PDA

View Full Version : Making ADRs

DreaminofDisney24
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
Alright, so i'm a bit of a worrier-especially when I don't know how things work! My 180 day window is getting closer to make my ADRs but I'm not quite sure about how the process works. I know what number to call and all-but then what happens? Do I have to have my days and times picked out, or do they tell me what's available and I pick from that? If someone could just walk me through it, I'd be forever grateful!:blush:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-14-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm the same way as you...I worry when I don't know what is going to happen!

The ADR process is fairly easy. When you call them, have the places, dates and a general idea of the times you want to eat ready to go.

The CM on the phone will ask you for the information, and then confirm a time with you, or let you know what times are available.

If you call early within the 180 day window, you won't have many issues getting what you want at all!

Good Luck!

Tygger7
02-14-2008, 10:06 AM
To add to the previous poster's comments, (which were right on the money!)....

You will need to provide your reservation number when you call, so have that handy. Also, be sure to have pen & paper ready, and everything written out before you call. Leave space to make changes and write down your confirmation number. They will rattle off the confirmation numbers and details quite fast, so the more you can plan out in advance before your call, the better.

AuntDJ
02-14-2008, 10:29 AM
And I will add one more thing...the above posters were spot on...

If you are choosing one of the princess dining options, Cindy's Castle or Norway, or if you are having the Fantasmic dining package, have a credit card handy. If you are on the dining plan they do not charge it, but they have to have it to hold your reservation.

Usually when I call right at 180 days, I tell the CM what time I want, and they tell me what they have around that.

Good Luck and have fun!
DJ

SBETigg
02-14-2008, 11:20 AM
They're usually very friendly and helpful and make it easy on you.

Going from memory-- You'll call and have to press a few buttons to get to the right place (not hard- they just want to know how many visits you've made and things like that) then your CM will come on and talk you through the process. You'll need your reservation number handy, home phone number, vacation dates. Once you present your reservation number, they'll have your information in front of them.

You don't have to book in order. Start with the ones you think will be hardest to secure (CRT, Le Cellier, Cali Grill at Wishes time, etc). Then move through them in order. Know where and what time you want to eat, and maybe have a backup in mind. Then if it's not available, the CM will talk you through some other choices of what is available. Calling at 180 days out, you can usually get what you want but you occasionally have to be flexible on times. The CM will guide you along by saying things like "8 pm isn't available, but we can seat you at 8:10 pm" or by offering similar dining choices if one is booked. Then they will give you your ADR number for you to write down. Having a bright, friendly, and clear-speaking CM really helps, but I don't anticipate that you'll have any problems. Best wishes!

comicguy
02-17-2008, 08:17 AM
As an example, we called last night to make our ADR's for Aug. We hit the 180 day mark yesterday:thumbsup: We had everything planned places and times and we got everything we wanted within 10 minutes of the time we wanted.

Le Cellier and Coral Reef fill up quick so call early. If you do everything the pp's said you will be in great shape:mickey:

Janmac
02-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I have to have a calendar in front of me, with the restaurants/parks info for each day noted. Then as we make the ADRs, I can write the ADR numbers and times in.

As previously stated, try for the most popular first. Get those on your calendar and then go back and get the missing days filled in. If you're not sure which are more popular, ask here.

CMs should help you out with alternatives, if needed. If you're having trouble finding a supper place at MK you can have a great meal at one of the MK monorail resorts. It's a fun way to check out other resorts too.

IF for some odd reason you do not feel that your CM is being very helpful, by all means, thank the person and hang up. Call back later. I don't expect this would happen but there are too many great CMs out there to help you to have a less than helpful one for your first time.

Even if you have made one or two ADRs already before you hang up, the next CM can pull them right up and you can go on from there. I usually have a lot of fun making ADRs - CMs are generally friendly and helpful.

Jan