PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Plan in September Question

Mickey052501
02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Hi All,

My cousin told me that her friend went to WDW in September and the DDP was free. Is this true? It didn't sound right to me so of course I turn to my reliable Intercot friends?

Thanks in advance,
Jen :thumbsup:

Fangorn
02-12-2008, 07:56 PM
It's true.

For the past 3 years, Disney has offered a special package for late August through most of September that included the DDP for free. Whether they will continue this or not is anyone's guess.

Steve :mickey:

MMouse6937
02-12-2008, 07:58 PM
As far as I know it has not been offered to the general public yet for this September. It was offered so far as a "bounce back" offer if you booked your next vacation when you were at the resort last year. Historically these type of discounts have been released around April, so keep your eyes peeled! Take care!

Strmchsr
02-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Please also keep in mind that "free" DDP means you pay rack rate for the room, so while it is a good discount, you can also get good discounts at other times through the year on room and package deals.

2Princesses4Us
02-12-2008, 11:05 PM
does rack rate mean the most expensive rate for that resort? or just the regular rate for that resort during a particular season?

THANKS

crazeedizneefinatic
02-12-2008, 11:38 PM
It means the highest rate for that season. This year is different in room rates though. Disney has changed their policy and charges different prices for different days IE: sat, sun. Depending how you use the plan it can still work out in your favor. Our example is 4 of us for 10 days 9 nights with an 8 day park hopper was $2600.00 or $650 a person. This was last September and we stayed at the CBR which is a moderate. Not bad for hotel, 8 day park hopper and food, worked out to $650 a person. We used the bounceback program and are staying at POR for the same amount this coming Sept/Oct.. I don't know the rates for this year so maybe it won't work out to be so good but we have always felt it to be. Keep your eyes open and work the numbers, you wil be surprised, even with rack rates.

Rodders
02-13-2008, 05:05 AM
I'm Booked for this September with "free" dining. They sell packages much earlier to UK residents. I don't know if this is an accurate indication of their intentions for US residents or not.

TBY2225
02-13-2008, 10:17 AM
This year will be my third year using the free dining plan. We got the bounceback deal as well. In my opinion, I save much much more paying rack rate on the room at the Pop and getting the DDP for free. This might not always be the case, so do your math!

Mickey052501
02-13-2008, 10:21 PM
Okay, thank you. Now I am wondering if my DH and I would be eligible for this offer since we are DVC members?

Thanks again,
Jen:mickey:

kathiep
02-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Definately do your math. We booked the free dining through the bounceback. Usually it's a good deal for us - we generally stay at the mods. But this year, we decided to stay at the Poly. If we were to get a 40% pin, that would actually save us more than the free dining.

Mickey052501
02-15-2008, 04:33 PM
What about staying at one of the DVC villas are we still eligible?

Seasonscraps
02-15-2008, 05:19 PM
If you are using points for the DVC resorts, you are not eligible for the free dining plan.

If you are using cash, I think it would depend on availability of the plan.

Mickey052501
02-16-2008, 10:12 AM
Thank you for all of your help!!!!

Jared
02-16-2008, 11:22 AM
Please also keep in mind that "free" DDP means you pay rack rate for the room, so while it is a good discount, you can also get good discounts at other times through the year on room and package deals.
This is the most important point. The free Disney Dining Plan sounds like a great deal, and it often is, but you have to pay the full resort rates to utilize the promotion. Crunch some numbers before automatically buying into the hype. You may actually save money using a hotel discount and paying for the Disney Dining Plan.

Furthermore, don't just add on the plan because it's "free." If you wouldn't buy the plan anyway, you'll end up losing money because you won't have the opportunity to apply a resort discount.