PDA

View Full Version : CD Recomendation

KevRyd
02-14-2008, 03:17 PM
Going to DW beginning of march 08. I have already booked a Charactor Breakfast at Chef Mickey's and A Pirate Cruise for my eldest son.

my question is this:

I want to take my wife my 5 year old son and my 2 year old son to aCharactor dinner. Which Charactor Dinner would have the best cross section of food for the adults and kids. Is there a Charactor or themed event where we could meet Captain jack Sparrow?

Thanks

Kevin

jwildflower1981
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
You can find Captian Jack Sparrow at Magic Kingdom by the PotC ride. I have not seen him at any of the Characters meals.
As far as your meal I would suggest doing a buffet. They have such a large selection. We love 1900 Park Fare st the GF. I've heard wonderful things about Chef Mickey's too, but I haven't eaten there yet, maybe on the next trip. Also we loved The Garden Grill in Epcot and The Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. Its family style buffet, which means the bring you a platter of food and you can hae as much of it as you like.
H:mickey:ave a great trip!

BluegrassDaisy
02-14-2008, 05:42 PM
We have experienced several character meals and have yet to be disappointed. A few weeks ago, I asked my 9 year old daughter to give her aunt (a 1st time visitor) a tip - she said "go to the Garden Grill!" This is her all time favorite character meal. Have fun :mickey:

Jared
02-14-2008, 06:03 PM
Captain Jack Sparrow does not attend any character meal, but you can find him outside the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction multiple times per day. In October, a large group of INTERCOTees were swept into a show before we queued for the ride.

To answer your main question now, my favorite character dinner is at Liberty Tree Tavern in Liberty Square of the Magic Kingdom. It's served family style, not on a buffet, so you do not have to continually leave the table. The restaurant is a little quieter than the more popular places like Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's.

:tasty:

joanna71985
02-14-2008, 09:07 PM
LTT is a fun meal to do. It's pretty quiet, and the food is brought to the tables. Plus, the characters are so cute in the colonial outfits.

comicguy
02-17-2008, 08:11 AM
For a large selection of foods, I would suggest 1900 Park Fare(Grand Floridian) or Chef Mickey's(Contempoary). Both have a wide selection, have characters, and the food is awesome.:thumbsup:

vamaggie
02-17-2008, 08:52 AM
What characters do the little ones like? I would check out the menus here and also what characters are scheduled (remember tho they can change at a whim) and make a decision based on your food & character interests. A few things to remember: 1) some kids do not like (ie are freaked out by) the characters, especially if the kids are strapped into a high chair and can't get away from the characters) Before scheduling many character meals, make sure both your guys are ok with them 2) some kids do not eat anything (or very little) when given the option of characters (even if the characters are not near your table). Plan accordingly.

We liked LTT for the characters & atmosphere but found the food to be just ok. It was Thanksgiving type food and tasted fine but there is not much variety. Also, the period character costumes may be lost on such young kids.

GrmGrninGost
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
We've tried most of the character meals. We have not been disappointed in any of them. However, we do have favorites. They include Liberty Tree Tavern, Garden Grill and Chef Mickeys (especially for breakfast). :mickey: