PDA

View Full Version : POP food court

Janet89
02-14-2008, 03:16 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question . . . . . .
What are some good items at the POP food court? What should be avoided?
Do they have Mickey waffles?
Thx!!!

BluewaterBrad
02-14-2008, 03:55 PM
Yes they have the :mickey:waffles I enjoy the flatbread station. They have this killer beef and blackbean flatbread. I also like the bisquits and gray. Its not as good as my wifes but it fills me up in the morning.:mickey:

Darbylew
02-14-2008, 04:19 PM
They do have Mickey waffles. They have just
re-done their food court and it is very nice with
lots of choices of food items. :number1:

mrsgaribaldi
02-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I haven't been there since last year but I loved the parmesan crusted chicken:thumbsup: I had that a few times, it's yummy:mickey:

dumbo_buddy
02-14-2008, 04:46 PM
TIE-DYED Cheesecake is outstanding!

DH and I had one every night were were there jan 2007. it really was disgusting over-indulgence but, man, was it delish!:mickey:

BrerGnat
02-14-2008, 04:51 PM
I agree with the parmesan crusted chicken breast. It comes with a breadstick and either pasta or a ceasar salad (I liked it with the salad).

I would AVOID the pizzas. They are pretty gross...:ack:

pox24
02-14-2008, 04:53 PM
We don't go to the Value's but I gotta tell you that I had a great salmon dish there last month. It came with green beans and rice pilaf... outstanding. The only thing I could recommend to avoid was the crowd. The food court reminded me of a giant ant farm.:)

mitchsfan
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
Stay away from the chessesteak wrap. I shouldhave known better with being from Philly. God awful. I have never thrown away 1/2 a steak before in my life.

The nachos were good to munch on and the burger was good too.

My son really liked their chikcen nugget platter. The wife liked the chicken parm. The Meatball sub was good too.

Janet89
02-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone!! Not sure if we will stay at POP or not, but I am really curious about the food court!! :confused: I've read alot about it in posts, but not many specifics!

big blue and hairy
02-14-2008, 05:12 PM
The food at Everything Pop is better than any of the food courts at either the other values or the moderates. There several good choices, the folks there are very nice and will accomodate reasonable requests, which is more than I can say for either CBR or PO. More than once, DW and I have left CBR or PO and gone to Pop for breakfast. Pop is a good place to stay and a good place to eat.

:sulley:

Pop Centurion
02-14-2008, 06:32 PM
I also agree. The Parmesan Crusted Chicken is great. Veggie Lasagna is also real good. I wouldn't call the pizza "gross" but it's definitely not that good. It's pretty much only good when you come back from the parks late just before the food court closes, and you're starving.
Tye Dyed Cheesecake is awesome as is the Carrot Cake.

MauiMouse
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
They also have frozen Cokes! :tasty:

I had a shrimp stir fry that was pretty good. :thumbsup:

laughingplace<3
02-14-2008, 07:20 PM
I'm a fan of the mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and (shock) the pizza. There's something else but I'm forgetting it.

Oh, and the tie dye cheesecake is okay. I'm a big cheesecake person and feel that it isn't that fresh- the top is good, but the bottom is kind of spongy and not that creamy. Still good though.

I used to be a deluxe resort person, but my last visit I stayed at the Pop. I was really happy with the food court and selections, and with the resort for the cost overall. I recommend doing it:thumbsup:. Just my :twocents:.

TheMartellFamily
02-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Twinkie Taramisu, yummy. The other thing that is really good is the Parmasean chicken. there is alot to choose from.

chrisb26
02-14-2008, 07:43 PM
When we were there we had the Mickey Waffles which were very good except the syrup was not so good :ack:. I would advise bringing your own ;)

Mikey Piano 23
02-14-2008, 10:41 PM
I had nachos which were decent I also had some nice Shrimp Lo Mein which i found to be good. My girlfriend had grilled salmon or something and it was pretty good.

Watch out for the food court its loud, dirty and a little nuts. Take your food back to your room and enjoy!

Sylvia
02-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Parmesan-crusted chicken - my addiction. On my last visit, I had it for dinner 4 times.

Tie-dyed cheesecake. It's a little strange eating cheesecake that's bright purple, blue, red, yellow and orange, but it adds to the fun of staying at POP.

Breakfast choices are great. The last time I was there, they didn't have Mickey waffles, but they had waffles with the POP logo. Many of the posts mention Mickey waffles - are they now available at POP?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Yes they have the :mickey:waffles I enjoy the flatbread station. They have this killer beef and blackbean flatbread. I also like the bisquits and gray. Its not as good as my wifes but it fills me up in the morning.:mickey:

They no longer offer the Beef and Bean flatbread. They stopped offering it....around...March of last year. I prefer the Ham and Havarti. It's amazing.

Also try the Greek Salad. It's pretty delicious as well.

NJDad
02-15-2008, 06:58 AM
We didn't have waffles on our '08 trip, but in previous years they had kid sized Mickey waffles and adult sized POP! waffles.

wjrhw
02-15-2008, 08:03 AM
The asian chicken salad was my favorite. I ate it almost every day and I can't wait to go back to get it again.

Von-Drake
02-15-2008, 08:28 AM
We really enjoyed the food court at Pop last time we were there. We got something from it at least once each day and never had a bad experience. I do think it is one of the best food courts at the resorts.

Kerry823
02-15-2008, 08:52 AM
We are going back in 54 days! Very excited! Generally, we eat at the parks except breakfast. At POP, the adult waffles were not Mickey but POP waffles. The children's were the small Mickey heads. After seeing all the rave reviews, I am going to try both the salmon and the parm crusted chicken. You just never know but now I will give them a try! I also like that they have a lot of healthy options. We would typically get a snack at night with the carrot sticks and dip or the fruit and cheese platter. Those are great for those late night munchies especially if you are watching your weight!

Von-Drake
02-15-2008, 08:57 AM
Going back in 55 days! and I already got the fever. Been checking intercot boards a couple of times a day and on VMK almost every night this week.

JPooh
02-15-2008, 09:44 AM
I concur, the food court a Pop is the best. One of my highlight of my last trip was going to breakfast every morning.

Disneypixie513
02-15-2008, 10:40 AM
We stayed at Pop in 06 and we didn't go to the food court that often,but it is definately our favorite food court. Yes it can be very crowded. But they have the most variety out of all the resorts. I highly recommend the Lo Mein. It's very good. I don't really remember any thing else they had though. :blush:

JerseyDad
02-15-2008, 03:47 PM
.....for starters (literally)...the grits are really good and I can't have a breakfast there without including them.

.....the chicken soup is good and is a must have of my 12 yr old daughter ( a chicken soup junkie )....and according to her is, "almost as good as the one they serve at Cosmic Ray's in the MK."

......as mentioned earlier, the seared salmon dinner is extremely good and I will have that multiple times (yes..it's THAT good)

....all the portions are generous enough that I've never been hungry after eating there.

karenrarintogo
02-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Be sure to start out by purchasing a refillable mug for $12.49 to use for your entire stay.
We enjoyed the waffles and also the scambled egg platter (with potatoes and bacon) for breakfast. We asked for covers and brought it to our room to eat.
You could buy a box of 8 Entemann's donuts in the snack area for about $3.79. We did that a couple of times and paired it with a quick and simple am run for coffee or hot chocolate in our refillable mugs.
We liked the shrimp lo mein and the vegetable lasagna with a breadstick for dinner.
We also did a few frozen coke runs using our refillable mugs.
Lots of choices at this food court!

Hull-onian
02-15-2008, 07:29 PM
We loved the Mickey waffles and surprisingly :eyes: we liked the coffee :mcoffee: too. My favorite thing to do while we were there, was take our breakfast outside. It was quite enjoyable.:thumbsup:

Crow
02-15-2008, 09:30 PM
refillable mugs for soda & frozen icees that make good mixers.
parmesan crusted chicken is good
pizza ok ill probably get it in a few wks
the tie died cheesecake is ok...i love cheesecake

Janet89
02-15-2008, 10:31 PM
WOW! I had no idea how many choices were available.

The veggie lasagna, shrimp lo mein and asian salad sound yummy. So does the carrot cake and twinkie tiramisu! Makes me want to stay there just for the food!

PhilHarHarMagic
02-16-2008, 08:27 AM
I REALLY need some clarification for breakfast - do they still serve POP waffles or have they switched to Mickey waffles (like they have at the All-Star(s))?:)

While we all know they taste the same, there's just something different about having a Mickey waffle to start the day.

28 days from right now I will have finished my breakfast at POP and will be on my way to MK!

karenrarintogo
02-16-2008, 10:19 AM
The waffles my DH brought back to the room were not MICKY-shaped. They were delicious, anyway--covered in strawberries and sauce. Don't know if he had a choice in waffles, however. :mickey:

disneydeb
02-16-2008, 10:24 AM
I REALLY need some clarification for breakfast - do they still serve POP waffles or have they switched to Mickey waffles (like they have at the All-Star(s))?:)

While we all know they taste the same, there's just something different about having a Mickey waffle to start the day.

28 days from right now I will have finished my breakfast at POP and will be on my way to MK!

I disagree, I truly believe Mickey-shaped waffles taste better!;):D

Janet89
02-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Guess I will have to get a kids order so I can have :mickey:

DisFan01
02-16-2008, 10:35 AM
I would AVOID the pizzas. They are pretty gross...:ack:

Just what I was going to say...AVOID THEM...they are pretty gross. :sick:

MickeyChick
02-17-2008, 08:39 PM
We were just there in January.

I didn't really like the lo mein so much, but the cheese steak wrap and the the parmesan crusted chicken were unbelievably excellent.

adoptionislove
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
I, too, was disapointed in the Lo Mein. But, overall it was pretty good. And it is ALWAYS packed. Am PM you name it. Ant farm is right!!!!!!!

SurferStitch
02-17-2008, 08:52 PM
I loved their breakfast pizza. I've had it several times when we stayed there. The chicken ceasar salad was also very good. Oh, and the parm crusted chicken....very good. The Lo Mein was absolutely delicious!!

We thought their pizza was very good. We watched them make it in the kitchen....all freshly made....not frozen (at least not in 2006 when we stayed there).

luvdiznee
02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Yep, Tie Dye Cheesecake!:cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Alright, let's see if I remember everything from when I worked there. This is the dinner menu only, and the color listed next to it is the color of the circles above the shop. However, I can't remember if they are 100% accurate since it's been about 6 months since I was last there.

Bakery/Healthy Section (Purple)
Ham and Havarti Flatbread - A+
Chicken Mediterran Flatbread - B- (an acquired taste)
Turkey Ciabatta Sandwich - B+ (Ciabatta bread is supposed to be hard)
Greek Salad - A+
Asian Chicken Salad - C
Caeser/Chicken Caeser Salad - A+
Sides: Hummus, Olive Tapanede

Grill (Orange? Not Positive...)
Hamburger - C-
Double Hamburger - C-
Cheeseburger - C
Double Cheeseburger - C
Cheesesteak Wrap (please note the lack of Philly before it....) - B-
Chicken Tenders - B
Grilled Cheese (Only on Request) - A
Sides: Fries, Pasta Salad, Chili

Pizza (Blue? Man it's been too long)
Individual Cheese Pizza - B
Individual Pepperoni Pizza - B+
Large Cheese Pizza - C
Large Pepperoni Pizza - C+
Chicken Alfredo - A+
Chicken Marinara - B+
Parmesean Encrusted Chicken (Please note this is different than the Chicken Alfredo. This comes with an aurgala salad and no pasta but the chicken is the same.) - A
Meatball Sub - B
Sides: Breadsticks, Mac and Cheese

Ethnic (Red? Or Green...)
Shrimp Lo Mein - B
Vegetable Lo Mein - C+
Mom's Night Out - Turkey with Potatos and Green Beans and Stuffing - A+
Mom's Night Out - Pulled Pork with Baked Beans, Corn on the Cob and Cornbread - B+
Mom's Night Out - Fried Chicken with Potatos and Green Beans - B+
Salmon with Orzo Pasta (NOT RICE) and Green Beans - A+
Nachos (Pick Your Toppings) - C
Sloppy Joes - D+
Sides: Chili, Beans, Potatoes

And trust me, I've eaten every item there because I was a trainer there. Hope this helps!

PirateLover
02-18-2008, 12:14 AM
Pop has the best food court hands down. I never bought a refillable mug before but we got one this time around and filled up on Icees all the time. Also made a great iced tea by mixing lemonade in with it.
Loved every breakfast I got.

Parmesan chicken is great, meatball sub is great.

Individual pizzas, chicken fingers, and burgers are comparable to other WDW CS placed. Regular sized pizzas are really bad in my opinion-how odd.

Tink#64
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
We have never experienced any problems with the food court or the food at Pop! MD weekend it was a mad house, but that's to be expected. We usually get either our lunch or dinner every day from the food court & eat it poolside! Can't beat that! The veggie lasagna is my fav! But the chicken ceasar salad is probably a close second. After reading all of the great revues, I'm goin to try the parmesean chicken this year! :eat:

Floridian Yeti
02-20-2008, 10:47 AM
We like POP lots, and one of the major reasons is the food court. There's lots to choose from; personally I often get the "Mom's Night Out" TV dinner-style meals - they're basically comfort food.
A couple of caveats - the court is almost always busy, so if possible, you might want to adjust your schedule a bit to hit less busy times. Another thing, since as a table empties it's often immediately taken by another family (which can preclude any cleaning), we usually have some wet wipes available (we use them a lot in WDW!) to do a quick table/seat wipe.
I hope you like it - I think you will :mickey:

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-20-2008, 12:22 PM
just awful

julyjewel
02-22-2008, 11:34 AM
Everything sounds so good. I don't think the pizza is good anywhere. We hope to stay at POP this summer.

Birnbaum...why so negative about things?

texasteacher
02-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Parmesan-crusted chicken, definitely. I ate it twice duing my stay. It is delicious!

mac badger
02-23-2008, 02:06 PM
i find at POP, and at any counter service or food court, you'll have a much nicer experience if you go for the stuff that is fresh made in front of you.l the burgers, pizza etc that have been sitting under heat lamps not so good. but they have (or had, its been a little while) a sandwich station that made fresh foccacia sandwiches that were awesome. meanwhile, my in laws griped about the substandard pizza. well, duh. always go for the fresh

Sylvia
02-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Cheesesteak Wrap (please note the lack of Philly before it....) - B-

Jessica -

Duly noted!!!! It's all in the crusty roll.

I won't be staying at POP in May, but I definitely will be visiting Everything POP a few times!!

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:30 AM
Stay away from the chessesteak wrap. I shouldhave known better with being from Philly. God awful. I have never thrown away 1/2 a steak before in my life.

The nachos were good to munch on and the burger was good too.

My son really liked their chikcen nugget platter. The wife liked the chicken parm. The Meatball sub was good too.

My hubby didn't discover the cheesesteak wrap until our second-to-last day last summer. He said it was his favourite item on the menu. I like the ham and cheese ciabatta. We really got sick of the twinkie tiramisu though. This year we're going to try some ice cream and shakes for a change.
I also agree with everyone about the parmesan crusted chicken with breadstick and salad. Sort of healthy....

PhilHarHarMagic
02-24-2008, 08:34 AM

Sorry to bring this up again, but have they replaced the POP waffles with Mickey waffles for the adult breakfast?