PDA

View Full Version : Dining Reservation Conformation Call?

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 09:18 PM
I was wondering what everyone thought about an idea :idea: that jumped into my head after replying to the "Do You Cancel Your Reservations" thread.

Would you like to see WDW implement some sort of automated dining confirmation system? :geek: It would serve as both a reminder to those planning on honoring their ADRs and an option to cancel for those that are not. Ideally they would have a live person making the calls :call:, but I understand that would be over reaching just a bit. :faint:

Jared
02-12-2008, 09:59 PM
It would be great to receive a confirmation call from a live person, but that will never happen. An automated system may be a little more feasible and logistically sound.

wdwnomad
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
An automated call would be nice. I wouldn't want a live person doing it. I think it would be even better if you could view them online. Since they ask for your reservation # they can tie into it. Then you log into your reservation online you can see them there.

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 11:23 PM
An automated call would be nice. I wouldn't want a live person doing it. I think it would be even better if you could view them online. Since they ask for your reservation # they can tie into it. Then you log into your reservation online you can see them there.

I like it. That way you could view all of your conf. #'s and times right from your cell phone (for those of us that have email enabled phones). That would make life a bit easier.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-12-2008, 11:50 PM
I voted no for the phone call, although I think the idea of a confirmation is great. I think an email or something with your vacation package would be a better idea than a call. This way you have it in writing and print it out and bring it with you, one less thing to do at home, lol. I have never personally had an experience with a restaurant not having my ressie but know someone who did, although they were seated after a long wait and some attitude. If the confirmation came from Disney and you had it there with Disney paper, they could not deny it if by chance a mixup occured.

Mickey91
02-13-2008, 12:38 AM
I voted no call but I would love an email confirmation that I could print.:mickey:

TBY2225
02-13-2008, 10:22 AM
A call, email, or even a letter in the mail would be great. In the long run it would save the CM's time on the phone. I always have to call at least 4-5 times to either make changes or to just verify that all my ADR's are right and intact. Disney ought to be able to come up with some kind of system to help with the ADR's!

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
I know that poll didn't ask about emails, but I love the idea of the other posters about getting an email confirmation with the conf#, and all of the information!

GrmGrninGost
02-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Not a bad idea! Just a friendly check-up to see if you are still intending on dining a few weeks ahead of time. I'm sure that people trying to get into a particular restaurant could be put on a waiting list and called if an opening occurred. ( This happened to us at Cinderella's Royal Table a few years back.) It could be beneficial for WDW and for those of us who visit. :mickey:

Seasonscraps
02-15-2008, 11:00 PM

I would love an online option. It would be so easy to view all the ADRs you have with the times & confirmation numbers.

Maybe there could be an option to cancel the ADRs here even if the system is not set up to make them. It's bad enough going through the prompts and waiting on hold to make a reservation, but just to cancel is frustrating.

I can't see them using CMs to confirm ADRs. The restaurants are pretty much booked as it is with guests looking for walk ups. Since it would do nothing to improve the bottom line, I don't think they would consider doing this as a courtesy.

Natazu
02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Last trip, we had 30 ADRs and 10 F&WF dining events. No calls for me, thanks. ;)