PDA

View Full Version : AP at International Gate

mouse-logic
02-12-2008, 09:30 AM
We're getting to BWV on Friday morning, and will be heading in to EPCOT, and don't have our passes yet.

Has anyone purchased an AP at the International gate?

ibrowse17
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Not sure you will be able to exchange them at that gate. I do not recall any ticket windows there, which you will need to activate your AP. I would take BWV's bus to the main gate to exchange your AP voucher.

pugslave
02-12-2008, 10:32 AM
There are ticket booths there, and we have bought/traded in vouchers there several times. In fact, it's my favorite place to do this as there is never a line!! We are DVC members and our home resort is the Boardwalk, so it's the most convenient for us.

ibrowse17
02-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Good to know, as I like that area as well:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
02-12-2008, 01:03 PM
We're getting to BWV on Friday morning, and will be heading in to EPCOT, and don't have our passes yet.

Has anyone purchased an AP at the International gate?

Just a quick question for you. I notice a lot of VC stays on your list. Are you a member? If so, are you aware of the big discount VC members get on the APs? I'm pretty sure if you want that discount, you need to purchase them through member services. You can then pick them up at the guest relations of any of the 4 theme parks before you go in the park. And your 365 days only start after the first use. This might not be applicable for you (or you might already know), but it doesn't hurt to check - just in case! Have a great trip.

mouse-logic
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Just a quick question for you. I notice a lot of VC stays on your list. Are you a member? If so, are you aware of the big discount VC members get on the APs? I'm pretty sure if you want that discount, you need to purchase them through member services. You can then pick them up at the guest relations of any of the 4 theme parks before you go in the park. And your 365 days only start after the first use. This might not be applicable for you (or you might already know), but it doesn't hurt to check - just in case! Have a great trip.

We are members. BCV is our home resort but we're staying at the BWV this trip because it was sort of last minute and BCV was booked solid. Anyway, after reading the above quote about having to purchase the AP through member services to get the DVC discount, I almost panicked....because we leave in two days and have not purchased the voucher yet. Anyway, I checked the DVC website and here it what it says:

"What if I don't currently have access to the Walt Disney World Ticket Store?
Please contact Member Services by calling (800) 800-9800 to process the purchase for you, or visit a Guest Relations location at any Walt Disney World Theme Park or the Downtown Disney® area to purchase a Pass."

I'm on hold with DVC now to confirm that I can get the DVC discount, ....ah...wait....I'm through. They said that I only need to show a picture ID and my DVC member card at any guest relations or ticket window at the parks or DTD to get the discount. That's a relief.

ThanxForNoticin
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
Great - I'm glad that worked out for you. The discount is about $100 per ticket, so you can do an extra nice dinner now instead!

It is interesting to see the info you got, though. I just purchased 2 AP last week through MS, but they told me I had to make the arrangements with them and pick them up at Guest Relations at any of the theme parks - and not at DTD. I certainly did not mean to panic you! I guess the important thing is you can prove you are a VC member. It sounds like you are set. Have a great trip!