PDA

View Full Version : Westminster Dog Show

murphy1
02-13-2008, 11:49 AM
How adorable is that beagle that won!! I just want to hug and play with him, he is so cute. I always love the herding group, I had a Sheltie and now have a crazy border collie (my screen name).

bleukarma
02-13-2008, 12:00 PM
I didn't watch the show but I saw the winner on the news this morning. The dog is so adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you see how he started bowing and barking when he won!!! He knew he won!!! He is so cute!

Of course I told my dog Charlie that he is cuter when I was telling my aunt about the beagle! haha!

Shari, I had a Sheltie growing up. She was my best friend in the world! Sheltie's are really good dogs and she was so intelligent! Talking to Brandy (my sheltie) was like talking to a person. About 5 years ago we had to put her down, but she lived a good long life of almost 17 years.

TheDuckRocks
02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
We watch the Westminster Dog Show every year, it's so easy to remember that it always falls right around Valentines Day. I make Frank The Cat watch with me so he knows that he'd better toe the mark or he can be replaced.:D
Uno was just adorable! I always love it when a dog wins that knows he's done something wonderful.

SBETigg
02-13-2008, 12:42 PM
I was cheering on the beagle, too. So cute! I also liked the Australian cattle dog. I have a herder, a Pembroke Welsh corgi. My favorite groups are the Herding and the Toy. I also have a pug, and that pug was robbed in favor of Vicki the winningest toy poodle. :blush: Nothing against poodles. I grew up with toy poodles, great dogs, but they seem to be contest favorites.

Nice to see a beagle win. The Hound group wins less than any other. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
My mom is a life long beagle fanatic, and she was so excited to see a beagle win. Of course, the first thing I heard her say to our two beagles this morning was "you guys are much prettier than Uno, but you won, girls!"

DisneyDog
02-13-2008, 02:31 PM
I, too, am a Pembroke Welsh Corgi person. We just recently lost both of our corgis within a year of each other. I watched the show, but it was difficult, especially with all of those dog rescue commercials. I kept tearing up :( But, the Beagle was adorable and had a great personality. Way to go Uno!

SBETigg
02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
I, too, am a Pembroke Welsh Corgi person. We just recently lost both of our corgis within a year of each other. I watched the show, but it was difficult, especially with all of those dog rescue commercials. I kept tearing up :( But, the Beagle was adorable and had a great personality. Way to go Uno!

I am so sorry. My best friend lost her lab on Sunday and I was tearing up now and then, too, thinking of my friend and what her lovely Maude meant to her. It's so hard to say goodbye, but they do bring us such joy when they're with us. Hugs to you. :hug:

DisneyDog
02-13-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks, Sherrie. Corgis sure can tug at your heart strings, right! With those big happy smiles :)

tinkerbelle75
02-19-2008, 11:15 PM
Uno is a cutie!I was pulling for the Great Dane..but what are the chances of that, right? I always see a different dog I want every year.
Anybody know a good Chinese Crested breeder?? It's my want this year. :blush: