PDA

View Full Version : Time between parks

Julie1221
02-13-2008, 10:54 PM
I am returning to disney world after an 11 year break. :mickey: I've made ADR's and my DB and I have res. at chef mickey's at 7:20. How long will it take to get from POP to Contemporary? Also how long of a ride is it to each of the parks from POP. Thanks! I'm having a hard time figuring out times.

DreamFinder2
02-13-2008, 11:32 PM
Depends a lot on crowds, but you'll probably take a bus from POP to the Magic Kingdom...figure 30 min for that. Then, a quick monorail ride from MK to CR for Chef Mickey's...another 10 min for that.

So, I'd say 45 minutes to be safe. For other transportation time, you can check out Intercot's own transportation page...

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

playdead88
02-14-2008, 06:11 AM
i think if you budget an hour for transport time you should be safe - there isn't any direct transportation between resorts so you have to get to a theme park or the TTC or DTD then transfer to either a bus or monorail to get you where you want to go - i think the plan mentioned in the previous post will work great:thumbsup:

Tygger7
02-14-2008, 07:49 AM
Depends a lot on crowds, but you'll probably take a bus from POP to the Magic Kingdom...figure 30 min for that. Then, a quick monorail ride from MK to CR for Chef Mickey's...another 10 min for that.

So, I'd say 45 minutes to be safe. For other transportation time, you can check out Intercot's own transportation page...

http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/transportation/gettingaround.asp

Agreed....as a "general" rule, I allow 1 hour to get between parks/resorts. I'd rather be a few minutes early than late. I also agree that your fastest option would be to take a bus from Pop to Magic Kingdom, then catch the monorails to the Contemporary.

BigRedDad
02-14-2008, 09:04 AM
I am not sure if your ADR is in the AM or PM. If it is in the AM, you'll have to take a cab. There is no way you would get to Chef Mickey's by taking a bus for a 7:20AM ADR. You would have to get on a bus at about 6:30AM and I don't think they run that early.

DreamFinder2
02-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Good point, BigRed...I was assuming 7:20pm.

Although, don't they run a couple of early buses for people w/ early ADRs at parks? They could ride one of those to MK, and by then the monorail should be running to CR.

MauiMouse
02-14-2008, 06:58 PM
If it's AM sometimes the buses would let people off at the Contemporary for Character buffets.

I also like to walk from Magic Kingdom over to Contemporary, it is less than 10 minutes.