PDA

View Full Version : Would you get a price quote now or wait?

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 02:00 PM
In Oct I'm going to be in a wedding in Orlando so I want to turn that trip into my annual Disney trip. My friend is planning on getting married on the 25th. However, it isn't set in stone because she hasn't called to book a place to have the wedding.

I'd like to start planning my trip so I know about how much money I need to save. Should I wait until the date is set or get a price quote now? I'd hate to have someone do all that work and then her not find a place to get married at then and have to change the date.

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 02:06 PM
You can easily go to WDW's official website and price out what the maximum cost of your planned vacation would be - there aren't any discounts to be had right now for that time period unless you were one of the lucky ones who got a PIN code (can you tell I didn't?). You would at least know how much it would cost without any discounts and give you a financial goal to shoot for. It only takes a few minutes of your time and nobody else has to do the work of getting a quote then changing the plans.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 02:46 PM
For the past few weeks I haven't been able to get their website to give me a quote. I wish I could get one of those too.

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 06:36 PM
It's been working for me - I wonder what the problem is. Is your system up-to-date? Maybe something just needs updated. You could always call Disney directly or contact MJ about a quote. I'm sure that the MJ agent you work with would understand if you have to change the dates.

azdisneymom
02-13-2008, 07:20 PM
I have received quotes both online and over the phone and been quoted the same price. The CMs are always helpful and answer every question even when I tell them up front I will not be making reservations. I so appreciate their time and make every effort not to abuse their patience.

That said, I love planning my trip and start getting quotes, usually online, as soon as I start thinking about going. I save taking up someone's time until I get a better idea of when I will definitely go.

Taja
02-14-2008, 11:32 AM
You also can use the published rates (lodging tax is 12.5% at all resorts except All Stars--they are .5% or .75% higher--can't remember which) and get an idea of the costs. I haven't looked, but they're probably on INTERCOT Info Central.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-14-2008, 01:30 PM
I'm a little obsessive when it comes to planning and organizing so this is driving me a little crazy. She's ordered her dress, picked bridesmaid dresses, set a date but hasn't bothered to look at places to get married. So who knows if she can find a place on that date. I like to know things for sure. I want to plan this out. Hopefully she'll do this soon.

Thanks for the suggestions.

kakn7294
02-14-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm a little obsessive when it comes to planning and organizing so this is driving me a little crazy. She's ordered her dress, picked bridesmaid dresses, set a date but hasn't bothered to look at places to get married. So who knows if she can find a place on that date. I like to know things for sure. I want to plan this out. Hopefully she'll do this soon.

Thanks for the suggestions.Yeah, it struck me as a bit funny that she had decided on a date but hadn't booked anywhere yet. In my area, you have to book sometimes more than a year in advance, depending on where you want.