PDA

View Full Version : Dining Review - Wolfgang Puck Cafe

MissStyles
02-14-2008, 09:03 AM
Saturday February 9th

This was my 3rd visit to the Wolfgang Puck Café. Our reservation was at 7:30, and Molly and I arrived right on time. We had taken a boat ride to Old Key West and back to Downtown Disney, and we had to bolt through the Marketplace, Pleasure Island and the Westside but we made it. We were seated shortly after, but our table was wobbly. Luckily they moved us right away to a booth. The place was certainly jumpin’, but that’s to be expected on a Saturday night. There were many unhappy, hungry kids but we did our best to ignore them. The service was not the greatest, but I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt seeing as how busy it was. We started off by splitting the artichoke and mascarpone dip served with crispy flatbread. Shortly after we received some extremely soft foccacia bread in two different flavors – sun dried tomato and rosemary garlic. Both were excellent with the dip as well as the crispy flatbread. I noted sweetness to the breads with a slight savory kick. For my entrée I ordered pumpkin ravioli in a brown butter sauce with sage and port reduction. I had always wanted to try this dish and I figured if I don’t now I may never! Molly ordered the half chicken with a vegetable medley of asparagus, green beans, broccolini and carrots. My mom ordered a pasta dish also, which consisted of rigatoni, diced tomatoes, cannelloni beans, organic sausage, Italian greens and hot red pepper flakes. The ravioli had the same essence as the bread…sweet yet savory enough to enjoy as an actual meal. I appreciated the consistency throughout the meal. I would definitely order this dish again. Molly absolutely loved her chicken. They used to have a whole chicken on the menu and when you’d see it making its way to an unsuspecting diner your stomach would just churn because it was so huge. Not this though. I tasted her veggies and they were perfectly cooked, crunchy but not raw. My mother really enjoyed her meal as well. She said it had a great kick from the hot pepper and the sausage was very fresh tasting. The beans balanced it out adding an extra burst of protein. We all agreed that the meal was worth the return visit to the café! I decided to wait for dessert – I wanted to walk around and shop in between. So after we were done shopping I topped the night off at Ghirardelli’s for a delicious dark chocolate dipped waffle cone with two scoops of Ghirardelli rocky road. It did the trick for me! :thumbsup:

disneymom15
02-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Sounds yummy. I've never eaten there, have eaten at the WP Express, which is very good.

January-2007
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the review!

Crow
02-14-2008, 08:48 PM
thanks for the review.
Its been a few yrs since I ate there but I liked it & would eat there again

baby minnie's mommy
02-14-2008, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the description! I'm happy to see a good review as we have ressies for lunch there on Monday! :tasty:

Polynesian Dweller
02-14-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the review. The food has always been great there, just wish they could tone down the noise a bit.

OhGee
02-14-2008, 11:49 PM
Great review! Thanks! We ate lunch there at 1pm the same day. Everything we had was delicious too and we loved the bread! (Btw, on weekends they just have the dinner menu for the day, no lunch menu.)

ErinElectronaut
02-15-2008, 08:36 AM
Excellent review!!

I always say... if a restaurant starts you off with some good bread... then the rest of their food will probably be great as well :thumbsup:

I'll have to try that ravioli someday.....

Thanks Miss Styles! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Thanks! We are trying this restaurant this June while we are there! :mickey: