crazed today!! I swear, in the last 5 minutes, he's covered every square inch of this house and is ready to pounce on and capture anything that moves. Including and not limited to toes, fingers, legs.... :crazy:

Have a good morning guys, I'll zoop in later...

Nascfan
02-15-2008, 10:27 AM

OH! I'l be right there! YUM!

Blythe, never been horseback riding down there before, although we all have been on a horse at least once for all of us, a few times for me. I tell ya, I think that's what Lauren is most excited about! She keeps talking about that and how she can't wait for it.

Jenn, Lauren will be golfing on her graduation trip in 2010. She wants to hit the Mickey sandtrap on purpose. Haha!

Di, a Reds game sounds fun. We'll have to see if we can work that out.

It's a beautiful spring day here in JQland! Hey, did I just make up a new word? Like Fantasyland, but different? :D

Let's go outside for a picnic and some frisbee. Who's got the cookies?

Tink&Goofy
02-15-2008, 10:37 AM
Did anybuddy get da license ob dat truck?

Does anybody have some kleenex? Or some Nyquil? Do I have to wait until nighttime to take the Nyquil?

disneydrmr
02-15-2008, 10:43 AM
How's Friday treating everyone so far? Besides groceries and a trip to a store in town, not much else going on... I've got to work tonight, so I'll lay low later.

Anybody want one crazy kitty?? Quincy is going in for his "snip snip operation" next week, but it seems to be a week too far away... he is crazed today!! I swear, in the last 5 minutes, he's covered every square inch of this house and is ready to pounce on and capture anything that moves. Including and not limited to toes, fingers, legs.... :crazy:

Have a good morning guys, I'll zoop in later...

My Friday is treating me ok. Hey! While you are at the grocery can you please pick up the stuff I need to make a cheese ball? That would save me from having to stop on my way home from work!

Sorry... no cats allowed in my house. My two doggies wouldn't allow for it.

Di, a Reds game sounds fun. We'll have to see if we can work that out.

Let's go outside for a picnic and some frisbee. Who's got the cookies?

I'll get the dates of all the Sunday games and get them to you.

I don't think I have enough energy to play frisbee.. but a picnic sounds lovely. I'll stop at Popeyes and get some chicken and biscuits for everyone! Cookies? We better hope they are no where near Alex else we won't have any for dessert! :D

disneydrmr
02-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Does anybody have some kleenex? Or some Nyquil? Do I have to wait until nighttime to take the Nyquil?

Oh oh... do you have a cold? Or an upper respitory infection? I definitly have kleenex. I don't have Nyquil but I do have Tylenol Cold and Flu - both the day and the night versions. I also have some Halls cough drops. And some chicken noodle soup. Soooo.. which do you want? I'll sent it via Drummerboy's Discount Doctoring Delivery Service...

drummerboy
02-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Do I have to wait until nighttime to take the Nyquil?
Did you know that they actually make Dayquill? Then again, you might want the stuff that knocks you out.

I'll sent it via Drummerboy's Discount Doctoring Delivery Service...
Our motto: "We'll get it to you sometime before what ails ya kills ya. Usually. Offer void where prohibited. Guarantee limited to refund of purchase price. Times of demise may vary in some areas."

alpro2
02-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Just spoke with Ellen. Her and Ben were waiting for the bus to EPCOT. Why is it that the bus you want never comes? She said the weather is finally nice today. They were wearing coats the past two days.

Blythe! Countdown, please. :D

Dsnygirl
02-15-2008, 12:27 PM

Ooooh, you don't sound so good.... sending some emergency :pixie::pixie: your way right away!! I hope you feel better quickly, and go ahead and take that Nyquil and get a nap!!

Hey! While you are at the grocery can you please pick up the stuff I need to make a cheese ball? That would save me from having to stop on my way home from work!

Sorry.... decided to stay in and keep out of the cold and :snowball:.... and try to get this house back in shape so I don't have to do it over the weekend!! So, we'll have to make do with what groceries we've got... and leftovers, I think!! ;)

Just spoke with Ellen. Her and Ben were waiting for the bus to EPCOT. Why is it that the bus you want never comes? She said the weather is finally nice today. They were wearing coats the past two days.

Blythe! Countdown, please. :D
Glad to hear you spoke to Ellen.... sigh.... wish I was at EPCOT, too!! I wouldn't even care if I was wearing a coat.... :blush:

Okay - here's the countdown - 34!! (I figure it's better waiting a few days in between... makes it seem like the times going faster, don't you think?? No?? Well, maybe if you weren't lounging around at home all day, dreaming of :golf: ........:D)

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I am impatiently waiting for the end of this work day so I can get to my 3 day weekend! :thumbsup: I'm not wishing the day away though. ;)

Hubby called a few minutes ago and said he's not feeling well - again! Between him and the sickies here, I think I'd better start wearing a mask! :pixie: to all those under the weather!

Anyone else doing their income taxes this weekend?

offwego
02-15-2008, 02:56 PM
I am impatiently waiting for the end of this work day so I can get to my 3 day weekend! :thumbsup: I'm not wishing the day away though. ;)

it's a new long weekend for us so I've never done anything for it before. Do you think I should do taxes on it really?

Tink&Goofy
02-15-2008, 04:46 PM
Did you know that they actually make Dayquill? Then again, you might want the stuff that knocks you out.

Didn't really need anything to knock me out. I sat down, and slept for about 2 hours. Imagine if I had taken the Nyquil!

I was very much looking forward to the 3 day weekend, but not if I feel like this. Its supposed to be beautiful! Now if I can just keep enough meds in me to maybe still do some things! I was thinking these meds were doing nothing for me....then they wore off.... So I guess they were helping somewhat. Anyone want to go to the store for me, and get some more?

disneydeb
02-15-2008, 05:07 PM

I'm athankin' so.
I hear in New York yer possums are raised kinda like livestock, is that true? Restaurant gives 'em feed and everythang and a free range . It must be a real handy arrangement. Cuts out the middle man... and talk about FRESH meat!:D

offwego
02-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm athankin' so.
I hear in New York your possums are raise kinda like livestock, is that true? Restaurant gives 'em feed and everything and a free range . It must be a real handy arrangement. Cuts out the middle man... and talk about FRESH meat!:D

No Deb I think your thinking of Paris. They get jobs and everything there. Didn't they make a movie about that?

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 05:28 PM
it's a new long weekend for us so I've never done anything for it before. Do you think I should do taxes on it really?

Aren't you dying to know the outcome?

offwego
02-15-2008, 05:39 PM
Aren't you dying to know the outcome?

nope..we don't have all our deduction slips yet as the deadline for investments in def. tax plans is the last contributions for feb 29th.

So since I still have some happening (biweekly and monthly) and I only have a couple of slips to date it would be way to rough a guess. (for both hubbie and I) in fact I don't have my T4 (I think yours is a W2 or something) yet either.

I'm far more interested in a lazy day frankly. Is that bad?

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm far more interested in a lazy day frankly. Is that bad?

Nope, I'm actually planning on Monday being a lazy day. I'm thinking of doing taxes tomorrow since it's supposed to rain all day, and now that hubby is not feeling well again, it seems like a golden opportunity.

What's for dinner tonight?

offwego
02-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Nope, I'm actually planning on Monday being a lazy day. I'm thinking of doing taxes tomorrow since it's supposed to rain all day, and now that hubby is not feeling well again, it seems like a golden opportunity.

Pasta Bolangese, salad, crusty loaf in about an hour. Can you make it?

drummerboy
02-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Dunno. Think I'll go check the freezer and see what's in it. Wonder if DW left me any frozen possum?

Sure hope everybody gets to feeling better very quickly. I hate when all the stuffy, runny-nose, coughy stuff happens.

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
Pasta Bolangese, salad, crusty loaf in about an hour. Can you make it?

I really wish I could. That sounds really good! Can you meet me half way? I'll bring dessert.

offwego
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
I really wish I could. That sounds really good! Can you meet me half way? I'll bring dessert.

Sorry I have company coming tommrow so can't quite do it. Besides I'm pretty sure I can't bring any of that across the border. Next time perhaps? And Ken just say no to possum.

Have a good weekend everyone!!

Caroleh
02-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey Sister! Do they have TML fabric in the shops? I could then make some valances for his windows....Whatcha think?

We don't carry anything that says Maple leafs..it a registered trademark and we don't have the licensing for it...legalise done...but we do carry fabric with a blue or white background with blue or white maple leafs. So it might work!!! :D

Our motto: "We'll get it to you sometime before what ails ya kills ya. Usually. Offer void where prohibited. Guarantee limited to refund of purchase price. Times of demise may vary in some areas."

:funny:

Would I be bad if I say the taxes can wait? I think the three of you need to sit down and do something as a family..play a board game or play something on the Wii that the 3 of you can do... start a new tradition!!!!

Do you need an assistant? I could help you for a trip to WDW...oops I mean Orlando!!! :D

Tink&Goofy
02-15-2008, 11:04 PM

I thought possums lived just about everywhere!

I'm athankin' so.
I hear in New York your possums are raised kinda like livestock, is that true? Restaurant gives 'em feed and everything and a free range . It must be a real handy arrangement. Cuts out the middle man... and talk about FRESH meat!:D
:ack:

Sure hope everybody gets to feeling better very quickly. I hate when all the stuffy, runny-nose, coughy stuff happens.
So do I! :ill:

DH was nice enough to take the youngest out to find a gift for a birthday party she is going to tomorrow. I really don't think I'd have the energy or the patience right now. Hope I am feeling up to taking her tomorrow - since DH will be gone all day.

Anyone else around tonight? Blythe are you working?

Beast_fanatic
02-15-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm here for a little while anyway.

We ended up having Wendy's for dinner since hubby didn't feel up to going out.

Want to help me clean house?

alpro2
02-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Good morning everybody, and happy Saturday!

Does anybody want a cuppa from my new coffee machine?

offwego
02-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I think the three of you need to sit down and do something as a family..play a board game or play something on the Wii that the 3 of you can do... start a new tradition!!!! We don't have a Wii...sorry couldn't resist. We do play boardgames quite often, scene it (the disney one of course), sorry (disney again), scrabble (normal I'm afraid), UNO, Monopoly, I'd say at least 2-3 times a month on the weekends...plus the guys play Sony toghether often. We also have "family movie night" at least once a week. And a "formal" family dinner at least once a week as well. (we eat dinner together every night but at least once has to be with good china, table set with cloth napkins, candles etc and one dresses "business casual" for it..seriously!)

So I think we have it covered.

How's the packing going?

So yes please!! I'm at the office cause a client called me to meet with him..on a saturday..on a long weekend...so some coffee would be a very very good thing. I have company coming around 1ish so now I'm going to be really racing to get stuff done. Glad I baked the cake last night.

BronxTigger
02-16-2008, 10:58 AM

What kind of coffee machine did you get?

pogo
02-16-2008, 12:11 PM
zoop in......:bolt: zoop in

:hi: everyone..... having a good day today ??? :D

Gotta run....... zoop out :bolt:

Natazu
02-16-2008, 01:46 PM
The last time we went out for a Valentine's dinner was the February before Harry was born..... Did you enjoy the proverbial last supper friend?optimism, optimism, optimism

Does anybody have some kleenex? Or some Nyquil? Do I have to wait until nighttime to take the Nyquil?awww. I'd send you some pixie dust but it'd probably just make you sneeze

I'm athankin' so.
I hear in New York your possums are raised kinda like livestock, is that true? Restaurant gives 'em feed and everything and a free range . It must be a real handy arrangement. Cuts out the middle man... and talk about FRESH meat!:DYeah, but they all live out on Long Island and commute. A nest in the city is ridiculous, even a place off 149th.

When's the next Harry Potter movie coming out?

BronxTigger
02-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Yeah, but they all live out on Long Island and commute. A nest in the city is ridiculous, even a place off 149th.

Hey! Don't knock 149th!

Alex...I have the last ingredient for your recipe. There's a nice big rat roadkilled in front of my building. Would you like me to ship it to you? :D

disneydeb
02-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Fer real!?:D

Jared
02-16-2008, 05:22 PM
Have you seen where she lives, Deb? Trust me, she wasn't kidding.

What has everybody been doing these past few weeks? As usual, I've been elusive to everybody but Ellen and Bethany.

Beast_fanatic
02-16-2008, 06:21 PM
Have you seen where she lives, Deb? Trust me, she wasn't kidding.

What has everybody been doing these past few weeks? As usual, I've been elusive to everybody but Ellen and Bethany.

I was just thinking about you a little while ago, Jared as Syracuse men's basketball was on TV. If it had been ladies, I would have looked for you. Did that confuse anyone?

disneydeb
02-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Hi Jared!

Rhonda didn't confuse me at all. I know Jared reports for the activities of the Syracuse Ladies Basketball team.
Do they call themselves the Lady Orangemen?:confused:
Jared to update you on my life. I've been in the hospital ---- there has been a TERRIBLE bronchitis thingy going around here, I got it and had a violent asthmatic episode and ended up in the hospital for a few days. Gage has had it (dear grandson). Amy has avoided it as she has stayed out of town and in school trying to graduate this spring.
I got to play Fairy Godmother at my school this week, dancing with 6&7 yr.old girls in a ballet to A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!
That costume is getting a lot of miles out of it!:D
Will YOUR Lady Orangemen play MY Lady Vols this year?

Do you have another Disney trip planned this year? We are trying to get one up for December. But now it is looking a little doubtful.

Beast_fanatic
02-16-2008, 09:23 PM
:hi: everyone..... having a good day today ???

Yes I am. Primarily because I did do my taxes today, and we're getting money back! :woohoo: We've had to pay the last couple of years, so I am very happy! It's not enough to pay for a trip to WDW, but it's a start! :thumbsup:

Is it cold in here, or is it just me?

Jared
02-16-2008, 09:26 PM
I was just thinking about you a little while ago, Jared as Syracuse men's basketball was on TV. If it had been ladies, I would have looked for you. Did that confuse anyone?
Thanks for thinking of me, Rhonda. I'll be on AIm for at least an hour or two tonight. Actually, the women played tonight at 7 after the men. The Carrier Dome staff had a few hours to prepare for the second game.

Hi Jared!

Rhonda didn't confuse me at all. I know Jared reports for the activities of the Syracuse Ladies Basketball team.
Do they call themselves the Lady Orangemen?:confused:
Jared to update you on my life. I've been in the hospital ---- there has been a TERRIBLE bronchitis thingy going around here, I got it and had a violent asthmatic episode and ended up in the hospital for a few days. Gage has had it (dear grandson). Amy has avoided it as she has stayed out of town and in school trying to graduate this spring.
I got to play Fairy Godmother at my school this week, dancing with 6&7 yr.old girls in a ballet to A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes!
That costume is getting a lot of miles out of it!:D
Will YOUR Lady Orangemen play MY Lady Vols this year?

Do you have another Disney trip planned this year? We are trying to get one up for December. But now it is looking a little doubtful.
Deb, are you feeling better? I hate hearing you're not well.

Did you know Syracuse doesn't call itself the Orangemen anymore? A few years ago, it changed its nickname to simply the Orange.

Syracuse would only play Tennessee in the NCAA Tournament, so we'll see what happens.

Actually, I just submitted a price quote request to Karen at Magical Journeys tonight to hopefully go in May. Also, if this so-called Just Questions meet happens in December, I will try to attend.

Is anybody watching the NBA All-Star festivities tonight?

BronxTigger
02-17-2008, 08:39 AM

*gasp!* It's looking doubtful? I thought it was a sure thing for you! :(

Caroleh
02-17-2008, 09:03 AM

Oh my gosh, Deb, What happened?

Where have Pogo and Alex been hiding? Have you noticed how quiet its been without them always talking?

alpro2
02-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Alex...I have the last ingredient for your recipe. There's a nice big rat roadkilled in front of my building. Would you like me to ship it to you? :D
Ah, the old neighborhood.

Are you getting the frying pan ready? :D

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 09:13 AM
ge isn't with me

Hey! What happened to my post?

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Are you getting the frying pan ready? :D

If you've split the kindling!:thumbsup:

Do you need an explanation?:D

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 09:26 AM
If you've split the kindling!:thumbsup:

Do you need an explanation?:D
I've got some fatwood all split out in the garage. Do you need an explanation? :D

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
That was weird.:confused:

I'll try to post my explanation again.

My hubby and I were talking last night. That was my first mistake. I told him how I would like to go to New York this summer ( I've never been} and I would really like to see those possums!:D
Anywho, he reminded me we were going to take our extended family to the Smokeys this summer.

Amy and her boyfriend had invited me to go with them to Disney, I accepted and then his brother and sister decided to go, so Amy asked me to stay in a room on my own. Amy's dbf wants to stay at ASMovies. I could get a connecting room with them, but I'd rather not stay at Movies, if Gage isn't going to go with me. I'll have to fly to go by myself as I will only have Wednesday through Sunday afternoon. Did you know I don't llike to fly by myself?

Icould probably be talked back into the trip if someone twists my arm. :secret:

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 10:33 AM
That was weird.:confused:

I'll try to post my explanation again.

I thought you were asking Alex if he needed an explanation of what kindling was. That's why I mentioned fatwood. See? :confused:

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 11:04 AM
I thought you were asking Alex if he needed an explanation of what kindling was. That's why I mentioned fatwood. See? :confused:

IN the middle of correcting and a further explanation of my trip being in jeopardy it suddenly vanished into the netherworld of cyberspace... weird huh?

Is fatwood chunky firewood, instead of small pieces like kindling?

I wonder if Pogo knows what he's missing this morning?

Does anyone want to help me redecorate Ellen's place? I'm thinking tropical beach theme here to help her relax. We'll put in a washer and dryer to help her out with her laundry situation too. How does that sound?

Caroleh
02-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Does anyone want to help me redecorate Ellen's place? I'm thinking tropical beach theme here to help her relax. We'll put in a washer and dryer to help her out with her laundry situation too. How does that sound?

I'll help you!!! How about we fill her living room with sand and seashells? In her bedroom we can put a couple of palm trees to hold the hammock.

Let's see, Deb, if we go, you could get to meet me and Gilles and thank us in person for the help with the costume. Would that help you fly by yourself?

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Is fatwood chunky firewood, instead of small pieces like kindling?

It's heart pine loaded with sap. Burns fast and hot and makes a great fire starter. We have it on hand for the wood stove (although it's been so mild, we haven't used the stove this year).

I'm thinking a ship's smokestack in the living room, with Mickey painted on it of course. Do we have any sand left over from the last project?

Tink&Goofy
02-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Mornin' eberbuddy! Still hackin and sneezin - but don't worry - I sprayed lysol before I posted!

I think that sounds absolutely perfect! She would LOVE it!

Yesterday the oldest took 4th in her bowling tourney - that makes one 1st and two 4th place this year (since Sept), in these regional tourneys. Nothing much on the agenda today, except the usual - if I can muster up the strength. If not, I'll kick back and stare at the beautiful sunshine outside!

Ellen will be on her way to the ship shortly. Hope they have a wonderful time. If anyone deserves it, she does!

I've made fresh Starbucks coffee - anyone want some?

BronxTigger
02-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Ellen would love that! Too bad she wouldn't give me a spare key to her apartment before she left!

Anybody know how to pick locks? :D

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Ellen would love that! Too bad she wouldn't give me a spare key to her apartment before she left!

Last time I went to Lowes I picked a nice one. Brass, with two keys. :D

What's for lunch?

dlpmikki
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM
What are you guys like :nono:? I keep getting these reported post notifications from Rhonda that you are doing naughty things but by the time I get up to go see someone else has already fixed it. Will you please stop upsetting Rhonda? :secret:

Deb - Figaro was really looking forward to seeing you in December. Is that enough paw twisting? :D

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 12:50 PM

A little ol' lock has never stopped us before has it?

What are you guys like :nono:? I keep getting these reported post notifications from Rhonda that you are doing naughty things but by the time I get up to go see someone else has already fixed it. Will you please stop upsetting Rhonda? :secret:

Deb - Figaro was really looking forward to seeing you in December. Is that enough paw twisting? :D
Naughty things? That sounds interesting!:D

Do you think we could get a group picture and call it What is up with Figaro?? :D

I'll help you!!! How about we fill her living room with sand and seashells? In her bedroom we can put a couple of palm trees to hold the hammock.

Let's see, Deb, if we go, you could get to meet me and Gilles and thank us in person for the help with the costume. Would that help you fly by yourself?

I like your decorating ideas!

I do owe you one ,don't I?:thumbsup:

Did soneone ask what is for lunch...? I thought we were havin' possum....:confused:
Had my appetite whetted too!

BronxTigger
02-17-2008, 01:08 PM
Ellen is boarding the bus that takes her to the ship!

And Deb...she says we will have to work something out for you to go in Decembrrrr!

How's everybody's Sunday going? Who has tomorrow off?

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Did soneone ask what is for lunch...? I thought we were havin' possum....:confused:
Just checked the road in front of the house and it's clean, so possum's a no-go for lunch today. Guess baloney's the next best thing.

Yay for Ellen.

Our office is open tomorrow but I'm taking it off as a personal day.

Anybody else want to join me for a sammich?

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 01:28 PM

And Deb...she says we will have to work something out for you to go in Decembrrrr!

Ellen You go girl! WooHoo!

They (the powers that be) are giving us tomorrow off! We never get President's Day off. What's up with that?

:(I guess that means there was no posssum in the freezer either,Ken?

Tink&Goofy
02-17-2008, 02:23 PM

Just checked the road in front of the house and it's clean, so possum's a no-go for lunch today. Guess baloney's the next best thing.
Anybody else want to join me for a sammich?
Well, my appetite has been somewhat lacking, but now its completely gone! :ack:

Just a total lack of energy today. I have all these things I should be doing - and its sunny and supposed to be close to 60 today! I really wish I didn't have to waste away a 3 day weekend like this!

I am so happy that things are going well for Ellen. How long is the cruise portion of her trip?

Could someone get me a coffee refill from the kitchen?

Caroleh
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM

Yay, for Ellen!!! I wish I was there!!!

I'm not getting anything done today.:( I have no energy, could it be the weather? Tomorrow is the first ever family day in Ontario, it's a paid holiday so I have it off!!! Hopefully, I can get something done!!

:(I guess that means there was no posssum in the freezer either,Ken?

Deb, I think you need to check Pogo's freezer. I think he's been collecting them for Jym. :D

Just a total lack of energy today. I have all these things I should be doing - and its sunny and supposed to be close to 60 today!

I have the lack of energy today too, but it's raining here and we had freezing rain before that. I'm really starting to think the weather has a lot to do with my energy level.

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 03:00 PM
I decided to have grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green peas. Anyone want to join me?

Yes, it is a late lunch.

Ellen should be just about ready to arrive at port, shouldn't she?

Oh the excitement!

Ken could you do the honors of laying the sand at Ellen's today? I've put in for perpetual sunny days. Carol has th e hammock and palm trees.
We need a cabana boy.... any volunteers?

Tink&Goofy
02-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Ken could you do the honors of laying the sand at Ellen's today? I've put in for perpetual sunny days. Carol has th e hammock and palm trees.
What about Alex? He's not doing anything now-a-days anyway, right?

Caroleh
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM

Do you want Alex in his spandex? Or Pogo with his Lapu Lapu's?

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 03:44 PM
(I guess that means there was no posssum in the freezer either,Ken?
DW left a few possum fritters for me, but I just wan't in the mood. I had pb&j instead. Now I gotta figure out what to have for supper. Can I just get some of that chicken Deb?

I decided to have grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and green peas. Anyone want to join me?

All the cabana boys hang out at Happy Fridays, so you might want to check in there.

All I could find left over from the last project was some sand-paper. Think we can lay a carpet of that down and fake it?

Caroleh
02-17-2008, 03:57 PM

Scary, now we're thinking alike!!!

All I could find left over from the last project was some sand-paper. Think we can lay a carpet of that down and fake it?

Maybe Alex will lend you some sand from his sandtrip, I don't think he's using it right now. Did you use sand in my house, since it was the last project or was it Christine's?

disneydeb
02-17-2008, 03:57 PM

Alex would be good choice:thumbsup:

Do you want Alex in his spandex? Or Pogo with his Lapu Lapu's?

Would Alex wear a speedo for Ellen if Maria gave him pernission?
Let's put Pogo on tropical bartending duty, OK?

DW left a few possum fritters for me, but I just wan't in the mood. I had pb&j instead. Now I gotta figure out what to have for supper. Can I just get some of that chicken Deb?

All the cabana boys hang out at Happy Fridays, so you might want to check in there.

You are welcome to all the chicken you can eat. I was expecting more for lunch than what I served.

About the sand paper, I want something really nice for Ellen, something she can sink her toes into and build sandcastles out of. Do you live near a beach and have access to DDTD (Drummerboy's Discount Trucking Deliveries)?

How do you know where cabana boys hang out? Were you one in a former life?

BronxTigger
02-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Ellen lives near a beach. You can get sand from there. Did you know she lives on an island?

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 04:41 PM
About the sand paper, I want something really nice for Ellen, something she can sink her toes into and build sandcastles out of. Do you live near a beach and have access to DDTD (Drummerboy's Discount Trucking Deliveries)?

DDTD, motto: Ah heck, we don't have one. We just haul stuff.

How do you know where cabana boys hang out? Were you one in a former life?
:zipped:

:rocker::drummer::tuba::pipes::play:

I'm putting the welcome home band together. Anybody else want to play?

Beast_fanatic
02-17-2008, 05:31 PM
What are you guys like :nono:? I keep getting these reported post notifications from Rhonda that you are doing naughty things but by the time I get up to go see someone else has already fixed it. Will you please stop upsetting Rhonda?

Why are you telling on me? And, I'm not upset, I'm just trying to play by the rules. :(

Who has tomorrow off?

Me! Do you?

Isn't that what bologna is made of? :ack:

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
Isn't that what bologna is made of? :ack:
Doesn't balogna (if you must be formal :D) come under the heading, "Mystery Meat"?

BronxTigger
02-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, I have tomorrow off. Actually, I have the entire week off. It's "Mid-Winter Recess". I don't have much planned except to sleep, relax, surf Intercot, do my taxes, clean the house, organize paperwork, do homework for school, and plan my trip to Disneyland. Wow, doesn't that sound like a lot when I type it?

Beast_fanatic
02-17-2008, 06:54 PM
Doesn't balogna (if you must be formal :D) come under the heading, "Mystery Meat"?

Yes, but doesn't that imply that it very well could be opossum?

Beast_fanatic
02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Yes, I have tomorrow off. Actually, I have the entire week off. It's "Mid-Winter Recess". I don't have much planned except to sleep, relax, surf Intercot, do my taxes, clean the house, organize paperwork, do homework for school, and plan my trip to Disneyland. Wow, doesn't that sound like a lot when I type it?

Cool (that you're off all week). :thumbsup: And, yes, it sounds like a lot when you type it all out.

We're having pinto beans cooked with a ham bone and corn bread for dinner. Anyone want to join us? Ken, when is your wife going to return?

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 08:25 PM
We're having pinto beans cooked with a ham bone and corn bread for dinner. Anyone want to join us? Ken, when is your wife going to return?
I wound up having the batch of really bad lasagna she froze. :sick: She couldn't remember which was the good batch and which was the bad. At least I know the good one is what's left. Made up for it with cookies.

She's supposed to start back on March 1. I don't know how many days they're going to take coming back, but she should be back by the 3d.

Anything left in the question jar?

Beast_fanatic
02-17-2008, 09:58 PM
Wow Ken, that's quite a break. Do you have a new appreciation for your wife yet? ;)

drummerboy
02-17-2008, 11:39 PM
Wow Ken, that's quite a break. Do you have a new appreciation for your wife yet? ;)
I think it's mutual. Then again, we've always appreciated each other anyway. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)

Will somebody wake me in the morning? I'm not turning the alarm back on.

trackbarroness
02-18-2008, 03:52 AM
Good morning J'Qer's, how did everyone sleep? I must have slept really, really well because we're in a brand new(new to me) thread. :D
There's a chance of rain today, well this am anyway. Do you suppose that could mean i might not have to do wipe down this am? :D Hope springs eternal, and you never know until after the fact that is. :D
The high tomorrow is suppose to be in the 60's and go right back to the 80's for the weekend. It looked like the sun came up a bit early yesterday. lololol

disneydeb
02-18-2008, 06:39 AM
Lysol has beem sprayed.
Yesterday about the time I quit posting, I was hit by DDITAVS ( Discount Drummerboys Imaginary Truck and Virus Service).:ill::ack:. We can't get over all this ick!
Has anyone heard more from Ellem? Did she board all right?

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 06:54 AM
Lysol has beem sprayed.
Yesterday about the time I quit posting, I was hit by DDITAVS ( Discount Drummerboys Imaginary Truck and Virus Service).:ill::ack:. We can't get over all this ick!
Has anyone heard more from Ellem? Did she board all right?

I'm sorry you're feeling sick again!

Ellen sent me a photo text of that tv that is on the ship. She had to be on the ship to take that photo. I guess she made it on the boat all right!

What's everybody doing today? The weather here is gross: rain and later, wind! So no laundry today. Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so I can do laundry then. I'm getting desperate!

pogo
02-18-2008, 07:32 AM
Good morning all....... this weekend flew by and now it's time to get back to work. We were very busy.

Friday night was a cocktail party which caused us to sleep in on Saturday. :ill:

Saturday we traveled to my home town and visited my kids and grandkids, spending the night at my Mom and Dad's. Sunday was family time and travel back to Rochester.

So what's all this talk about Possom ??? If you want one all you have to do is tell Natazu to get out the possum killer :car: out of the garage and go for a ride.

And as far as me being the bar tender, remember my rule....... mix two..... drink one ! :D

So if Ellen got on the ship yesterday, shouldn't she be hearing these imortal words today... braid your hair... braid your hair, lady ???? :)
At Nassau we heard this said no less than 100 times. :shake:

See you all later today. :D

disneydrmr
02-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Morning all! You guys had a very chatty weekend. I spent Saturday visiting my three nieces and one nephew. We had fun! They are growing up so fast. My nine year old niece even got FLOWERS from a BOY! Man! I didn't get my first thing of flowers until, well, I believe I was in my 20's...

After a semi warm weekend we are back in the thirties and it's snow flurrying again.

Deb - sorry you are sick again. Try that EmergenC stuff... I've heard it really helps.

Ken - WAKE UP!!! There - was that a good enough wake up call for you? I made some spaghetti salad the other day... got plenty of left overs.. would you like me to send you some? Or are you not sick of pb and J sammys yet?

Is anyone else working today? Or am I the only one who doesn't get this holiday off?

Pogo - :fresh:

Jared
02-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Ellen sent me a photo text of that tv that is on the ship. She had to be on the ship to take that photo. I guess she made it on the boat all right!
I received the same message yesterday afternoon, so I can confirm Ellen is safely on the boat. Well, I should say ship. Jeanne, who is also sick, scolded me last night for calling the giant vessel in the water a "boat."

I didn't get my first thing of flowers until, well, I believe I was in my 20's...
Do you think that reflects well on your niece or badly on your childhood experience with boys? ;)

Ken - WAKE UP!!! Is anyone else working today? Or am I the only one who doesn't get this holiday off?
Today is a holiday? Apparently, Syracuse University is unaware.

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Is anyone else working today? Or am I the only one who doesn't get this holiday off?

I'm off today, as is Jenn and Nat..it's a statutory holiday up here in Ontario. The first time for it!!!! They named it Family Day, a day to enjoy with your family..but I'd need a week off to go visit my family!!!!:D

Deb, sorry to hear your not feeling well again. I thought I was coming down with something on Sat. I had a sore throat, but it left during the night.

So, what is everyone doing today?

pogo
02-18-2008, 10:46 AM

I'm working too..... well sort of ! :D

Why is it only Government and School employee's get today off ???

Oh well.... for you Diane... :fresh:

Today is a holiday? Apparently, Syracuse University is unaware.
With the money you pay for tuition you should be glad not to have it off. :thumbsup:

I'm off today.
You usually are ! :D

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 10:59 AM
You usually are ! :D

Pogo...:fresh:

Diane, do you think we should have everyone :fresh:to Pogo?

Jasper
02-18-2008, 11:09 AM
Hi all! So what are we going to do for trouble. . . errr, uhm, I mean fun today?

Sorry to hear that the bug is bugging so many of our friends today. I know I am going to pay for saying this, but we have been lucky and not had it in our house. Of course, now that I have said that I am sure we will all come down with it in the next 24 hours!!

Anyway, just hoping every has a speedy recovery!

disneydrmr
02-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I'm off today, as is Jenn and Nat..it's a statutory holiday up here in Ontario. The first time for it!!!! They named it Family Day, a day to enjoy with your family..but I'd need a week off to go visit my family!!!!:D
So, what is everyone doing today?

So if you don't have any family do you not get the day off? :confused:

I already answered what I'm doing today.. I'm working. But since all the schools are off it's been really quiet so it's not been that bad of a day.

Oh well.... for you Diane... :fresh:

Hmmm.... President's Day..... only the government and the school's get the day off... let's see... who pays the salaries of those in government? Who pays the salary of the president? Not the students.. but the PARENTS, the ADULTS.... and WE are the ones having to work today... yep.. that's politics for you!

Right back atcha Pogo! :fresh:

I think Intercot should rename the smilie from "Fresh" to "Pogo".. who do we suggest that too?

Hi all! So what are we going to do for trouble. . . errr, uhm, I mean fun today?

Sorry to hear that the bug is bugging so many of our friends today. I know I am going to pay for saying this, but we have been lucky and not had it in our house. Of course, now that I have said that I am sure we will all come down with it in the next 24 hours!!

Anyway, just hoping every has a speedy recovery!

For trouble today I'm playing on the internet... trying to avoid 'discovery' by the VP of the company.

Hope your house stays germ free!!!

drummerboy
02-18-2008, 12:54 PM
After a semi warm weekend we are back in the thirties and it's snow flurrying again.

We're still in the sixties after a high of 73 yesterday, but we've had showers.

Ken - WAKE UP!!! There - was that a good enough wake up call for you?

Yes, that was very helpful. I posted a reply earlier, or tried to, but it disappeared into the ether I guess.

Or am I the only one who doesn't get this holiday off?

Our office is open but I took a personal day.

What should I have for lunch?

Jasper
02-18-2008, 12:56 PM
When is 50 million dollars not enough money?

Tink&Goofy
02-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Lysol has beem sprayed.
We can't get over all this ick!

I'm right there with you! Nothing like wasting away a 3 day weekend (well, 4 day, if you count the sick day on friday) being sick and cooped up!

I received the same message yesterday afternoon, so I can confirm Ellen is safely on the boat. Well, I should say ship. Jeanne, who is also sick, scolded me last night for calling the giant vessel in the water a "boat."
I make that same mistake - and been told MANY times - you can put a boat on a ship, but you can't put a ship on a boat! Does that help?

Hey - I resemble that remark! Actually, it wouldn't much matter - because if I didn't have it off as a holiday, I would be taking another sick day. :ill:

I'm hoping later to muster up enough energy, and get enough meds in me, to actually go do something. Do you realize we leave for WDW in 34 days?

pogo
02-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh no you don't..... you can't double team me. It's not fair. Besides.... I'm saving all my :fresh: for Diane ! Here Carol.... let me give you a little :shot:

Just bugging the girls.... want to help ?

I think Intercot should rename the smilie from "Fresh" to "Pogo".. who do we suggest that too?

Aw shucks.... a smiley renamed..... just for me ???? :blush: Thanks Diane. :fresh:

You mean breakfast, don't you ??? Didn't you just get up ??? :shake: You're getting just as bad as whats her name.... you know ... the lady from texas that used to sleep until noon. :D

Beast_fanatic
02-18-2008, 01:22 PM

Actually, hubby works for the city and is not off, and I don't and I am. He was off for MLK day and I wasn't though.

What kind of trouble should I get into today?

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
Where has Blythe been?

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 01:55 PM
So if you don't have any family do you not get the day off? :confused:

Even with no family you still have the day off. Actually what it is they made a holiday to make sure everyone has 9 statutory holidays and not 8. It's nice because being in retail it gives us another day off. For some odd reason the postal service has to work today because they already had 9 days off!!

Oh no you don't..... you can't double team me. It's not fair. Besides.... I'm saving all my :fresh: for Diane ! Here Carol.... let me give you a little :shot:

Aw, you know you love us double teaming you!!! Who else will keep you on your toes?

Book a long vacation to WDW without the DH?

Where has Blythe been?

I was wondering the same thing. She's been awfully quiet without her.

disneydrmr
02-18-2008, 02:42 PM

I already offered you some leftover spaghetti salad... what more could you want?

When is 50 million dollars not enough money?

When you owe 50 million dollars and fifty cents? :D

I make that same mistake - and been told MANY times - you can put a boat on a ship, but you can't put a ship on a boat! Does that help?

Hey - I resemble that remark! Actually, it wouldn't much matter - because if I didn't have it off as a holiday, I would be taking another sick day. :ill:

I'm hoping later to muster up enough energy, and get enough meds in me, to actually go do something. Do you realize we leave for WDW in 34 days?

I've been scolded for the boat/ship issue also. Some of dh's family were in the Navy so you can imagine the scolding I got when I called their ships 'boats'.

Hope you feel better soon! No fun being off sick on a 'holiday'.

Aw shucks.... a smiley renamed..... just for me ???? :blush: Thanks Diane. :fresh:

How sweet. Saving all your raspberries for me! I'm honored.

And yes.. that smilie should be renamed for you! Wonder if the powers that be would agree with me?

Hmmm.... do you want the kind of trouble that gets you into REAL BIG trouble.. or just the kind of trouble that gets you into the 'we're having a heck of a good time' kind of trouble?

disneydeb
02-18-2008, 03:12 PM
:zipped:

:rocker::drummer::tuba::pipes::play:

I'm putting the welcome home band together. Anybody else want to play?

I used to play the trumpet about 30 years ago. Do you think my ombature (sp) has held up?:play:

and

WHERE IS BLYTHE???

Jasper
02-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Just bugging the girls.... want to help ?

OH Drat! Here I have been tied up all day and haven't had the chance to help bug the girls! How about we bug them tomorrow? That gives me more time to get the spiders, flies, and other bugs ready for them.:D:D

When you owe 50 million dollars and fifty cents?

The answer is: When you are Heather Mills McCartney! I think that is her proper name anyway. I heard on the news today that Sir Paul offered 50 million dollars as their divorce settlement and she declined saying that it was not enough for her to live on! Must be a tough life when 50 mil is not enough to live on!!!

drummerboy
02-18-2008, 04:40 PM
The answer is: When you are Heather Mills McCartney! I think that is her proper name anyway. I heard on the news today that Sir Paul offered 50 million dollars as their divorce settlement and she declined saying that it was not enough for her to live on! Must be a tough life when 50 mil is not enough to live on!!!

It's all relative, Jasper. Take me for instance. I could get by on a mere 25 mil. Some other people just live high on the hog don't they? :D

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 05:00 PM
It's all relative, Jasper. Take me for instance. I could get by on a mere 25 mil. Some other people just live high on the hog don't they? :D

I've read where she wants at least 100 mil. Gee, I could handle 25 mil per year I was married to the DH, wouldn't you? And don't forget child support, that's all extra!! Don't you love the greed of some people?

dlpmikki
02-18-2008, 05:02 PM
Strange, I had heard a few days ago that she offered to leave for that much and he didn't want to give it to her. I suspect both are at fault in this divorce but it is a pity there is a child to consider. What do you think will happen?

Tink&Goofy
02-18-2008, 05:04 PM
OH Drat! Here I have been tied up all day and haven't had the chance to help bug the girls! How about we bug them tomorrow? That gives me more time to get the spiders, flies, and other bugs ready for them.:D:D

I already have enough bugs, thank you very much! :ill:

Gee, wouldn't want you to have to scrimp to get by. Me, on the other hand, could get by on the INTEREST on the 25 mil. Course, if you're offering.....

Well I made it out for a short time. DH and I went to the mall - trying to find shorts for the youngest, for our trip. No such luck. So far they have capri's and a few bermudas, but no other shorts. Amazing - I'm actually looking BEFORE they have it in! Then we sat in Starbucks and drank coffee and talked for an hour. Now I'm exhausted. Is it time for my afternoon nap?

Jasper
02-18-2008, 05:06 PM

I've read where she wants at least 100 mil. Gee, I could handle 25 mil per year I was married to the DH, wouldn't you? And don't forget child support, that's all extra!! Don't you love the greed of some people?

Gee, and here I thought I was being greedy asking for a lousy 2 or 3 mil from my wife when she throws me out on my behind!

Speaking of greed, have you heard about the song for dogs? Apparently in New Zealand there is a "recording" out called "A Very Silent Night" that is recorded at a frequency that only dogs can hear. To make things even stranger this tune has now gone to number one in New Zealand!! Apparently people have been calling in to their local radio stations in record numbers requesting this song for their dogs. According to the story I saw the dogs have done everything from going berserk and attacking the radio to laying down and doing nothing.

"WELLINGTON (Reuters) - It's a doggone chartbuster -- a song audible only to dogs has topped New Zealand record charts, and is looking to go global.
ADVERTISEMENT

A Very Silent Night, recorded at a frequency only dogs can hear, was so popular among owners it hit number one at Christmas, but has been receiving mixed responses from listeners.

"The most violent one was a dog that physically attacked the radio when it was played and went quite berserk and totally destroyed it," said Bob Kerridge, chief executive of animal welfare group, the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).

"On the other side of the scale, they just lie down and did nothing." The charity CD, priced at NZ$4.99 ($3.93), contained an instrumental and a vocal version of the song, but Kerridge said he did not know what kind of music dogs would hear.

"Never having heard it myself, I don't what they'll hear and of course I don't know how dogs hear music," he said.

Kerridge added dogs in Australia and the United States could soon have a listen.

Around NZ$22,000 ($17,300) has been raised by the disc's sale.

(Reporting by Kazunori Takada; Editing by David Fox)"

Isn't this just crazy?

disneydeb
02-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Now that we know a bit more about who is giving bugs....
Jasper or Pogo. who gave me the bug?:ill::ack:

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 07:18 PM

That sounds like a plan...I'm at work tomorrow!!!

Now that we know a bit more about who is giving bugs....
Jasper or Pogo. who gave me the bug?:ill::ack:

I think it has to be Pogo, don't you?

disneydeb
02-18-2008, 07:37 PM
That sounds like a plan...I'm at work tomorrow!!!

I think it has to be Pogo, don't you?

yep. Is there any question?

Caroleh
02-18-2008, 07:45 PM
yep. Is there any question?

Questions? What's a question?

trackbarroness
02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
Anyone want a :bar: :bar: :bar: ? Me thinks it was Jasper who did the hugging. :D Now if your just sniffling and have a sore throat then it wasn't either one of them. :D
So who else had a magical day today?

Beast_fanatic
02-18-2008, 09:07 PM
We had beef steak potato scallop casserole for dinner tonight, and I ate too much of it. :sick: No wonder I never make it any more.

Is tomorrow a required work day?

trackbarroness
02-18-2008, 09:14 PM
We had beef steak potato scallop casserole for dinner tonight, and I ate too much of it. :sick: No wonder I never make it any more.

Is tomorrow a required work day?

Dinner sounds yummy do you have left overs Ronda? :D
Yeah sorry Rhonda it is. Do I have to get up so early to get ready for work? :D Okay tomorrow is my Friday even though it's Tuesday. :D
At least I don't have to do land wipe down tomorrow morning. Lolol

pogo
02-18-2008, 09:20 PM
OK..... I've got to ask..... what is a land wipe down ?? :D

BronxTigger
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Do I want to know what "Land wipe down" is?

Tink&Goofy
02-18-2008, 10:21 PM
What a beautiful day today! I think it was close to 60 degrees! So I had this great idea to grill steak for dinner. Unfortunately, once the sun went down, it dropped quickly, and the wind came up, so DH was standing out in a parka, tending to the steaks! But they were yummy! And the rain is scheduled to return tomorrow....

Back to work tomorrow. I am feeling slightly better, but wear really thin by late afternoon.
Anyone want my glass of wine? I really don't want to mix all those cold meds with it - and I'd hate to see it go to waste! :blush:

Beast_fanatic
02-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Anyone want my glass of wine? I really don't want to mix all those cold meds with it - and I'd hate to see it go to waste! :blush:

So why did you pour it? :confused:

drummerboy
02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
OK..... I've got to ask..... what is a land wipe down ?? :D
Didn't you know? That's what you do when you're not doing a sky wipe down. :D

disneydeb
02-19-2008, 06:33 AM
Anyone else notice how T&G didn't post after she offered that poured glass of wine?

I think she must hve drunk it and gone straght to sleep!:cloud9:

A wipe down is the opposite from a wipe up!:D

With my dear grandson Gage, I know all too well what a baby wipe up is....;)

By the way, he took his first steps ... walking between his mom and his Aunt Amy last night,
precious memories!:thumbsup:

pogo
02-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Good morning all....
busy day today so in case I don't get back until later..... Here's a :fresh: for Diane and for Carol, a :shot: .

Anyone want my glass of wine? I really don't want to mix all those cold meds with it - and I'd hate to see it go to waste!
:drama: Well...... drugs and drinking can have an effect on how you sleep, amongst other things..... Did she drink it or not ??? ...... Did she go to sleep...... Did she stay up all night singing romantic love songs to her dog off key..... Stay tuned to find out ! :D

So why did you pour it?
Yeah.... why did you pour it ?? :confused:

Didn't you know? That's what you do when you're not doing a sky wipe down.
:doh: I should have known that.

By the way, he took his first steps ... walking between his mom and his Aunt Amy last night,
When ever I hear somebody talk about a child doing something for the first time I think of the song, "Turn around." Remember that ? :D

Caroleh
02-19-2008, 08:11 AM

Oh, Deb!!! That is so exciting!!! Don't you just love those firsts? and then you regret it when they are walking all over the place getting into everything? :D

Good morning all....
busy day today so in case I don't get back until later..... Here's a :fresh: for Diane and for Carol, a :shot: .

Thanks, Buddy!!! and, oh :fresh:

Off to work today!! I wonder what kind of troulbe I can get in to...wait, I'm the boss!! :D

disneydrmr
02-19-2008, 08:26 AM
Morning Everyone! It's freezing out there this AM. Both my car doors were frozen shut. I think I bruised myself trying to get into my car to go to work. Was so frazzled by it that I am not sure if my one doggie went potty or not - if he didn't then there's probably gonna be an accident to clean up when I get home... and I'm not even sure if I turned the tv off when I left. Hope this ain't a sign of things to come today.

Good morning all....

Morning Pogo! :fresh:

A wipe down is the opposite from a wipe up!:D

With my dear grandson Gage, I know all too well what a baby wipe up is....;)

precious memories!

As long as no one is talking about a land wipe OUT I think we are safe.

How sweet and wonderful that he's taking his first steps! I hope you got lots and lots of pictures and home video!!!

Off to work today!! I wonder what kind of troulbe I can get in to...wait, I'm the boss!! :D

Sooo... are you confirming my belief that a BOSS is NEVER the one in trouble.. that everything gets blamed on the underlings???

drummerboy
02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
Sooo... are you confirming my belief that a BOSS is NEVER the one in trouble.. that everything gets blamed on the underlings???
My secretary and I tend to bounce the blame back and forth for 'lost' files.

How's Tuesday shaping up for everybody? (Excluding those who started the day with frozen doors)

disneydrmr
02-19-2008, 08:38 AM
How's Tuesday shaping up for everybody? (Excluding those who started the day with frozen doors)

DISCRIMINATION!!!!! Call my lawyer!!! Call the news!!!! I'm being discriminated against for having frozen doors... :D

So... how much do you think I can get for this type of discrimination suit? Should I go for a million cookies? Or maybe a million cartons of mint chocolate chip ice cream?

Mickey'sGirl
02-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Don't you just love those firsts? and then you regret it when they are walking all over the place getting into everything? :DBefore Euan started walking, everyone used to say.... "Is he for real?" He's soooo good just sitting there and smiling. Then he started walking, and I haven't sat down since!!!!

Congrats to Gage, Deb! :party:

My secretary and I tend to bounce the blame back and forth for 'lost' files.My boss and I fight over who gets to take the blame...for anything.

Is it icey everywhere today? We had a ton of rain on Sunday, and now its way cold again, so we have these huge frozen globs all over the place. Rather dicey icey.

drummerboy
02-19-2008, 09:14 AM
DISCRIMINATION!!!!! Call my lawyer!!! Call the news!!!! I'm being discriminated against for having frozen doors... :D

So... how much do you think I can get for this type of discrimination suit? Should I go for a million cookies? Or maybe a million cartons of mint chocolate chip ice cream?
Okay, that would make you a member of AWFD (Americans With Frozen Doors) and you'll have to take part in their class action suit. Your total comensation package will consist of a pack of stale cookie crumbs and a spoonful of melted mint chocolate chip ice cream (the green kind) sent to you in a plain brown wrapper with postage due. Congratulations. :D:thedolls:

I'm glad I ate breakfast before I left for work. When I climbed into my car, a man about my age went jogging by wearing full-length spandex pants. :sick: What made it funnier is the other guy about my age who drove past in his pickup smoking a big stogie.

I really need a question here. Anybody got a spare?

offwego
02-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Ken a spare what? Tire?Dime?Coffee?

Hope you all had a good Monday..mine was nice.

DS mostly played video's though...it was one of those I'll get around to hanging with you Mom sooner or later days.

Sigh..see you all later.

Jared
02-19-2008, 12:39 PM
Where is everybody today? Nobody has posted in almost three hours. Have we actually run out of questions?

I'm in a good mood today because yesterday I made my dining reservations for my trip in May. Over the weekend, my mother admitted she was dying to return to Disney. I e-mailed Karen, and now we have a reservation at the Beach Club from May 22-26.

:D

offwego
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Where is everybody today? Nobody has posted in almost three hours. Have we actually run out of questions?

I'm in a good mood today because yesterday I made my dining reservations for my trip in May. Over the weekend, my mother admitted she was dying to return to Disney. I e-mailed Karen, and now we have a reservation at the Beach Club from May 22-26.

Jared that's wonderful! Have you been to beach club before? That pool in may would be fantastic.

Tink&Goofy
02-19-2008, 01:06 PM
:drama: Well...... drugs and drinking can have an effect on how you sleep, amongst other things..... Did she drink it or not ??? ...... Did she go to sleep...... Did she stay up all night singing romantic love songs to her dog off key..... Stay tuned to find out ! :D

I know, you don't really care much what I did - you really want to know about the wine, right? No, I didn't drink it (but DH took care of it for me!). And no, I don't have a dog....

I'm glad I ate breakfast before I left for work. When I climbed into my car, a man about my age went jogging by wearing full-length spandex pants. :sick:
What was Pogo doing down in your neck of the woods? :D So Ken, did it change your mind about taking up jogging?

Well I'm home again today. Just not back to even 80% yet. I knew if I went in to work, I would be home by midday. So I'm relaxing with my kitties - and doing something I never do - watching movies by myself! I never get that luxury - so its a treat!

Jared
02-19-2008, 01:10 PM
I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort, and May will be my first time. What's so special about the pool? We usually stay at the Polynesian.

offwego
02-19-2008, 01:19 PM
I've always wanted to stay at an Epcot resort, and May will be my first time. What's so special about the pool? We usually stay at the Polynesian.

The pool at yacht & beach club is just about the best we've ever done. (we stayed at yacht club for one night just to check it out my son is a wee bit of a pool nut)

It's got sand bottom in places, a whirpool/current thing, a lazy riverish spot, a huge slide that has you coming out of a pirate ship type deal) and all in all I think is almost an acre. Now for many many sentimental reasons I love the poly pool area. (I can still picture my grandparents there clear as day I tell ya!) but this was hands down just amazing.

Have I gushed enough yet?

drummerboy
02-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Great! Hope you have a wonderful time. We just got Allegiant air at our local airport and they'll be making nonstop flights to Orlando, so DW and I may be able to take a short trip some time without the RV. We'll see.

What was Pogo doing down in your neck of the woods? :D So Ken, did it change your mind about taking up jogging?
Didn't change my mind at all. I still refuse to do it. :D

How's the day been treating everybody? Doors thawed yet and all that?

disneydrmr
02-19-2008, 04:09 PM
Everyone's so quiet today.

Have we run out of cookies and coffee? Maybe that's why everyone's so quiet.. no sugar/caffeine rush....

Tink&Goofy
02-19-2008, 04:24 PM
A total lazy day - just what the doctor ordered! I'm actually watching "Mr & Mrs Smith". Has anyone seen this before? Its great!

Should have been at work today - supposed to find out for sure if my March conflict has cleared. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Anyone else around?

Jasper
02-19-2008, 05:18 PM

Have we run out of cookies and coffee? Maybe that's why everyone's so quiet.. no sugar/caffeine rush....

Well, in my case it was a matter of my wife keeping me on a short leash today! Things have just been crazy at her costume store so I have been helping her out there as I can with my back and all that. So can I catch up on my bugging of all you fine ladies tomorrow?

Jared
02-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Is it possible we just all miss Ellen? Maybe she's the driving force of our absurd questioning.

MauiMouse
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM

Congratulations Jared. I've always wanted to stay at the Beach Club. I hope you and your family enjoys your stay.

Okay, that would make you a member of AWFD (Americans With Frozen Doors) and you'll have to take part in their class action suit. Your total comensation package will consist of a pack of stale cookie crumbs and a spoonful of melted mint chocolate chip ice cream (the green kind) sent to you in a plain brown wrapper with postage due. Congratulations. :D:thedolls:

Might have to join this class action suit, as it's the same thing here. Frozen doors and frozen roads too. Anything else you can do for this problem?

Is it icey everywhere today? We had a ton of rain on Sunday, and now its way cold again, so we have these huge frozen globs all over the place. Rather dicey icey.

It's really icey dicey around here, went down to get my hair cut and those north-south roads were a mess with that wind and snow squaws. It took me 1hour 10 minutes to get somewhere it would have normally been only 40 minutes.

Oh and does everyone else have those lovely huge and I mean huge potholes all over the place? It's a mess big time.

When is Spring?

Caroleh
02-19-2008, 07:14 PM

What? us blame it on our staff? Never!!! Unless your name is Pogo!! :D

I'm glad I ate breakfast before I left for work. When I climbed into my car, a man about my age went jogging by wearing full-length spandex pants.

Oh, Pogo came to visit you, huh? I think Alex might have sent him to let you see the outfits for the band!!!

Oh and does everyone else have those lovely huge and I mean huge potholes all over the place? It's a mess big time.

When is Spring?

Do you mean those things in roads that are swallowing semi's?

Natazu
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM
I used to play the trumpet about 30 years ago. Do you think my ombature (sp) has held upis that how you spell that? I've always been afraid to try.

Okay, that would make you a member of AWFD (Americans With Frozen Doors) and you'll have to take part in their class action suit. I think that's a qualifying disability under the ADA. Still won't get you into Disney on a Segway though.

disneydeb
02-19-2008, 07:39 PM
When ever I hear somebody talk about a child doing something for the first time I think of the song, "Turn around." Remember that ? :D

Are you trying to make me cry?

Jared congratulations on getting your resort finalized. I always wanted to go to Beach Club.:thumbsup:

Is Blythe MIA?

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 08:06 PM
Is it possible we just all miss Ellen? Maybe she's the driving force of our absurd questioning.

Perhaps.

There's a huge pothole on a street near here. They even "filled it in" today. I say that with "" because the didn't even get all of it. Do you think they ran out of fill material?

There was a sinkhole in I-25 near downtown Denver last week. The thing was HUGE. I'll be you can google image some photos.

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 08:08 PM
P.S. Blythe's profile says her last online activity here on Intercot was at 5:01pm today. So, she's around. But why is she not HERE? :(

BLYTHE WE MISS YOU!!

Caroleh
02-19-2008, 08:34 PM
P.S. Blythe's profile says her last online activity here on Intercot was at 5:01pm today. So, she's around. But why is she not HERE? :(

BLYTHE WE MISS YOU!!

I'm going to be optimistic and say, maybe the girls need the computer and she's given it up for them and she's probably working on the no computer floor...but Blythe, we miss you!!! Where are you?

pogo
02-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Congratulations ! Wish I was going. :(

What was Pogo doing down in your neck of the woods?

:shake:

I've been busy..... sorry. Did you miss me or the :fresh: ?

Oh, Pogo came to visit you, huh? I think Alex might have sent him to let you see the outfits for the band!!!

:shake:

Are you trying to make me cry?
Not at all Sis...... sorry. I just find that song is so true. :)

I'm going to be optimistic and say, maybe the girls need the computer and she's given it up for them and she's probably working on the no computer floor...but Blythe, we miss you!!! Where are you?
Maybe she just needs a break. Blythe does work a lot of long hours and being a Mom on top of it...... I don't know how she does it.

We are all missing you, Neighbor. :hug:

trackbarroness
02-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Okay :D Land wipe down is :D where you wipe off the excessive water from tables chairs benches. It's for park opening we do this. :D So how was/is everybodies Tuesday going so far? :D
Have a magical night

pogo
02-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Okay :D Land wipe down is :D where you wipe off the excessive water from tables chairs benches. It's for park opening we do this.
OK......... have you had an lot of excessive water lately ?? :D

Tink&Goofy
02-19-2008, 09:37 PM
I'm actually feeling a bit better this evening - if the throbbing in my head would just quit.
Tonight we are watching Ratatouille. I've not seen it before, and truth be told, doesn't really peak my interest - but I was out voted. Sure glad I got to watch MY movies today! :blush:

Deb - take lots of video of Gage and his first steps - then you can relive it anytime!

Blythe - We miss you! I know you burn the candle at both ends like I do - hope everything is OK?

Pogo - here's a hug :hug:

Ken - I'm with you. No chance of the jogging OR the spandex!

Guess I have to face the real world and go back to work tomorrow. I will find out if I will need to make any changes to my March trip. Keep your fingers crossed!

Anyone have any chocolate? My sweet tooth is going crazy again (as usual). :blush:

drummerboy
02-19-2008, 09:50 PM

You mean one of these (http://www.deerbrooknorth.info/2007/09/i-know-i-complain-that-neighborhood.html)?

Beast_fanatic
02-19-2008, 11:27 PM
My throat is a little scratchy. Who forgot to spray the Lysol before they typed?

disneydeb
02-19-2008, 11:31 PM
I sprayed! Hugs to all around!

Have you hugged your cyber family today?

pogo
02-20-2008, 07:32 AM
Good morning all..... real cold up here on the North Coast this morning. :freeze:

Today will be an office day as the two appointments I had today both needed to reschedule to next week, but I don't mind. That means I get to crack the whip on the office today ! Doesn't it sound like fun ?? :thumbsup: I love being the boss. :D

My throat is a little scratchy. Who forgot to spray the Lysol before they typed?
I spray every day ! :D I hope you don't get the crud everybody else has gotten.

I sprayed! Hugs to all around!

Have you hugged your cyber family today?
Not yet but here goes..... :grouphug:

Hope you all have a wonderful day.... and here's to you Diane :fresh: And Carol :shot:

See you later. :D

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm actually feeling a bit better this evening - if the throbbing in my head would just quit.

Is it a migraine? The only thing that seems to help my migraines lately is to drink ice water. LOTS of ice water. And put a cold pack on your forehead. And lay down in the dark. Hope that helps some!

What's everybody up to today?

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Has anyone seen the news? Stitch is coming!

Something is FALLING OUT OF SPACE....and it's heading towards Hawaii! Sound familiar??

drummerboy
02-20-2008, 08:32 AM
Speaking of things in the sky, is anybody planning to watchthe lunar eclipse tonight? Assuming it isn't covered by snow clouds in your part of the country.

Dsnygirl
02-20-2008, 09:11 AM
:hi: Hi guys -- just zooping in before friends come over.... I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long!! Thanks for missing me, though.... I've missed being on here, too!! :hug: I've lurked a bit, just to be sure I knew what was going on... but never had time to sit down and chat. :( All your comments made me smile... and I needed it!! Thanks!! :D

It's just been a tad bit crazy around here.... last week, the girls were sick off & on and then I came down with whatever bus hit T&G over the weekend... on top of it, I had to work, my MIL was here and we had all sorts of paperwork and details re: the the house to deal with so we could get an offer submitted. :crazy: But - I'm feeling a bit better, the girls are well, the offer should get submitted today and I don't have to go back to work 'til Friday... so all is well!! I've got a friend coming over to scrapbook today (with 4 little girls in her car, too... did I really say all is well??? ;)) so it should be a fun day.

I'll hopefully find time to scroll back and catch up later, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone.... :pixie: to all who need it and a big :grouphug: to everyone... you're all the best!!

Dsnygirl
02-20-2008, 09:13 AM
Oh - and just for Alex.... 29 days till spring!!! :D

(how do you put a question in with that??? :))

alpro2
02-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Oh - and just for Alex.... 29 days till spring!!! :D

I was just going to post this question. Thank you Blythe!

Had to wake up this morning at 3:30 to take Maria to the airport. She has(d) a 6:15 flight to Ft. Myers (visiting her folks in Naples). Went back to sleep around 6:30, but can you guess how I feel? :coffee:

MauiMouse
02-20-2008, 09:26 AM
You mean one of these (http://www.deerbrooknorth.info/2007/09/i-know-i-complain-that-neighborhood.html)?

Yup, that is what it about feels like when you hit these things.

Good morning all..... real cold up here on the North Coast this morning. :freeze:

Today will be an office day as the two appointments I had today both needed to reschedule to next week, but I don't mind. That means I get to crack the whip on the office today ! Doesn't it sound like fun ?? :thumbsup: I love being the boss. :D

It's freezing over here too, only like 6 degrees right now. It can't stay like this for too much longer correct? That sun is rising higher and higher right?

Have a good day at the office today pogo. I get another day off, going to do laundry. How fun is that? Then maybe go out a little later and see what the world has to offer.

Did anyone else just watch the shuttle come back down to earth? I always think that is amazing to watch.

Have a good day all!

drummerboy
02-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Did anyone else just watch the shuttle come back down to earth? I always think that is amazing to watch.
I just happened to catch the fact that it was down safely as I was passing a television in our lobby. I remember when the first one landed--I think almost everybody was glued to their sets for that one.

How's Wednesday treating everybody?

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 09:54 AM
:hi: Hi guys -- just zooping in before friends come over.... I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long!! Thanks for missing me, though.... I've missed being on here, too!! :hug: I've lurked a bit, just to be sure I knew what was going on... but never had time to sit down and chat. :( All your comments made me smile... and I needed it!! Thanks!! :D

It's just been a tad bit crazy around here.... last week, the girls were sick off & on and then I came down with whatever bus hit T&G over the weekend... on top of it, I had to work, my MIL was here and we had all sorts of paperwork and details re: the the house to deal with so we could get an offer submitted. :crazy: But - I'm feeling a bit better, the girls are well, the offer should get submitted today and I don't have to go back to work 'til Friday... so all is well!! I've got a friend coming over to scrapbook today (with 4 little girls in her car, too... did I really say all is well??? ;)) so it should be a fun day.

I'll hopefully find time to scroll back and catch up later, but I just wanted to say hi to everyone.... :pixie: to all who need it and a big :grouphug: to everyone... you're all the best!!

Oh, I just KNEW you were busy and not intentionally ignoring us! I'm glad to hear from you! I hope you can get the house! And have fun scrapbooking! What are you working on today? A Disney trip?

My Wednesday is going okay. I am working on sorting through EIGHT boxes of photos to sort them to prepare them for scrapbooking. Some won't get scrapbooked, but they at least need to be sorted into the photo boxes. Everything is just thrown in together. It's very tedious, but it's bringing back some great memories. I found my 1992 WDW photos...my Hoop De Do ticket was $17!

trackbarroness
02-20-2008, 10:17 AM
Mom and I are planning on visiting one of the parks with "curly" so which park shall we visit today? :D
The parks get hosed down during the night so that's really why we need to do try to dry off the tables, chairs, benches.
I'm glad I only get to do land wipe down twice a week. Lolol

pogo
02-20-2008, 10:23 AM

Something is FALLING OUT OF SPACE....and it's heading towards Hawaii! Sound familiar??
Oh I hope not ! Isn't this the satellite we were gonig to shot down today ??

:hi: Hi guys -- just zooping in before friends come over.... I'm sorry I've been MIA for so long!! Thanks for missing me, though.... I've missed being on here, too!! :hug: I've lurked a bit, just to be sure I knew what was going on... but never had time to sit down and chat. All your comments made me smile... and I needed it!! Thanks!!

As long as we know you are all OK, that's all that matters.

:hi: Julia

:hi: Emma

I miss you guys.

Had to wake up this morning at 3:30 to take Maria to the airport. She has(d) a 6:15 flight to Ft. Myers (visiting her folks in Naples). Went back to sleep around 6:30, but can you guess how I feel?
With your hands ! :D

It's freezing over here too, only like 6 degrees right now. It can't stay like this for too much longer correct? That sun is rising higher and higher right?

Have a good day at the office today pogo. I get another day off, going to do laundry. How fun is that? Then maybe go out a little later and see what the world has to offer.

Today should be interesting. I have let the office run itself for the last month or so. They've done a good job here and I'm proud of them. I've ordered Pizza and wings for lunch for them.

Ask me that at around 4:30 this afternoon. :D

I found my 1992 WDW photos...my Hoop De Do ticket was $17!
Wow.... you are older than I thought you were. :D

disneydrmr
02-20-2008, 10:23 AM

YEAH!!!! :stitch: I knew Stitch couldn't be without me for long.. though he does need to recalculate his directions a bit..

Speaking of things in the sky, is anybody planning to watchthe lunar eclipse tonight? Assuming it isn't covered by snow clouds in your part of the country.

I'll be in bed by then I'm sure... and we are expecting snow, freezing rain, etc.. so it most likely won't be visible 'round my part of the world.

Had to wake up this morning at 3:30 to take Maria to the airport. She has(d) a 6:15 flight to Ft. Myers (visiting her folks in Naples). Went back to sleep around 6:30, but can you guess how I feel? :coffee:

She went to Naples and left you behind in the freezing New York winter, unable to do anything because of your back? Hmmm... smart girl! :D

Mine's been very busy with calling all the schools to make sure someone is in the building to accept their deliveries. These snow days are always 'fun'... wasn't much fun driving in either...

Hope everyone else is having a great day!
Blythe - glad to see you around - was worried about you and missing you!

And Pogo... :fresh:

HEY! There's some new smilies! :party2::vacuum::laundry2:

pogo
02-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Mom and I are planning on visiting one of the parks with "curly" so which park shall we visit today?
Who's Curley ???? nyuk, yuk, yuk ! :D

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 11:19 AM

Wow.... you are older than I thought you were. :D

Yes to the satellite. But it just reminded me of Stitch landing in Hawaii. Much more interesting. Of course, the thought of a dangerous satellite hurtling towards the Earth is a bit interesting in its own right, I suppose. Don't you think?

You've never read my signature? The first trip on there is 1992! I was in 5th grade then. My first actual Disney trip was to Disneyland in 1987...Kindergarten!

dlpmikki
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh dear, what have I done? I was just trying to organise my fonts better and now Intercot and gmail have rather drastically changed fonts! Does anyone know what the normal font on Intercot is? I could try and reinstall it if I knew which it was!

On a more positive note I got an email this morning about Figaro cel (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2278799467_dccf19bdcc_o.jpg)(well several believe it or not but just one I was interested in) for sale. Rang the dealer straight away and then had to wait until he could contact the seller over your direction but upshot is that one was still available so it should shortly be coming to the UK and then to our home! :cloud9:

disneydrmr
02-20-2008, 12:21 PM
On a more positive note I got an email this morning about Figaro cel (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2278799467_dccf19bdcc_o.jpg)(well several believe it or not but just one I was interested in) for sale. Rang the dealer straight away and then had to wait until he could contact the seller over your direction but upshot is that one was still available so it should shortly be coming to the UK and then to our home! :cloud9:

Oh Mikki! That is adorable!!!! I'm so happy for you that they had one available! Did they say when you should have it in your hands?

pogo
02-20-2008, 12:25 PM
You've never read my signature? The first trip on there is 1992! I was in 5th grade then. My first actual Disney trip was to Disneyland in 1987...Kindergarten!
Oops..... busted !:blush:

Oh dear, what have I done? I was just trying to organise my fonts better and now Intercot and gmail have rather drastically changed fonts! Does anyone know what the normal font on Intercot is? I could try and reinstall it if I knew which it was!

On a more positive note I got an email this morning about Figaro cel (http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2294/2278799467_dccf19bdcc_o.jpg)(well several believe it or not but just one I was interested in) for sale. Rang the dealer straight away and then had to wait until he could contact the seller over your direction but upshot is that one was still available so it should shortly be coming to the UK and then to our home! :cloud9:Sorry.... can't help you with the fonts, Dutchess. Maybe you should contact a Moderator about that. ;)

Do you always get this excited about a cartoon cat ??? :D

Oh and Diane...... :fresh:

disneydrmr
02-20-2008, 12:47 PM

Oh and Diane...... :fresh:

Hey Pogo.. don't you have a duck you should be doing publicity for? :fresh:

dlpmikki
02-20-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh Mikki! That is adorable!!!! I'm so happy for you that they had one available! Did they say when you should have it in your hands?
Hopefully will get to this country in a couple of weeks. Then we have to choose a frame etc. I can't wait! :D

Over this one, yes :fresh: Didn't you know that already? ;)

trackbarroness
02-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Who's Curley ???? nyuk, yuk, yuk ! :D

:D Curly is a webkinz he's a little piglet.
Do you supppose these critters get lonely? Do you think we need to adopt a brother or sister for him? :D
Mikki that's so awesome :)
Oh Mikki if there's enough people attending the meet perhaps we could order the "kitchen sink"? Lolol
I'll try to talk Pirategal into going to a gasp Disney meet. lolol

pogo
02-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Hey Pogo.. don't you have a duck you should be doing publicity for?
Nope.... he does it himself. :D

Over this one, yes Didn't you know that already?
I'd hate to see how excited you'd get when you were down double match point to me. You do know what that is, don't you ?? :tennis:

Curly is a webkinz he's a little piglet.
Do you supppose these critters get lonely? Do you think we need to adopt a brother or sister for him?
Mikki that's so awesome
Oh Mikki if there's enough people attending the meet perhaps we could order the "kitchen sink"? Lolol
I'll try to talk Pirategal into going to a gasp Disney meet. lolol
Oh man..... another grown woman playing with a stuffed toy ??? :faint: And here I thought you were somewhat normal. :shake:

The next thing you'll tell me is that Diane :fresh: plays with a stuffed Stitch.

Hey, anybody want some pizza ??? :pizza: I guess we ordered too much. :D

disneydrmr
02-20-2008, 02:45 PM
Oh man..... another grown woman playing with a stuffed toy ??? :faint: And here I thought you were somewhat normal. :shake:

The next thing you'll tell me is that Diane :fresh: plays with a stuffed Stitch.

Hey, anybody want some pizza ??? :pizza: I guess we ordered too much. :D

:fresh: Not ONLY stuffed Stitches (I have around 12 or so at last count).. but I also play with Webkinz (I'm up to about 12 or 13 of them also!) so :fresh:....

I'll take some pizza please! Do you have any plain cheese?

Sandy - yes - the Webkinz do get lonely so yes you should adopt a brother or sister for him! My sister just bought me the kangaroo and he's adorable!!!

MauiMouse
02-20-2008, 02:54 PM

Today should be interesting. I have let the office run itself for the last month or so. They've done a good job here and I'm proud of them. I've ordered Pizza and wings for lunch for them.

Is that or was that today with the satellite? I knew it was coming but didn't know exactly when.

How nice to order Pizza and wings for your crew. How many people do you have working for you?

Get this I actually went into work on my day off. Yup, up and took off. I'm dedicated aren't I? Well there is a method to my madness. A couple things might happen next week and I need to prepare.

Pogo, send some of that left over pizza my way. In my haste leaving the house I forgot my driver license, credit cards and most importantly $. Hope that I don't get stopped on my way home. Not good. :drive: :cop:

pogo
02-20-2008, 03:25 PM
I'll take some pizza please! Do you have any plain cheese?

Sure thing.......... how many pieces do you want ?? :confused:

How nice to order Pizza and wings for your crew. How many people do you have working for you?

Pogo, send some of that left over pizza my way. In my haste leaving the house I forgot my driver license, credit cards and most importantly $. Hope that I don't get stopped on my way home. Not good.
Two slices of pepperoni on it's way !
It depends on who you talk too.... sometimes five and sometimes seven working. Funny... we had about ten people here today and I had to fight to get mine. :boxing:

Today it was three pizzas.... one cheese, one pepperoni, and one loaded. Also four dozen wings, two mild, two hot. One huge Antipasta and three bottles of Coke, one was diet.

So..... does anyone want to buy any insurance so I can afford to pay my Buddy for delivering today ??? :D Come on Diane... how about you ?? :fresh:

dlpmikki
02-20-2008, 03:35 PM
I'd hate to see how excited you'd get when you were down double match point to me. You do know what that is, don't you ?? :tennis:

Something that will never happen? :thedolls: I guess I could have 6 match points against you but I don't think I would let you get to a tie break stage! :D

Hey Mary - did you know that there is some kind of event going on at Animal Kingdom on 22 April for its 10th Anniversary?

disneydrmr
02-20-2008, 03:44 PM
Sure thing.......... how many pieces do you want ?? :confused:

Today it was three pizzas.... one cheese, one pepperoni, and one loaded. Also four dozen wings, two mild, two hot. One huge Antipasta and three bottles of Coke, one was diet.

So..... does anyone want to buy any insurance so I can afford to pay my Buddy for delivering today ??? :D Come on Diane... how about you ?? :fresh:

Let's see... send me all the leftover Cheese pizza that you have.. and some mild wings.. and some antipasta.. and a diet coke.. cause you do remember that I'm on a diet - don't you? :D

I already carry Aflac insurance. And it's paid off quite nicely! :fresh:

pogo
02-20-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey Mary - did you know that there is some kind of event going on at Animal Kingdom on 22 April for its 10th Anniversary?
Are you really trying to make me feel bad about NOT being at WDW in April as planned ??? :pout:

Let's see... send me all the leftover Cheese pizza that you have.. and some mild wings.. and some antipasta.. and a diet coke.. cause you do remember that I'm on a diet - don't you?
OK..... you asked for it. I just packaged it up. How many days do you think it will take if I send it Parcel Post ??? Do you think it will smell bad by the time it gets there ?? :fresh: Got to run if I'm making it to the post office before they close tonight ! :D

BronxTigger
02-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Did you know that there is some kind of event going on at Animal Kingdom on 22 April for its 10th Anniversary?

Ooooh! I'm going to Disney on April 22. Do you think it matters that I'm going to DisneyLAND on April 22? :D

No matter, I'm soooooo excited to go!

MauiMouse
02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Two slices of pepperoni on it's way !
It depends on who you talk too.... sometimes five and sometimes seven working. Funny... we had about ten people here today and I had to fight to get mine. :boxing:

Okay, that had me laughing here. I can just see it now, people off the street coming in for free pizza by pogo. And Antipasta. Yum city. Do you think that will wilt before you can ship some out?

I told Jim that I wanted to be over there on the 22nd. Are you and Andrew going to be there? It should be interesting and probably a lot of people too.

Are you really trying to make me feel bad about NOT being at WDW in April as planned ??? :pout:

We promise to take pictures. :D

Tink&Goofy
02-20-2008, 08:44 PM

Yah, but aren't they going to shoot it out of the sky? Why can't they shoot the real Stitch, and get it over with?

:hi: Hi guys -- just zooping in before friends come over....
:hi: Hi Blythe! Glad to see you back!! And I take NO responsibility for the "crud" that was going around. I kept my germs to myself, I promise!

I wanna work for you! :D

So..... does anyone want to buy any insurance so I can afford to pay my Buddy for delivering today ??? :D
So whats ya got? Got any specials going on? You know 30% off, 2 for 1, etc?

What a difference a day makes. I'm feeling SOOOO much better today! :)
A pretty productive and rewarding day at work, too! ;)
And my conflict for March is GONE - so our vacation is a go!

pogo
02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
Okay, that had me laughing here. I can just see it now, people off the street coming in for free pizza by pogo. And Antipasta. Yum city. Do you think that will wilt before you can ship some out?

We promise to take pictures.
Too late..... I mailed the leftovers to Diane.

Take lots of pictures for me, OK ? :(

I wanna work for you!

So whats ya got? Got any specials going on? You know 30% off, 2 for 1, etc?

I don't think I could afford you ! :shake:

You come to New York and I'll show you specials. :thumbsup:

:hug: I'm so glad you your trip is a go ! You deserve it. Relax and enjoy your family. :D

Going to bed..... nitey, nite..... :sleepin:

drummerboy
02-20-2008, 11:02 PM
So much for the eclipse. The sky got too cloudy. did anybody get to see it?

Tink&Goofy
02-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Yep! Its a picture perfect clear evening - and we all went outside to see it. It mid-way in the sky in the east. Kind of an strange reddish color. Real cool!

Just got back from a quick trip to the store for necessities - you know, milk, donuts, wine. :blush: Anyone want some?

Beast_fanatic
02-20-2008, 11:25 PM

No snow clouds here, but rain clouds instead. I did see a bit of it on TV broadcast from Florida!

A couple things might happen next week and I need to prepare.

Anything good?

:yay:

disneydeb
02-21-2008, 06:48 AM
T&G

Congratulations Tell the girls "hi" for me. Have fun.

Pogo.

You must be a great boss!

About the eclipse... is it alwys dark on the other side of the moon?

pogo
02-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Good morning all.... Well, we shot down :stitch2:and the satelite ! Blew him right out of the sky, so today is going to be a great day ! Right Diane ?? :fresh:

You must be a great boss!
Aw shucks.... I try. :blush: But don't take a vote here on a normal day. :shake:

See you all a little later. :D

alpro2
02-21-2008, 08:18 AM
How come it snows when practically everybody I know is down in Florida on vacation? Expecting snow here tomorrow. Do you think I can leave the snow for Maria to shovel when she gets back on Monday? Oooooh, my aching back! :thedolls:

Mickey'sGirl
02-21-2008, 08:32 AM
So much for the eclipse. The sky got too cloudy. did anybody get to see it?We did -- Brian even woke Harry up for it. Very cool. It is so cold here that the skies were really clear and compliant!

Alex -- I think it is fair to leave the snow for Maria. She probably missed it with all that sun and sand and everything...... :thedolls:

:hi: Hey Cousin! Did you save any of the wheel for me?

Morning everyone!

offwego
02-21-2008, 09:02 AM
morning all. I'm sick now so who has the lysol again?

I won't really be around but wanted to say a quick hi!

Jasper
02-21-2008, 11:04 AM

We got out to see it last night shortly before it clouded up and brought us even MORE ICE!!!:mad::mad:

Anyway, the eclipse was a lot of fun. The last time we had a solar eclipse my now 11 year old son and I went out and did the hole in the paper routine to watch that eclipse which really is not that much fun after about the first 15 seconds or so. But since you can look directly at the moon during a lunar eclipse it is really neat.

During a solar eclipse the moon actually blocks our view of the sun. During a lunar eclipse the earth is actually doing the blocking between the sun and moon so what you are actually seeing on the face of the moon is the earth's shadow. Because of the way the sun filters through the earth's atmosphere and strikes the moon during the lunar eclipse you actually get all kinds of neat colors on the face of the moon. The only down side is that it ended about three hours past my son's bedtime so it was a bit tough getting him up this morning.

However, I just heard on the radio that schools are dismissing at 11:30 because we are getting yet another ice storm so he can come home and sleep.

Did anyone see the picture of the new Devil Rays baseball stadium with the roof closed? If you haven't it is worth looking up on the internet because it really looks cool. It is made of some type of translucent fabric that when in the closed position is suppose to look like a boat sail. If they can keep it from blowing away in a stiff wind it is really going to be a great look for a Florida coastal town!

Jasper
02-21-2008, 11:19 AM
About the eclipse... is it alwys dark on the other side of the moon?

Yes, the moon does not spin on it's axis as the earth does so the same side of the moon is always facing the earth and the sun which means the other side of the moon is always in shadow. When astronauts first circled the moon they had no idea what to expect the other side of the moon to really look like. They actually expected that it would have received the same kind of bombardment by asteroids and as a result would be pockmarked like our side is. Thus they were very surprised when they found that the dark side of the moon is VERY smooth compared to our side. From that they have deduced that asteroids must have flown through space in a regular direction over the many millennia.

Speaking of space, did anyone hear that the navy shot down that satellite that was out of control? According to the news release they are not seeing anything larger than a football floating around up there. I realize the satellite was the size of a car but to hit a car with rocket that was only about 5 feet around and 10 feet long at that distance with all the variables of movement, speed, rotation of the earth, movement of the ship, etc. is just amazing to me!

MauiMouse
02-21-2008, 11:51 AM

Yes, it was a very frosty night. I tried to take photos, but well.....they will be uploaded tonight when I get home. I did get one or two good shots.

Yep! Its a picture perfect clear evening - and we all went outside to see it. It mid-way in the sky in the east. Kind of an strange reddish color. Real cool!

It was a strange color wasn't it?

Anything good?

I might get to house sit, which for me is good.

We did -- Brian even woke Harry up for it. Very cool. It is so cold here that the skies were really clear and compliant!

Alex -- I think it is fair to leave the snow for Maria. She probably missed it with all that sun and sand and everything...... :thedolls:

Just it was very cold here too Jenn. I got to watch it from one of our sky lights, very cool that way, got to keep warm and watch the eclipse.

Alex, I agree leave the snow. My friend who is in Florida, lives right now the road, has been saying that the sand in Florida looks like snow. So if that is the case, then why not keep the stuff. Plus hopefully one of these days it will start melting.

Have a good day everyone! :thumbsup:

drummerboy
02-21-2008, 12:30 PM
Yes, the moon does not spin on it's axis as the earth does so the same side of the moon is always facing the earth and the sun which means the other side of the moon is always in shadow. When astronauts first circled the moon they had no idea what to expect the other side of the moon to really look like.
There was a Far Side cartoon once that had the asronauts getting to the other side of the moon only to find that it was a giant hollow frame on the other side, like a huge hollywood set. I thought it was pretty funny.

Anybody ready for lunch?

dlpmikki
02-21-2008, 01:02 PM
I told Jim that I wanted to be over there on the 22nd. Are you and Andrew going to be there? It should be interesting and probably a lot of people too.

I have registered an interest with the organiers of the event. Are you going to register too?

No, that wasn't the intention. Sorry. :(

Does this make you feel better? :fresh:

pogo
02-21-2008, 02:21 PM
:hi: Hey Cousin! Did you save any of the wheel for me?

Sorry ! It's all gone now. Should I save some for you next time ?? :confused:

morning all. I'm sick now so who has the lysol again?

I won't really be around but wanted to say a quick hi!
Get well soon, Natalie. :(

No, that wasn't the intention. Sorry. :(

Does this make you feel better? :fresh:
Not really. What would make me feel better is beating your bottom in :tennis: ! Know what I mean ?? :D

Beast_fanatic
02-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Where did everyone go?

MauiMouse
02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
I have registered an interest with the organiers of the event. Are you going to register too?

It doesn't cost any $$ right? So sure I don't see why we can't register, if he doesn't want to stay then that's fine too.

What's for dinner? I just had Easy Mac & Cheese. :D

pogo
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Where did everyone go?

:hi: We're here !

What's for dinner? I just had Easy Mac & Cheese. :D

We are having breakfast. Homefries and scrambled eggs. Want some ??? :D

MauiMouse
02-21-2008, 07:42 PM
We are having breakfast. Homefries and scrambled eggs. Want some ??? :D

Sounds yummy. :tasty: I love having breakfast for dinner. Going to have to do that soon.

Okay, where is that question? How come it's hard sometimes to think of one? :bang: :shrug:

Tink&Goofy
02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
I don't think I could afford you ! :shake:

I ain't cheap - but I'm worth it! :blush: Hey, if I can be bought by pizza, maybe we should negotiate! :D

Sounds yummy. :tasty: I love having breakfast for dinner.
We love breakfast for dinner! We actually have it for dinner more often than in the morning!

Sure is quiet around here. Did you guys scare everyone else away? :confused:

drummerboy
02-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I've been off to a business after hours event sponsored by our chamber. A developer hosted it at their new development and had a really good buffet. I had fried shrimp and chickena nd dumplings and collard greens and green beans and squash caserole and scalloped potatoes. I skipped the salad--that might have been too much. :D Did have some 'nanner puddin' for dessert though.

Who's the rascal that turned the fans southward? It turned yucky today. We're in the low forties with lots of rain. (know, quit whining.) If it's going to be cold and wet around her, I want the wet to be snow. It's pretty while it's here and goes away quickly so it's fun for us.

They were doing some filming in town yesterday, inside and outside the theater where DD does her shows. She had to have rehearsal at a nursing home last night. The movie is "The Secret Life of Bees." Queen Latifah is in it, but I haven't seen her around yet.

disneydeb
02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm going to sleep soon. Being sick for so long really makes one tired. Doesn't it?
When will Ellen be home?
We had parent teacher conferences tonight and then again next Thursday night. I only had two parents come in, and they seemed genuinely interested and pleased. Hooray!

NIght all!

pogo
02-21-2008, 09:12 PM
Okay, where is that question? How come it's hard sometimes to think of one?
Old age ??? :D

Sure is quiet around here. Did you guys scare everyone else away? :confused:
It had to be Mikki ! :D

Who's the rascal that turned the fans southward? It turned yucky today.
Alex did it I bet. :D

Goodnight Sis ! :D

drummerboy
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
When will Ellen be home?
Should be tomorrow, depending on the weather.

Is tomorrow Friday already?

Tink&Goofy
02-21-2008, 10:55 PM
I'm going to sleep soon. Being sick for so long really makes one tired. Doesn't it?

Here is some healing :pixie:! Get some good sleep - and remember, tomorrow's FRIDAY!

Yep! :woohoo:

I'm trying to help DD with her homework. Who in the world remembers what the difference is between a simile and a metaphor? (I had to look it up to make sure I was telling her right!).

Beast_fanatic
02-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Ken, we've got the same weather here although we're now under a tornado watch. :crazy: It seems like it would be too chilly.

Has anyone ever removed the "popcorn" treatment from a ceiling? I know it's not too difficult, just messy, but I'd really like to get rid of it in my house, and then I'd like to paint. How much will the JQ crew charge to do it?

Caroleh
02-21-2008, 11:15 PM
How much will the JQ crew charge to do it?

Are you sure you want the jQ crew? Remember you'd get Alex and Pogo and you may not have a house left.

drummerboy
02-21-2008, 11:48 PM
1. Ken, we've got the same weather here although we're now under a tornado watch. :crazy: It seems like it would be too chilly.

2. Has anyone ever removed the "popcorn" treatment from a ceiling? I know it's not too difficult, just messy, but I'd really like to get rid of it in my house, and then I'd like to paint. How much will the JQ crew charge to do it?
1. Funny, I was just talking to someone at the gathering tonight about lightning during thunderstorms. We'd both seen it. Also both had seen multiple water spouts.

2. If you know of a way that's not too difficult, could you tell me? We've got that mess on all our ceilings. Remnants of the 70's makeover this house got.

disneydeb
02-22-2008, 06:47 AM
Rhonda, I hope this finds that all is well with you and your area this AM.

I do believe I am getting over the bronchitis/sinus/stomack virus thingys.

HOORAY!!

I plan to sleep well and clean house this weekend. What does everyone else plan on doing?

Gage is going to be in a "beautiful baby" contest this Sunday. :thumbsup: He's a shoe-in.:D - at least to his Grandeb:D

pogo
02-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Good morning all..... Another day, another dollar. :confused: Who started that line ?? Does anybody know ?

I'll be in and out today so maybe we'll see you later.

Oh Diane...... :fresh:

And for Carol..... :shot:

alpro2
02-22-2008, 08:14 AM
Alex did it I bet.

Yes, I turned the fan southward. Do you think all this snow that we are having will reach Naples, Fl? :thedolls:

Sorry to say, but I don't think Ellen will be arriving today in NY. We are in the process of getting 3 - 5 inches of snow. The NY airports are bad enough on a Friday, but throw a little weather in there and things come to a halt.

Has anyone ever removed the "popcorn" treatment from a ceiling? I know it's not too difficult, just messy, but I'd really like to get rid of it in my house, and then I'd like to paint. How much will the JQ crew charge to do it?
How many people do you know come into a house and look up (unless you have 6 foot ceilings)? "Our survey says"......leave it alone. This public service announcement has been paid for by Drummerboy's Discount Home Contractors - you know our motto, we will do no job too big or too small. :D

Are you sure you want the jQ crew? Remember you'd get Alex and Pogo and you may not have a house left.
As long as you feed us. You also might want to wear earplugs (not for the noise of the tools, but the noice coming from Pogo).

Caroleh
02-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Good morning all..... Another day, another dollar. :confused: Who started that line ?? Does anybody know ?

And for Carol..... :shot:

With inflation it's about 2 cents now!!!

Why do they call it rush hour when nothing is moving?

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2008, 08:53 AM
The movie is "The Secret Life of Bees." Queen Latifah is in it, but I haven't seen her around yet.I LOVE Queen Latifah. She has the clearest, most beautiful singing voice. Are you going to try and get filmed?

I only had two parents come in, and they seemed genuinely interested and pleased.
It always astounds me. How can soooo many parents be sooooo disinterested in their child's life at school? It's very sad. Thanks for teaching them, Deb!

Who in the world remembers what the difference is between a simile and a metaphor?
You know that Alex calls me Hermione, right? I could have helped you with this one! (I studied English Literature at University). I find myself looking up crazy mathmatical terms....this is after asking my Mechanical Engineer husband what the hey the question means..... Gotta love Google! :thumbsup:

How many people do you know come into a house and look up (unless you have 6 foot ceilings)? "Our survey says"......leave it alone. This public service announcement has been paid for by Drummerboy's Discount Home Contractors - you know our motto, we will do no job too big or too small. :D .
I agree with Alex, Rhonda! My friend has a sister who removed it using a spatula -- without a dropcloth. It was horrific!

Happy Friday everyone!

BronxTigger
02-22-2008, 09:39 AM
*Ellen Update*

She was supposed to fly from 8:20-10:51 from MCO to Newark. However, her flight is currently delayed to leave at 3:45. (7.5 hour delay! Eek!) *update* Now they have moved the flight up to 2:45p.

She has rebooked on a flight for Monday if in fact her current flight gets canceled. She can't go back to WDW until it gets a confirmed cancellation. She can't get a room through WDW CRO right now because their computer system is down. So basically right now she's just in a waiting game at MCO. At least this will make a good story LATER, don't you think?

disneydrmr
02-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Morning all! We got 4 inches of snow and a bit of ice on top of all that. EVERY single school around these parts are is closed today. I spent all day yesterday on the phone calling schools/daycares/business/etc to make sure someone would be there no matter road conditions.. if they could not guarentee then their order will be sent next week. Most everyone chose to move their order. It's icing out there again.. part of 275 is closed right now due to a bad accident, other roads are closed... really bad out in some areas.

Who else thinks that our management should order in pizza for us so we don't have to go out at lunch?

pogo
02-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Yes, I turned the fan southward. Do you think all this snow that we are having will reach Naples, Fl?
Wow.... and you CLAIM to love her ???? :shake:

As long as you feed us. You also might want to wear earplugs (not for the noise of the tools, but the noice coming from Pogo).
OK.... I'll bite.... what is noice ???? :D

:nono: I'm saving all my :fresh: for Diane !

For that, you get another :shot:

*Ellen Update*

She was supposed to fly from 8:20-10:51 from MCO to Newark. However, her flight is currently delayed to leave at 3:45. (7.5 hour delay! Eek!) *update* Now they have moved the flight up to 2:45p.

She has rebooked on a flight for Monday if in fact her current flight gets canceled. She can't go back to WDW until it gets a confirmed cancellation. She can't get a room through WDW CRO right now because their computer system is down. So basically right now she's just in a waiting game at MCO. At least this will make a good story LATER, don't you think?
Note to self: Never.... never..... never plan a trip with Ellen and Ben. :D

Who else thinks that our management should order in pizza for us so we don't have to go out at lunch?
I think you should wait for the pizza to arrive at your house tomorrow that I mailed to you three days ago ! :D

disneydrmr
02-22-2008, 12:40 PM
:nono: I'm saving all my :fresh: for Diane !

I think you should wait for the pizza to arrive at your house tomorrow that I mailed to you three days ago ! :D

Ummm... isn't there a song called "I'm saving all my :fresh: for you"? Doesn't Whitney Houston sing it?

I am waiting for that pizza. :pizza: That's what I have planned for my dinner tomorrow... but I need something for lunch today...

They actually pulled some chicken salad from stock so I had a plate of that! YUM! :tasty:

BronxTigger
02-22-2008, 01:12 PM
*Ellen Update*

So I'm pretty sure that Ellen is actually on the plane and about to take off.

Do you think she is ready to be home after all this?

drummerboy
02-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Can anybody guess what I've just been munching on, with Easter season coming and all? :chicken:

Jasper
02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Queen Latifah is in it, but I haven't seen her around yet.

So is she going to be the "queen bee"?

Jasper
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Can anybody guess what I've just been munching on, with Easter season coming and all? :chicken:

I know I am bound to get this wrong but could it be chicken fried possum? (also known as jelly beans in some parts of the country) I realize that doesn't make any sense but we haven't had any possum jokes for a bit so I thought it was time to bring back up!:thumbsup::D

Jasper
02-22-2008, 02:00 PM
Sorry for the serial posting but I just saw something in the New York Times that just floored me - in the month of January the Hillary Clinton campaign spent $11,000.00 on PIZZA!!! Can you imagine how many pizzas that would have to be?

MauiMouse
02-22-2008, 02:05 PM
Old age ??? :D

Hey, you will always be older than me Mister. :D

*Ellen Update*

Oh man, poor Ellen, I hate waiting in airports, so darn boring. Too bad she can't get back to WDW for an extra night or two.

Those lovely chocolate covered eggs with the yolks inside. :sick: What are they called?

So how is everyone's Friday? I'm a happy little camper in my fish bowl (office). Yes my office is a fish bowl. I have windows surrounding me so everyone can look in on ole Mary. Make sure that she is working. NOT. But that is not the reason I'm a happy camper. I got a new heater, basically it's freezing in this place, and my old space heater was making a lot of noise. So boss man #2 got me a new one. Yippe. I don't have to freeze anymore. :)

dlpmikki
02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Those lovely chocolate covered eggs with the yolks inside. :sick: What are they called?

Those revolting Cadbury's Creme Eggs?

It had to be Mikki ! :D

Are you feeling alright? You actually got my name right! :fresh:

MauiMouse
02-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Sorry for the serial posting but I just saw something in the New York Times that just floored me - in the month of January the Hillary Clinton campaign spent $11,000.00 on PIZZA!!! Can you imagine how many pizzas that would have to be?

Okay that is a little ridiculous, I figured it would be over 45 pizza's a day. Wouldn't you get sick of pizza? Or does she give them away? :pizza:

drummerboy
02-22-2008, 02:16 PM
So is she going to be the "queen bee"?
I'm wondering if Sting will be in the movie. :D

I know I am bound to get this wrong but could it be chicken fried possum? (also known as jelly beans in some parts of the country) I realize that doesn't make any sense but we haven't had any possum jokes for a bit so I thought it was time to bring back up!:thumbsup::D
Ummmm. Nope. But nice stretch to get a possum joke in. :thumbsup: Anybody else want to try? Come on, think hard.

Mickey'sGirl
02-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Okay that is a little ridiculous, I figured it would be over 45 pizza's a day. Wouldn't you get sick of pizza? Or does she give them away? :pizza:It depends where you get the pizza from ... I once paid $50 for a gourmet pizza in New York.... and yes, it was good. :D

Ummmm. Nope. But nice stretch to get a possum joke in. :thumbsup: Anybody else want to try? Come on, think hard.
It's too easy..... Do you keep yours in the freezer??