PDA

View Full Version : What time to leave parks in order to make ADR's on time....

amball
02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could give me estimates on what time to leave the parks in order to make our ADR's on time. Our plans are:

First night arrive POR at check in: 3:00
ADR: Cap-n-Jacks (taking boat)
6:15 pm

Second night: Animal Kingdom
ADR: Boma's in AKL at 6:00 pm

Third night: MGM then Epcot (park hop)
ADR: Coral Reef at 6:00 pm

Fourth night: Magic Kingdom
ADR: Whispering Canyon in WL
at 6:00 pm.

We will be going from June 19 - June 23.

Also, approximately how long should we expect to be at the restaurants? There will be 5 of us: Me, DH, DD-7, DS-9, DS-11. Thanks!!:sulley:

TheRustyScupper
02-13-2008, 04:13 PM
6:15 pm (45-minutes)

ADR: Boma's in AKL at 6:00 pm (35-minutes)

ADR: Coral Reef at 6:00 pm (20-minutes)

at 6:00 pm. (55-minutes)

The above assumes some waiting time for the next bus or boat.

buzznwoodysmom
02-13-2008, 04:34 PM
We always allow at least an hour to get from a park to a resturant. Even if you arrive early there is always something to do while you wait. All of the resorts are wonderful and you could easily spend time waiting looking around. Also don't let the fact that Boma is close to AK fool you, everytime we have ever taken a bus from AK to AKL we have had to wait over 30 minutes just for the bus to arrive. The last time we must have waited for over 45 minutes. The ride there isn't long, but the wait always seems to be long. I'd surely give yourself an hour for that one. Our TS meals are usually for at least 5 people and take anywhere from and hour to two hours.

milhouse
02-13-2008, 04:45 PM
If it involves catching a bus, I agree with the one hour. We recently did the MGM to Epcot dinner run and by the time you walk out, wait for the bus, and walk all the way through Epcot it's about an hour.

mudpuppysmom
02-13-2008, 05:23 PM
We always have a car to get us from point A to point B, but here is what I think you should allow:
6:15 pm
Once you check in, get your luggage to the room and freshen up, I'd leave and then just walk around at DTD a bit until your ADR.

ADR: Boma's in AKL at 6:00 pm
I'd definitely leave the park at 5 pm and get there -- there is PLENTY to look at at AKL to keep the kids busy!!

ADR: Coral Reef at 6:00 pm

Once you are in Epcot see where you are around 5ish then think how long it'll take you to get over to the Seas and gauge it that way.

at 6:00 pm.
I'd leave about an hour to catch the boat over to WL and travel time there.

As for how long for each meal -- I can say that normally we are at a meal an hour to an hour and a half and that is for three of us (2A and 1C), so I'd think about the same.

jpH/keD
02-13-2008, 05:43 PM
I agree with the one hour plan! However, make sure you look at a map and if it is REALLY far between where you are and where you need to be allow more time. Good luck and have fun! :thumbsup:

chick20679
02-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Definitely err on the side of caution when it comes to planning how much time you'll need.
We made the mistake of cutting it too close on our trip a few weeks ago.
We were at MGM and planned to take the boat to the Boardwalk for our 5:30 ADR at Spoodles.
While we did make it (and had a great dinner) the 1/2 hour we gave ourselves to get there did not suffice. We ended up having to get off the boat at the S&D and RUN over to Spoodles. I think we were still late for our ADR, but they seated us anyway. :wine:

It's just not fun to have to worry and rush to make it on time. Plan lots of time to get from point A to point B. :mickey:

ldc12377
02-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Definitely err on the side of caution when it comes to planning how much time you'll need.
We made the mistake of cutting it too close on our trip a few weeks ago.
We were at MGM and planned to take the boat to the Boardwalk for our 5:30 ADR at Spoodles.
While we did make it (and had a great dinner) the 1/2 hour we gave ourselves to get there did not suffice. We ended up having to get off the boat at the S&D and RUN over to Spoodles. I think we were still late for our ADR, but they seated us anyway. :wine:

It's just not fun to have to worry and rush to make it on time. Plan lots of time to get from point A to point B. :mickey:

I totally agree with this post!!

On our trip last summer, I didn't plan nearly enough time to get to our reservations. We were constantly running to make it to our ADRs and we had our own car so we weren't depending on Disney transportation.
Not much fun!! I tried to squeeze every minute out of everyday.
On our second trip, it was a little better but we still hurried around at times.
My goal for the next trip is to take it easy and only do about a fourth of what we did on our trip last. Then maybe we can finally really enjoy the trip.

The point of this story: You will enjoy your trip far more IF you give yourself PLENTY of time to get from place to place.

comicguy
02-17-2008, 08:08 AM
We usually plan one hour for travel time to get to ADR's that are not in the same park/hotel that we are in.:thumbsup:

This has worked well for us in the past. It also allowed us a bit of lesiure time before dinner to really soak up the atmosphere of where we were eating.