PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Help

pox24
02-12-2008, 09:29 AM
We are ready to finalize our plans for July. We have always stayed in Boca Chica, however this time we wish to request a room nearer the main building or actually in the main building. I would like to know some specific rooms enjoyed by all.

rjmdds
02-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I can tell you that the Main Building is reserved for Club Level/Concierge rooms. You can't stay there unless you stay in the Royal Palm Club. We've stayed at Boca Chica and loved it. Distance is relative. It is still only a two minute walk to the Main Building from Boca Chica. I'm sure someone will be along soon to give you more info.

MicMouse
02-12-2008, 10:05 AM
We stayed on the 4th floor of the main building in July 2004. Our room had a view of the pool with the water slide and the lagoon. You could also see the monorail. We were one floor above the Concierge Lounge.

From the room you could hear some music in the afternoon, but it wasn't too bad.

It was absolutely gorgeous and very classy, but we never felt out of place with our 3 year old.

Have a great trip!

c&d
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
We stayed in the Main Building for our anniversary and loved it. It was nice sitting and having a cocktail listening to the orchestra play. I can't remember what floor we were on but we could see Space Mtn. from our room.

I also liked the really short walk to the monorail stop. Of course, we missed some because I would stop by the shops on the way there.

TammiMcMan
02-12-2008, 11:09 PM
As others have mentioned, the 3 floors in the main building are all reserved for the Royal Palm Club, aka main building concierge. We've stayed in a couple of different rooms in this building and other than the suites, they are basically the same setup as a standard building. You get the same amount of space, views aren't guaranteed, but you get a few extra amenities. Room #4404 has been our favorite. A dead on center view of the castle. We could watch it changing colors from bed.

Sugar Loaf is very close to the rear entrance of the main building. It's reserved for "lodge concierge". More expensive than a standard building, but not as costly as the main building. Room #6315 did offer a view of the fireworks from the balcony (no castle though).

Big Pine Key is probably the closest to the side entrance of the main building, while Sago Cay is closest to the rear entrance and Gasparillas. Personally, I like the theme park view from Sago Cay. Completely unobstructed and you can watch the monorail go by. The drawback is that you will be the furthest from the boat dock and the pools. As you're familiar with the GF already though, you know that translates to a few extra minutes of walking.