PDA

View Full Version : Disney Lite Up Village

BritCody
02-13-2008, 08:44 AM
I just seen some pictures from my cousin's trip around Christmas time. She had a photo of Disney Lite Up Villages sold at the Christmas Store at the Marketplace. There was The Emporium, Cinderella's Castle, Haunted Mansion, City Hall, The Train Station and the Cinema. Each piece sold for $60.00. Does anybody know if these were just available during the Christmas Season? Or if there is a way to order them? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Darbylew
02-13-2008, 09:47 AM
The Christmas store at DTD is always open and
had Christmas things the year around. I am not
sure about the village but they have so much
Christmas stuff in there that they probably do.
There is a order number for Disney that you
can call and they would be able to tell you or
help you. The number is 407-393-6200.

Simbafan73
02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
THe Christmas store is open year round and they do have the village pieces there.
At least they had them there 2 weeks ago and they also have them when we go in August.
My husband and I also love them and are starting to collect them.

BritCody
02-13-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the info. My next trip isn't until October 08, so I will give it a call and see what happens

mouse-logic
02-13-2008, 01:45 PM
They're usually available all the time....at least I think they must be. I have a half dozen pieces and I've never been to WDW anytime around the holiday season.

SgtTigger
02-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Yes, as stated they do have them year round. At Christmas time every resort should have them too. They do change up the ones they have and retire some over the years.

:cop: :tigger:

luvkatiebug
02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
I bought the firehouse about 2 weeks ago at Mardi Gras. I was told over the phone that these houses were not for sale anymore, so I was shocked to see them at the Christmas store in Mk when I went (and excited). They also have a haunted mansion now, that I am dying for, but they were out of. You can ask about them with any receipt that you may have there is a number and email. (I think the phone number was given above).
M:mickey:

kbean
03-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Cool, never knew they had a xmas village.

elmjimmlm
03-09-2008, 01:36 PM
Department 56 also makes Disney Christmas villages...I have seen these and they are great...Maybe check out their website...

figgie
03-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Disney actually teamed up with Dept. 56 in the early 1990's and sold several Disney Parks houses. I have them all! I love Tinketbell's Treasures. Then their was a dispute between the two companies in the mid 1990'3 and they stopped producing these Dept. 56 Disney Village Houses. They are no longer making them so you were indeed lucky to get the Firehouse if it is Dept. 56. In the early 2000's, Disney started producing their own Christmas Village Houses. I have them also and the two collections mix pretty well. I have them out all year round! They are available all year long at the Christmas Shop at DTD but they have been known to run out of some models the closer you get to Christmas due to the crowds. They bring out new ones and seem to retire earlier ones. I love the one of The Emporium with Minnie on the porch with her arms full of presents! The Main Street Train Station is also wonderful. My favorite, though, is Chip and Dale's tree house!

figgie
03-09-2008, 09:04 PM
By the way, Dept. 56 also put out a few figurines for the village before retiring the line. These include Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas gear. Also several groups of "tourist". including a child with balloons and kids wearing the "Mickey Ears". Boy, are they fun. My 4 year old Grandson loves moving these around my miniature Disney Park!

It also appears that the two companies have settled some of their differences since they have put out a few more Disney figures since like the motorized go round swing ride.

kbean
03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
I stopped by DTD the other to check out to see what they had in selection and there were only 6 buildings to choose from. Nothing good for someone like me who is just starting out.