PDA

View Full Version : Week before or after Thanksgiving this year?...

mickeys_princess_mom
02-14-2008, 03:48 PM
30th anniversary is actually during Thanksgiving week. DH wants to be here with family, understandably. Should we go the week before or after? What are your thoughts? I assume the Christmas decorations will all be up both times.....Is it worth waiting for the "hopeful" December discounts, or are they unlikely to affect the GF prices much?
:thanks:

Strmchsr
02-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Any discount available in Dec would be available before Thanksgiving week, just not the week of Thanksgiving. The week before is a little less crowded. MVMCP and Osborne Lights are going both times. The only disadvantage to the week before Thanksgiving is that the Holiday Storytellers and Candlelight Processional at Epcot don't start until after Thanksgiving.

scootch713
02-14-2008, 08:13 PM
It is strange, as we always go the week before thanksgiving and this year.. thanksgiving falls one week later. Touring plans has the whole week marked a 7 in terms of crowds. Baffles me as it is usually a 5 that week. So not sure what to make of what will happen this holiday season????? The week before thanksgiving works great for me as then my kids have all of thanksgiving break to make up their school work and by the time they go back the tuesday after thanksgiving, it is like they haven't missed school at all......

maybe someone has some insight .... ????