PDA

View Full Version : Grand Gathering or SHOW???

PlanningMom
02-14-2008, 10:28 AM
I am going to WDW in Sept and we are a Grand Gathering! I don't want to use up too many of our TS meals, so I am trying to decide whether to a Grand Gathering, or one of the shows.

List of shows:

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dinnershows.asp

List of Grand Gatherings:

http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/WDW/magical_gatherings.htm

ANyone who has been to any of them would be a help seeing as most of us HAVE NEVER BEEN TO WDW! But if you have done both, that would help, too!

Thanks so much!:mickey:

mouse-logic
02-14-2008, 10:34 AM
We've done grand gatherings twice. We did the Illuminations Int'l dinner/dessert thing on the first trip. It was a great time....but expensive (we paid out of pocket). However, I would not trade that 3 hour memory for anything.

Taja
02-14-2008, 11:28 AM
I haven't done the dinner shows (dislike the things in general) or the food-related Grand Gatherings, but if you have the opportunity to organize it, the Pirate Cruise is great fun!

Absolutely no help, I know! :)

eyoreswife
02-14-2008, 02:16 PM
this is my first reply on intercot, hope it's helpful, we are going as a grand gathering in july and are booked for the illuminations at epcot for 4th of july:woohoo:. we are paying out of pocket to save our ts,because we are eating there that night we will use the extra ts for the yachtsmen (first time). we have done the luau, and the hoop dee doo, liked hoop dee doo much better, but you can do those anytime, the grand gatherings you can only do if you are booked as a grand gathering so i would take advantage of those choices, hope this helps:mickey:

mouse-logic
02-14-2008, 02:33 PM
this is my first reply on intercot, hope it's helpful, we are going as a grand gathering in july and are booked for the illuminations at epcot for 4th of july:woohoo:. we are paying out of pocket to save our ts,because we are eating there that night we will use the extra ts for the yachtsmen (first time). we have done the luau, and the hoop dee doo, liked hoop dee doo much better, but you can do those anytime, the grand gatherings you can only do if you are booked as a grand gathering so i would take advantage of those choices, hope this helps:mickey:

Welcome to Intercot. This was excellent advice.

I hope you enjoy the Illuminations dinner as much as we did. The kids really enjoyed participating in the story telling show. Have fun.

Disneymom4ever
02-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Could someone explain what the Illuminations Dinner is? It says "Food from around the world". I'm just wondering, my boys are pretty picky eaters, I'm wondering if it would be worth it for them. Desserts though, no problem! :thumbsup: The VIP seating, is that where the food is served? Is it a good view? Thanks for any info! :mickey:

mickey&missy
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Could someone explain what the Illuminations Dinner is? It says "Food from around the world". I'm just wondering, my boys are pretty picky eaters, I'm wondering if it would be worth it for them. Desserts though, no problem! :thumbsup: The VIP seating, is that where the food is served? Is it a good view? Thanks for any info! :mickey:

It's a buffet of food from the nations in WS. The dinner is in the Galaxy Plaza building (I think) where the baby care center is and the VIP viewing area is in the plaza right in front of you as you go to enter World Showcase from Future World. That put's you front and center, literally, for the show!

We haven't done it yet. We're doing that and the Magical Fireworks Voyage during our March trip! I can't wait!!! I'll let you know how they are!!

jedimick08
02-14-2008, 08:25 PM
We're going as a Grand Gathering in May and we have the Safari booked at the Animal Kingdom. I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm really looking forward to it.