PDA

View Full Version : Help with September trip

MindyMouse
02-13-2008, 09:02 AM
We decided yesterday that we are going to take a Disney trip in September.

I'm looking for information about what the crowds will be like in Early September. We are planning on a 4 night stay at POR starting September 2.

Are we going to be overwhelmed by the number of people? Our last two trips were in January and early June.

Thanks a ton.

BelleCiavo
02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
We have gone that week many, many times. Tuesday - Thursday is usually dead, we walk on everything and have actually had CMs beg us to come on in. Friday and Saturday are a little more crowded because of Night of Joy, but stay away from DHS on those days and you should be fine.

IMHO it's the best. :cloud9:

MindyMouse
02-13-2008, 09:35 AM
That makes me feel so much bettter. I've been second guessing our decsion. I've been hearing that September is getting busier with the free dining promotion.

I love Disney but I HATE large crowds.

Now, with my luck, a hurricane will roll through that week!

Thanks again!

LauraF
02-13-2008, 09:49 AM
I went during Free Dining in September last during the same time period and it was D-E-A-D the first four days we were there. The weekend started to be really busy, but it was a combo of the reopening of the HM and the NoJ bringin in the crowds. We found that if we went to parks that had just had EMH the day before they were the least crowded.

KJZO1
02-13-2008, 11:15 AM
:mickey:Hopefully they will announce free dining and you will get to add that to your trip.
We love going in Sept or Oct the crowds are not bad at all. Just hit the parks early, take a break mid afternoon and head back at night. We like to make dining reservations at a near by resort for lunch or dinner so you feel like it's a break from the parks.:marg:Have fun planning. Make your dining reservations as soon as they let you because times seem to go fast as soon as free dining is announced.

Bri
02-13-2008, 11:48 AM
In 2005 and 2006 we went in September. Well 2005 was August into September and 2006 was September. In 2005 it was dead the whole time but we left to come home on labor day and it was really crowded in the parks the day before we were leaving. But we had done everything already so it didn't really matter. Sept is a great time to go. It is still VERY hot but since there are no crowds, you aren't hot AND fighting the crowds. You will have a great time!

TBY2225
02-13-2008, 11:51 AM
I have been the last few years in September mostly the mid-end of the month. The crowds have seemed to pick up more and more each year, but it is still a great time to go. 10-20 min waits were the norm last year! September has spoiled me with the free dining and crowd levels!

kakn7294
02-13-2008, 01:30 PM
We went in Sept 2005 and crowds were fantastic. A really sweet CM gave us a handwritten slip that worked as a FP for whatever attraction we wanted in MK (it didn't have to be a FP attraction) and we ended up using it on AstroOrbiter because everything all the rides had less than 15 - 20 min waits except that which had a 30 min wait. The CM we handed it to looked at us kinda funny and said "are you sure you want to use that on THIS?". Many attractions were walk-on and even Peter Pan didn't have a long line.

MindyMouse
02-13-2008, 01:40 PM
I can hardly wait! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. We decided to wait til the 2nd so that we could avoid the Labor Day rush.

Friday can't get here fast enough for me. That's when I'm booking.

Keeping my fingers crossed for free dining!

BostonChic
02-13-2008, 02:09 PM
We usually try to visit in Sep or Oct. and last time we went in September it was great :thumbsup: a little hot but nice to be able to swim.The lines were unbelievable :jaw:
no Fastpass was needed(kids back to school)
I was suprised when DH wanted to go early this year,no complaints here :D

Have a good trip anyhow :mickey:

onjbj
02-14-2008, 03:18 PM
We went in Sept last year also and could not believe how empty the parks were Tuesday through Thursday. Crowds picked up for Fri-Sat, but were still very manageable. We also walked on all of the rides and had a great time. Even the heat isn't bad when the crowds are low. Have a ton of fun!!

Karin