PDA

View Full Version : Chapeau Closed?

MKRescueRanger09
02-12-2008, 05:36 PM
Hey, I'm up at University, but was told that perhaps my store (Chapeau) was under refurb, and traditional sewing machines being replaced by the computerized ones. Anyone know anything about this?

OhGee
02-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I just got back from WDW this past Sunday night. Yes, Chapeau is closed. One cast member told me it would be closed for a few weeks for refurbishment. They moved the hats over to the Emporium section near the princess items. Not sure about the computerized sewing machines though.

jkj1224
02-12-2008, 09:21 PM
they're moving the DVC area that was next door to the chapeau and expanding the hats into both areas...the DVC is moving to Fantasyland...more hats for everyone :mickey:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
02-13-2008, 12:41 AM
The Chapeau shop now resides temporarily in the Princess Room at Emporium. I believe it's to get computerized systems, plus general maitenance.

I love the sound of sewing machines myself, plus the girls do such an amazing job at it.

AwPhooey
02-13-2008, 08:20 AM
I'm happy to hear the Chapeau is expanding!! I always thought the space was too small for such an awesome store! :mickey:

MKRescueRanger09
02-13-2008, 01:19 PM
I love the sound of sewing machines myself, plus the girls do such an amazing job at it.

Hey now, guys do it too, myself included.

It would be a bummer, because the traditional sewing looks better when it's done. I don't like the machine printing at all. I presume if they do put the machines in Chapeau, they'll probably keep the traditional ones in F-Land

whistlewhileyouwork
02-22-2008, 07:22 PM
Just got back on Tuesday and checked this whole thing out.......yes it is closed for update. The old machines are in a shop right next to snow whites scary adventure, just in front of the royal table check in podium at the castle. No cast member would commit to any info on the original store and the return of the hand machines to that location........my suggestion would be ...get it while you can. I loaded up on ears for the whole family.:mickey:
I would never buy them from a computer generated sewing machine:mickey: