PDA

View Full Version : Would it be rude

disneymom15
02-13-2008, 09:36 AM
Last trip Husband and I ate at Planet Hollywood. Upon entering they took are picture.
As we were eating, a girl came to our table and handed us a picture and key fob and requested money (something like $20). We declined and she got a little pushy, but we still declined. Would it be rude if we decline the picture be taken in the first place?

Jared
02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
No, absolutely not. The servers shouldn't be pushing you that hard to actually buy the picture, but considering your bad experience, you can definitely decline the photograph upon entering.

mickey&missy
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Definitely not! You don't have to do it and they certainly shouldn't be pushy about selling them!

bleukarma
02-13-2008, 10:03 AM
As long as you tell them "No Thank You" nicely then I don't think it would be rude at all! The last time I was there I thought about telling them no just because I was having a bad hair day. I took the picture anyway and when the guy came around we decided that we didn't want the picture and he didn't push it. I think if you know going into it that you won't buy the picture then you are saving them time and film. I don't think that is rude.

TBY2225
02-13-2008, 10:12 AM
We ate at Planet Hollywood in Jan, and we did just that. We just said no thank you when they asked about taking our picture. We did the same thing at Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway at Epcot, a few years ago and plan to do the same at Chef Mickeys when we go in September!

Stan
02-13-2008, 10:27 AM
This kind of stuff gives photographers a bad name. :ack: :mad: :-o

Sounds a bit like the mall kiosk people who pester everybody who walks by. Does everything in our world have to be marketed like this? Would Donald Trump approve? (Imagine one of his apprentices was in charge of the photo concession.)

disneylovinmom
02-13-2008, 12:31 PM
I think it is ridiculous of them to even take pictures at restaurants anyway. I can see them doing it if it's at Cinderella's Castle or something like that, but Planet Hollywood or House of Blues, REALLY!! I just really wanted to eat dinner, not get hassled about buying pictures. It is plenty expensive as it is just buying the dinner.:mad:

crazeedizneefinatic
02-13-2008, 03:31 PM
We decline now at Chef Mickeys. We bought the package once and that was enough, it's way too expensive. I don't think it's rude at all. I actually can remember last year at Chef Mickey's being told by the hostess after being given our beeper that if we were interested in our picture being taken to go this way if not the waiting area was over there.

This is off subject but what was the background. I cannot imagine wanting a memory of eating at Planet Hollywood, it's really not a unique experience?

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 11:02 PM
We declined in Dec 2006 at Chef Mickey's and again in August 2007 at 'Ohana for breakfast. It's not a problem at all.

joanna71985
02-13-2008, 11:34 PM
I declined at CM, and also at the old AK breakfast.

Taja
02-14-2008, 11:25 AM
If asked, I decline.

If not asked and presented with an item, I have a lovely "excuse me" with a look that is a bit condescending. I don't like using it, but it's available when needed. :)

I consider it incredibly rude to be photographed without permission.

ThanxForNoticin
02-14-2008, 12:50 PM
It is not rude in the least to decline having the photo taken. How I do it depends on the photographer. Most at Disney will ask politely to take your picture, so I will politely tell them no thanks. A few aggressive photographers will rudely snap a shot or two without my permission, interfering with my evening - then I don't hesitate to get rude back and tell them to not come back because we're not the least bit interested in purchasing a photo. It's much easier to just nip it before they start snapping photos - unless you might be interested in a shot or two.

JPL
02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
I don't think it would be rude at all to say you don't want a picture taken. As a matter of fact I'm surprised the PC police hasn't caught up to them yet. In some cultures and religions pictures are forbidden.