PDA

View Full Version : first time

cwarner
02-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone..... This is my first post and I am getting excited about my upcoming trip to Disney. We have reservations for May 11-15 at the All Stars Movies Resort. Could anyone tell me anything about this resort? How is it? Any advice or tips for a first timer would be great!!! I am traveling with my sis and a 5 year old. I also just got my pincode and is waiting for Kathy at MJ to work her magic!!:thumbsup:

Tick-Tock
02-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Have you checked out the info on Intercot's resort section? That will give you a place to start...

All Star Movies (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/allstarmovie/default.asp)

Have a great trip!

jpH/keD
02-14-2008, 03:42 PM
:welcome: to INTERCOT!! Folks on here are great and friendly! You will find lots of info here you cannot find anywhere!

We just stayed at All Star Movies in Nov and its a nice place! We went for Thanksgiving week and the place was sold out! So it was very full! I dont think your time frame will be that crowded. You should have no problems! The food courts at breakfast get a little crowded so we went early and it was better.

We requested a preferred room and got one in the Toy Story building. It was close to everything but we had hoped for Fantasia closer to the pool. If I had it to do over again I would just take the standard room and spend the money somewhere else. There is a short cut from the busses into the resort somewhere but we never found it. IF you can find it I would use it to save time!

Our kids LOVED the pool and the playground and the laundry place is right by the pool and it came in handy for our one little emergency!

Have a great time! We went in May O5 and stayed at ASSports and had a blast that time of year! The weather is great! :thumbsup: Enjoy!

Oh and I forgot to mention that they have the pressed penny and pressed quarter machines in the food court area. My kids LOVED these! We had a ziploc baggie w/ pennies and quarters in it so we could get to them easily! Movies has a great selection of imprints for these!!

Disney Doll
02-14-2008, 03:42 PM
:welcome:

You've come to the right place. You can get lots of good info from the Info Central section here on Intercot. We stayed at Movies a few years back and really enjoyed it. I think it's a great place to take a kid because of the fun disney character icons that decorate the resort. Enjoy your trip!

disneymom15
02-14-2008, 04:06 PM
WELCOME to intercot. Beware, you'll become addicted. We stay at the values all the time, and Movies is one of my favorites. Enjoy your trip.

BluewaterBrad
02-14-2008, 04:10 PM
You will have a great time! Movies is pretty cool and fun. Like all the values they dont have the extra perks like the Mods and Delux, but you will probably be in the parks mostly. Food Court is good, the pools are just fine,arcade,etc. Pool bar is fun also. Have a GREAT Trip!:mickey:

Darbylew
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
I just want to WELCOME you to INTERCOT.....
:welcome::rocks: You will love it here........:mickey:

c&d
02-14-2008, 04:13 PM
:welcome:

We stayed at Movies in the Toy Story Building also. We only stayed 2 nights but we really enjoyed it. DS and I walked around the resort at night looking at all the different buildings and taking pictures. We loved Andy's room the best and I have a great picture of DS in RC.

The food court was good, but crowded during breakfast time. At dinner we really didn't have to wait.

The buses were a little crowded but they ran pretty frequently. We never had a really long wait.

I think you'll enjoy your stay there.

OTmomof3
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello and welcome! We stayed at AS Movies several years ago and loved it. We actually ended up staying in the Mighty Ducks building which was quite a distance to the food court, but it had it's own pool which was never very crowded and seemed to be more quiet than some areas. Also, when we were returning to the hotel late at night with our sleepy 5y/o we would take the AS Music bus and when we got off at the music bus stop it was an extremely short walk to our room. We used the music busses quite a bit. Have fun- how could you not!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-14-2008, 09:36 PM
Welcome to Intercot, you'll always have an answer to your questions here!!!!!! Congrats to your receitpt of a pin code, not everyone gets 'em. We rec'd one this year for a great discount, but unfortuantley won't be able to use it, isn't that just so sad????? Anyway, have a great trip....anywhere on property will be great!!!!