PDA

View Full Version : Any restaurants you could kick yourself for not trying sooner?

JerseyMouse
02-12-2008, 08:45 AM
DW and I have been yearly WDW guests since 1993, and just recently decided to give Artist Point a try (2 years ago). After the meal, we both looked at each other and pretty much echoed the line..."What took us so long?"

We knew it had gotten rave reviews over the years, but still couldn't see ourselves enjoying the place until our tastes at home changed.

What restaurants have you tried recently that maybe you wouldn't have given a though to in the past?

SBETigg
02-12-2008, 08:48 AM
Narcoossee's, California Grill, and Boma. I have a feeling that Flying Fish will join the list when we finally get there.

I can't say I hadn't given them thoughts in the past. We enjoy fine dining and have been meaning to get to all of the Signature places, but with the kids, time, and so many restaurants to choose from, it's not easy to fit it all in and enjoy the parks, too. Boma was the one we put off just because of having to take the time out to get to the AKL, but exploring the Animal Kingdom Lodge was well worth the time.

Crow
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
glad you finally got to AP i agree its great.
i kick myself sometimes when i dont get there on a trip....so I will have to this trip again
I guess mine would be CG; finally got to it 2 trips ago & returned last trip since I liked it so much

xipetotec
02-12-2008, 11:10 AM
DW and I have been yearly WDW guests since 1993, and just recently decided to give Artist Point a try (2 years ago). After the meal, we both looked at each other and pretty much echoed the line..."What took us so long?"

We knew it had gotten rave reviews over the years, but still couldn't see ourselves enjoying the place until our tastes at home changed.

What restaurants have you tried recently that maybe you wouldn't have given a though to in the past?

Biergarten! We tried it on our last trip ( our 3rd trip as a family ) and though the food is "good" ( not amazing ), but atmosphere, entertainment and beer made this an amazing dining experience.

poeticeclipse
02-12-2008, 11:19 AM
Le Cellier for sure.

I always heard people say good things about it and just assumed it was talked up. Then on my honeymoon in May I thought "there must be a reason." YEAH, great food and great service was the reason.

I miss that salmon so much...:)

dumbo_buddy
02-12-2008, 11:20 AM
FLYING FISH!! :number1:

the food was outstanding and our server, Curly, was so friendly!

it's not cheap but it is worth every penny.

IloveDisney71
02-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Boma! My family just tried it for the first time in December and decided that is a future "must do"! We really enjoyed the entire experience - the soups were probably our favorite part...and the Zebra domes!

Tinkerfreak
02-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Le Cellier for sure.

I always heard people say good things about it and just assumed it was talked up. Then on my honeymoon in May I thought "there must be a reason." YEAH, great food and great service was the reason.

I miss that salmon so much...:)

We also tried LeCellier for the first time last year. We have been several times and never tried this. DH and I did a trip alone in April and tried it and loved it. We instantly thought why didn't we try this place before. I think it is because I did not know about Intercot until before then so I had not yet been told how good it was. We also thought of how much our DD's would love it. We took them in November and they actually wanted to cancel it at first because they were tired. Once we got there and they started eating they both said "boy are we glad you made us come here mom". They want to do this again in November of this year.

Simbafan73
02-12-2008, 02:02 PM
On our last family trip we tried Le Cellier, Boma and Marrakesh ( Morocco in Epcot ) among many other restaurants however those 3 were new and we were very much impressed.

Last month I went with the girls for 2 weeks and we tried the new Yak and Yeti in Animal Kingdom and it would have to be one of my favorites now, just amazing food and excellent service and great prices.

DessertDivaFL
02-12-2008, 02:26 PM
Le Cellier was the one. Last year (Nov.) we ate lunch there and loved it. Our waiter was fantastic too!

Mackflava99
02-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Artist's point-
We had been to WL a few times, as guest or visiting friends-and never thought to go there--
When we finaly went last year- we were definitely saying-
" Why didn't we ever try this before ? "

SAHDad
02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I try to go to at least one new TS restaurant each trip, so each trip has at least one entry into the "Why didn't I try this place earlier" category. Our last trip had Akershus (okay, not worth it so much with the new changes), Crystal Palace (my first time there, okay, better when you have kids), and Le Cellier (great, especially the soup. And the steak. And the potatoes. And the veggies. And . . .)

Already I am planning the restaurants for our next trip - I'm thinking about Boma, Jiko, Artist Point. . . .hrm, I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

WDW24
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Well, yes, this past trip we went to the Crystal Palace for breakfast and loved it! :thumbsup:

AllDisney
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Jiko was the restaurant that we just didn't think we would want to eat at. It's now one of our very favorite places at WDW. It is now a must on all return trips.

I don't know why it took us so long to figure that out :confused:

Jeff
02-13-2008, 09:40 PM
California Grill
Marrakesh

GrmGrninGost
02-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I never could get excited about Coral Reef. I kept seeing and hearing bad things about it. We finally decided to try it and see what we thought. At this point, it is my favorite TS at WDW! I love the place! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Crystal Palace! I enjoyed the character breakfast so much. I'm not a breakfast eater but this was great.

SurferStitch
02-14-2008, 07:13 AM
'Ohana and Teppan Edo (Teppanyaki at the time).

We didn't try either until a couple years ago, and now they are must-do's for us! After our first meals there, we kept saying, "Why did we wait so long to try these????"

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2008, 11:53 AM
1) Ghirardelli Chocolate
2) I simply love their 6-course meals.

3) Wait, you mean they aren't a restaurant?
4) But, they can serve 6-courses of chocolate!
5) Either way, it was a delightful meal.
6) Except for one point.
7) I mistakenly called them "Gee ar deli", was quickly corrected to "Gear a deli".

sloslo
02-14-2008, 01:31 PM
The restaurant at Norway, the Princess Storybook dinner buffet. Excellent buffet for appetizers, fish, cheese, etc, then you get a table service for your entree. They make great salmon.
Also, if you have a young daughter, she'll love the character princesses. They walk around the restaurant and someone makes sure that every little girl gets to meet all the princesses. My DD loved it!!

threeh
02-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Boma!!!!
We fianally went this last trip after always reading rave reviews here on intercot. It was GREAT!! I think it will be a must do on each trip:thumbsup:

dumbo_buddy
02-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Hollywood Brown Derby!

what a great place :)
:mickey: