PDA

View Full Version : Is the GAC two sided?

Briansmom
02-12-2008, 01:35 AM
Hi All!

Our DS9 has autism and he is finally 'ready' for us to share Disney with him! We are beyond excited to finally know he can handle all the stimulation of our favorite place! I am busy, busy, busy making all the plans to make sure this trip goes as smoothly as possible and need to know if the GAC is a two sided card (has writing on both sides that needs to be seen). I am making a lanyard with a "If you find me, please call my mom @".... card and was going to put the GAC with it as well. At first I was just going to slide the cards in a name badge type thing and put on the lanyard, but got to thinking about the self laminating pouches...they would keep the cards safe from water, wear & tear, etc. But then had the thought that the GAC might have info on both sides of the card. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

me...
02-12-2008, 02:44 AM
The GAC Card is two sided but only one side has pertanient information for the cast memeber. Which is group size, the stamp and expiration date. If you make sure all that is visible then you will be all set. I hope you guys have a great trip : )

pugslave
02-12-2008, 10:39 AM
When are you going? My dd is 8 with autism, and LOVES WDW! One thing that we can't do without though are ear plugs. My daughter has sensory issues, especially with noise, and with earplugs, she can do anything! Happy planning!!

wdw_bound
02-12-2008, 08:08 PM
We use namebadgeholders that you get at tradeshows (I'm pretty sure you can get them at Office Supply stores). It is basically a small nylon pouch with a clear plastic cover and a cord to go around your neck. The ones I get (I horde them from conferences and tradeshows I attend) often have a velcro pouch as well.

DD is able to slide her GAC in the pouch, and we put our tickets in ours. In DD's, I put a note with cell phone numbers, etc. In mine, I carry license, Disney Visa Rewards card and a little cash. For safety reasons, I wouldn't put the contact info in a visible place.

Briansmom
02-12-2008, 08:49 PM
When are you going? My dd is 8 with autism, and LOVES WDW! One thing that we can't do without though are ear plugs. My daughter has sensory issues, especially with noise, and with earplugs, she can do anything! Happy planning!!

We will be there the second week of May (85 days!! :yay:
I am taking an mp3 player with his music on it for him to use if things get too 'crazy' for him. The great thing is that I had this list of things to 'work' with him on way ahead of time to make sure he was used to them by the time our departure date arrived.....the earbuds on the mp3 player, the lanyard with his 'ticket' on it, etc...and the first time I approached him with these things..he took to them right away...just like he had always used them. So we are already experiencing some pixie dust and we're not even there yet!!

We use namebadgeholders that you get at tradeshows (I'm pretty sure you can get them at Office Supply stores).
Yes, the marketing department where I work is helping me with these. They actually have some that can be laminated as well..havent seen those yet.

Thanks for all your help and advice! I just can't wait!! Disney with our entire family is going to be AWESOME! :joy:

TFrauts
02-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Hi there!! i am just wondering about wheelchairs vs. GAC's! My friend has a daughter with severe cerebral palsy! She is in a wheel chair...non verbal, feednig tube, etc! My question is, even though she has obvious disabilities, would she still need a guest assistance card to avoid lines? If so, would she need a doctors note?

Here we go again...
02-25-2008, 10:48 AM
Hi there!! i am just wondering about wheelchairs vs. GAC's! My friend has a daughter with severe cerebral palsy! She is in a wheel chair...non verbal, feednig tube, etc! My question is, even though she has obvious disabilities, would she still need a guest assistance card to avoid lines? If so, would she need a doctors note?

GAC does not help you avoid all lines.
If the line is handicap accessible then they will not offer an alternate entrance.
There are 2 different GACs, one gives you a little more than the other, but with all of the abuse of GACs, the one that lets you in the fast pass line is harder to get.

To the original poster,
The GAC is a little larger than the namebade holders. You will have to fold it in half for it to fit.

TFrauts
02-25-2008, 04:59 PM
would a doctors note allow her to get the GAC for the fast pass line??

peter's #1 fan
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
My son is 9yrs old with an autistic spectrum disorder and the doctor gives us a note. We just present this to guest relations and they will give us a GAC card for use in the fast pass lane.

wdw_bound
02-25-2008, 09:49 PM
To the original poster,
The GAC is a little larger than the namebade holders. You will have to fold it in half for it to fit.

We did not have to fold ours - holder is about 4 x 6. GAC is about the size of two credit cards (laid out with top edge touching bottom edge of other card. The beauty of the clear cover is that we did not have to remove it from the holder at all during the trip.

Here we go again...
02-26-2008, 09:00 AM
We did not have to fold ours - holder is about 4 x 6. GAC is about the size of two credit cards (laid out with top edge touching bottom edge of other card. The beauty of the clear cover is that we did not have to remove it from the holder at all during the trip.

I guess I was thinking of the ones I see people in the parks with that hold the tickets and fast passes. What you are describing sounds perfect.
When I had my pass I kept it in my pocket and by the time we left it was pretty much shredded. I wish they were made of the same paper as the tickets.

wire0monkey
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
Rather than lanyards, we use small metal dog tags that I bought at PetSmart. They have the boys' names and my cell phone number on them. I use a safety pin to pin them to the bottom of their t-shirts. They're too small for a stranger to read without touching the kid, but obvious enough that security really can't miss them. I use them at our local zoo and at airports, too.