PDA

View Full Version : Just got back

rubato
02-12-2008, 10:18 AM
We got home on Sunday from our 6 day trip. This was our first time at the campground. We loved it. We were in the 1500 loop which is right by the Meadows. I enjoyed the peace and quiet after fighting for personal space all day at the parks. We did the bonfire, movie singalong. We ate at Trails End and enjoyed that very much. We spent one evening just lying on the hammocks and playing in the sand. That was truly wonderful. I just wish that parents would stop their kids from running and jumping onto the hammocks. ;)

The comfort stations were very clean and accomodating. The only complaint I have now is I have sand in everything from the campsite. But, small price to pay!

We're now looking at buying a real camper (we just have a pop up), so we have some bathroom privacy. And, it looks like we'll be headed back in 2010. Thanks to all who gave us advice. It really helped.

HulaMinnie
02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Glad to hear you had a good stay!

faline
02-13-2008, 10:00 AM
Sounds like a wonderful, relaxing trip! Glad you enjoyed Fort Wilderness! It was the first place I stayed on our very first trip!

hoop de do
02-13-2008, 10:02 AM
So glad you had a great time. Fort Wilderness is our favorite also. Thanks for sharing. Now get that (extra change :twocents:) jar started for 2010. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

SgtTigger
02-13-2008, 08:03 PM
SO glad you had a great trip..... I also love Trails End Buffet we have to go here at least once every trip........

:cop: :tigger:

January-2007
02-14-2008, 09:40 AM
I'm so glad you had such a great time! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

ibrowse17
02-14-2008, 10:09 AM
Glad you had a good visit to Ft. Wilderness. Good luck in buying a new camper:thumbsup:

NJ Camper
02-14-2008, 07:34 PM
Glad you had a good time just one thing i will say take your time looking at campers the one thing i found out is look at the little details like when they run wires and hoses is there nice clean neat holes with gaskets around the holes i've seen campers where it looks like they took a hammer and smashed a hole if they take short cuts on the little things then you need to look harder if they didn't then the bigger things probably are done right don't let the prices fool you i've seen some look just as good cheaper as the high price ones also but will say one last thing my first tt was alum out side tougher to keep clean fiberglass was easier plus think about what walls are made of alum or wood of course price will play into this also good luck and don't let it overwhelm you you can also look on rv websites for lots more info