PDA

View Full Version : Flying Fish or Brown Derby?

Crow
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
just thinking of which i might try on a night when i try to see Fantasmic & Illuminations.
Ive been to Brown Derby twice & liked it, but also Flying Fish looks good.
also what time does FF serve?

Natazu
02-11-2008, 11:37 PM
While I also like Brown Derby, Flying Fish (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570) is amazing. Definitely give it a try. Their hours are 5:30 til 10p Sun - Thurs, 5:30 'til 10:30 Fri & Sat.

Jared
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
While I also like Brown Derby, Flying Fish is amazing. Definitely give it a try. Their hours are 5:30 til 10p Sun - Thurs, 5:30 'til 10:30 Fri & Sat.
Read Jym's reviews of Flying Fish Cafe, and the decision will be easy.

:tasty:

Kairi_7378
02-12-2008, 06:54 AM
It sounds like Flying Fish has made some great changes over the years. I would give it a try, esp since you've been to the Brown Derby twice. I don't think you can make a bad choice with either.

JerseyMouse
02-12-2008, 08:36 AM
Absolutely nothing against FF, but DW and I love the nostalgia of Brown Derby. I agree, either place would be an excellent choice!

SBETigg
02-12-2008, 08:38 AM
I love the Brown Derby, but I haven't been able to get Jym's Flying Fish review out of my head since he posted it. :blush: I would try Flying Fish.

Crow
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
His review is what got me thinking more seriously about FF. I always stopped to look at the menu there & at SPoodles on my walks from Hollywood to Epcot but ive never tried them....
think Ill go fishing....

poeticeclipse
02-12-2008, 11:33 AM
Anyone know what the dress code is for Flying Fish? I'm thinking of trying it on an upcoming trip.

KAT1811
02-12-2008, 09:01 PM
FF simply for the adventure. Try something new. Personally I do not do fish in WDW, living in New England it is almost impossible to get better seafood than you do here.

(We get seafood fresh off the boats, literally. For one of our summer parties DH got dozens of fresh lobsters from the fishermen, as the were docking. It doesn't get more fresh than that.)

Crow
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Anyone know what the dress code is for Flying Fish? I'm thinking of trying it on an upcoming trip.

I was sorta wondering that too as I was thinking of going in between parks & didnt really want to go back to change.
but I just read another review that further peaks my interest of FF....
and wondering if I can walkup or not without ADR

RAIDER
02-13-2008, 04:00 AM
For me i would go to the Brown Derby ..I when there last year was pleasantly surprised ,in fact i thought it was excellent . :thumbsup:

splashtest
02-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Brown Derby's cobb salad and Filet are to die for......I have my ressies all set for August.

SBETigg
02-13-2008, 12:34 PM
FF simply for the adventure. Try something new. Personally I do not do fish in WDW, living in New England it is almost impossible to get better seafood than you do here.

(We get seafood fresh off the boats, literally. For one of our summer parties DH got dozens of fresh lobsters from the fishermen, as the were docking. It doesn't get more fresh than that.)

Yes, but there's a lot of good fish in FL that we don't see a lot of around here, like the red snapper. So, it is possible to get different fish that may be just as good as ours up here. :)

Caroleh
02-13-2008, 01:27 PM
On our last trip we did both Brown Derby and Flying Fish, both on Jym's recommendation. We LOVE FF. Allwe've been talking about is going back to WDW and eating at FF. Jym did a bang on review of FF!!!