PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Pricing for Meals

Camping Mom
02-11-2008, 09:24 PM
I am a Die Hard Disney fan, but I feel they are taking advantage of their guests by hiking meal prices during holidays. It is like we are being punished for going at a busier time. Is this a new thing or am I just noticing ???

DizneyRox
02-12-2008, 07:35 AM
It's new, and part of Disney's plan for higher profits each year. They have done a great job thus far of grabbing the last dollar out of your wallet, so this was something new they had to think of to increase profits even more. Most of the holiday periods I really understand, it's the summer premium that has me irked. It spans THREE MONTHS and barely covers a major holiday IMHO. July 4th I sortof understand, but the entire span from Memorial Day to July is a bit much, neither of which I have ever seen a "holiday" premium on local meals.

And usually, when locall places do that, it's a special meal (Valentines Day, Mother's Day Brunch or a Christmas meal). This is flat out extortion in my book.

Mickey91
02-12-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with DisneyRox. It is aweful how Disney continues to take away from the magic by making it a premium price. Walt would be rolling over in his grave. And as if the higher prices aren't enough, the quality and quantity of what you get has declined. Meals are a prime example. :(