PDA

View Full Version : Standard Room

terri110874
02-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Does anyone know what rooms are considered standard in POR? Is there a better area or building to request.

Also I booked a room with 2 double bed, do you think that we will bumped up to a king room since its only my boyfiend and I that are going?

I am leaving in 16 day :woohoo: and I am just so excited :joy:. This is the first time I ever spent $$$ on hotel. Always stayed at ASM for the kids.

02-12-2008, 07:13 AM
HI I HAVE STAYED AT POR BEFORE AND WILL BE THERE IN APRIL ANYHOW WHEN YOU CHECK IN TELL THEM YOU WILL TAKE A KING BED AT NO EXTRA CHARGE AND SOMETIMES IT WORKS WE ALWAYS HAVE GOTTEN A KING.WE LIKE TO STAY AT THE MANISONS:mickey:

where_else
02-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Hi - we've never stayed at POR, but have stayed at WL, CB, Pop,and 3 times at POFQ. We've always paid for standard rooms (with double beds) and have always gotten standard room with double beds. It's only my husband and me when we go to Disney World. I don't want to be a wet blanket. :( I've heard some people get upgrades, and I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask, but don't get your hopes up. From what I understand, the number of king beds are rather limited. Anyway, have a wonderful stay and enjoy! :cloud9:

TheRustyScupper
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
1) King beds are a paid category.
2) They get reserved pretty quickly.
3) I would doubt an upgrade to a king room.
4) If you want it, reserve and pay for it.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-12-2008, 02:55 PM
At POR all of the non-water view rooms (river or pool) are considered "standard".

If you are making a request, I personally like the buildings near the main one...we stayed in #18 for our honeymoon and it was great. Close, but not right on the main path, and we had a quiet pool right behind the building.

Both water views and king rooms are paid upgrades, so although it can't hurt to ask I wouldn't count on getting the upgrade.

Have a great time...we loved POR:thumbsup: